News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: RX-78-2 on June 29, 2011, 12:27:29 AM
Excuse me for not reading the first four pages.

Super Smash Bros. Mayhem has probably already been suggested, but that's one of my guesses.

As far as characters go, they should balance Sakurai's mistakes, bring back all of the old characters (regardless of game), and add more Pokémon. It's too much fun to use them. And they need to add good ones like Scizor, Gengar, and Machamp. The rest of the Star Fox team would be cool to use too. Maybe even Krystal, because of her spear or whatever.

Other characters I'd like to see are a Boo, a Koopa, and an Animal Crossing person.

lol if they put in Miis like how Microsoft puts the avatars in games. I'd love to see a Wii Sports boxing Mii fight.

i'd really love to see miis disappear and never be mentioned or put in another game again
that would be a character i would like to see
no pokemon
no more starfox characters
a boo would suck, you can't look at it
a koopa would suck, it's a standard enemy, not a character
animal crossing characters wtf are you smoking

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on July 09, 2011, 06:38:27 PM
Pokemon had far too many reps in the entire Smash series.
And most of them were only added in due to high popularity.

I'll be honest when I say this, but I feel Mewtwo was the only Pokemon themed character that fit it nicely for the smash world.
Everything else was from meh to no.

Also, it really sucks how Waluigi and Daisy are always being neglected.
What's worse is that Waluigi at least made it in as an A.T., but then once more Daisy remains a collectible (Trophy/Sticker) which is of no real value just as most people consider the two.
Yeah, they didn't pick really good pokemon to use. I mean, Pikachu is a given. But Jigglypuff? And Pichu?! Yeah, there are hundreds of Pokemon, even, that would be better in the game. Oh, and Lucario wasn't even good. Disappointment with their pokemon selection. Thanks for bringing that up. I don't mind having a bunch of Pokemon as fighters, but they have to be GOOD ones :|
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Hmmm. For some strange reason my post vanished.
Not sure how it happened, but I'll repost it.

I'll be honest when I say this, but I feel Mewtwo was the only Pokemon themed character that fit it nicely for the smash world.

What's worse is that Waluigi at least made it in as an A.T., but then once more Daisy remains a collectible (Trophy/Sticker) which is of no real value just as most people consider the two.

Also, can we please have the "real" Target Test and Board the Platforms return.
Not only was Brawl's Break the Targets repetitive, but it also had the worst music of the three games.
It sounded far too cartoony, and I'd take SSB and SSBM's Target music over Brawls any day.

I liked how each character had their own exclusive Target Test stages, and am very clueless why they would go so far to switch it to "sharing".
Very terrible idea.

Quote from: Kayo on July 09, 2011, 06:48:21 PM
Yeah, they didn't pick really good pokemon to use. I mean, Pikachu is a given. But Jigglypuff? And Pichu?! Yeah, there are hundreds of Pokemon, even, that would be better in the game. Oh, and Lucario wasn't even good. Disappointment with their pokemon selection. Thanks for bringing that up. I don't mind having a bunch of Pokemon as fighters, but they have to be GOOD ones :|

Pikachu was an exception, and I can understand why they would put it in.
But everything else (minus Mewtwo) were just very poor choices.

Even Blaziken or Infernape would be a decent option.
Lucario was a blatant ripoff of Mewtwo, and therefore should have never even been considered for a replacement.

Not only do they have to be GOOD, but they also need to FIT IN.
Jigglypuff is one of the primary examples that does not fit in either category.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Bearissoslow

QuoteOh, and Lucario wasn't even good.

clearly some of us didn't play the game

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on July 09, 2011, 07:04:13 PM
Hmmm. For some strange reason my post vanished.
Not sure how it happened, but I'll repost it.

Also, can we please have the "real" Target Test and Board the Platforms return.
Not only was Brawl's Break the Targets repetitive, but it also had the worst music of the three games.
It sounded far too cartoony, and I'd take SSB and SSBM's Target music over Brawls any day.

I liked how each character had their own exclusive Target Test stages, and am very clueless why they would go so far to switch it to "sharing".
Very terrible idea.

Pikachu was an exception, and I can understand why they would put it in.
But everything else (minus Mewtwo) were just very poor choices.

Even Blaziken or Infernape would be a decent option.
Lucario was a blatant ripoff of Mewtwo, and therefore should have never even been considered for a replacement.

Not only do they have to be GOOD, but they also need to FIT IN.
Jigglypuff is one of the primary examples that does not fit in either category.
I'm not a big fan of Infernape, but hell I'd prefer it to most of what we've got. Let's see... looking at Gen V...

If they put Scrafty in I would main him. No way they're going to, but that thing is so badass. They're probably going to put in Zoroark (:|) or something like that. I'd like to see Machamp or something like that. Charizard was pretty good, too. Whenever i used Pokemon Trainer in Brawl I'd usually switch to Charizard.

Blaziken's cool. Yeah basically the best Pokemon to use are probably Fighting-type Pokemon, since the "fighting" style fits better as a general rule, though there can be a lot of exceptions. I'll have to think harder about what Pokemon I'd actually like to see in the next Smash game.

EDIT: Oh god this post looks terrible I'm so tired and I'm too lazy to fix anything
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Bearissoslow

you're all so stupid that you should enter a stupid contest where the majority of the pageantry is figuring out if stupidest gets first or last

DededeCloneChris

Sorry, bear, but your posts don't relate to the topic so they're pretty much being ignored.

Neerb

Pokemon being selected for popularity/importance to the franchise makes perfect sense. They're not just going to throw in a random bipedal Pokemon because that's easier to program and looks more humanoid; they're going to choose Pokemon that actually serve to represent the franchise, just like how EVERY OTHER CHARACTER IN SMASH BROS is chosen because they best serve to promote their franchise. Geno's a better fighter than Mario, Samurai Goroh actually wields a weapon while Captain Falcon's moveset was completely made up, and Knuckle Joe is built to fight while Kirby is a gluttonous child, but it's all about representation and advertising.

In fact, if you take a more detailed look, every Smash Bros Pokemon has specifically reflected the anime, which makes sense considering that the anime has always determined which Pokemon are more popular (notice that Pikachu has become the mascot of the games, despite being relatively unimportant in the original Red, Green, and Blue):
Pikachu made it because he was Ash's main Pokemon
Jigglypuff made it because she was a running gag on the show that was especially big in Japan
Pichu made it in because of the Pichu Brothers
Mewtwo made it in because he was the villain of the first movie
Lucario made it in because he had become wildly popular after being introduced pre-game in his own movie

Even in the one time they focused on the GAMES, it was with Pokemon Trainer, since having Red use all three original starters reflects what the original game was really about and thus best represents the franchise; however, even THAT was not safe from the influence of the anime:
They needed a final form, and Ash's Charizard was the most popoular
They needed a first-form, and Ash's Squirtle was the most popular
Ivysaur was what was left over

Would I like my personal favorite Pokemon from my personal Black Version to be playable? Yes. Am I going to complain that the most popular Pokemon were chosen instead of the ones I thought would look cool? No.

Zero

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on July 10, 2011, 08:37:42 AM
Sorry, bear, but your posts don't relate to the topic so they're pretty much being ignored.

Protip: You aren't ignoring Bear very well.

Neerb, thanks.

Bear's right, the rest of you, minus Custom, are intercourse ing retarded. Nothing's new.

Ron

Quote from: Neerb on July 10, 2011, 12:38:09 PM
the original Red, Green, and Blue
You mean yellow. :P

After playing through the game again since I just got a Wii again, I gotta say that I have a few things I'd like them to fix. Some have already been said, but I'll just repeat.

First of all, nobody f*cking likes Jigglypuff. She's the poopty annoying version of Kirby and has been irrelevant since before I turned 8. Please drop her from the game. /rant
Secondly, they really really really need to bring back the different break the targets for each character. Board the platforms would be a nice extra too, but with all the little trophies and poop they have that you have to play the SAME EXACT break the targets with every character makes it extremely boring and repetitive. Just sayin.

I dunno about replacing Subspace Emissary with Adventure mode, but I would definitely love if they would do Adventure Mode again. Maybe do Subspace Emissary, but don't make it so the characters are all meeting and stuff...just make it kind of like they did in Adventure, where each character has their own little separate story or something.

They really gotta replace Lucario with Mewtwo again. Mewtwo was just so much better. (Still not my favorite, but Lucario was a stupid addition.)
I think that it'd be really cool if they also added in something where you can edit the colors of each characters parts, like Mario's hat and shoes and pants and everything. (Kind of like you can play different styles of each character...but It'd be cool if you could edit it and do whatever you want to it.)
Also, for creating stages, it'd be cool if you could edit the background by putting your own pictures or making your own design for the background.

Just a few ideas. I had more another day but I forgot. Thoughts?

Click me ^

RX-78-2

Quote from: Bearissoslow on July 09, 2011, 02:31:18 AM

okay let's be honest and not hide behind the thousands of facades that you do: do you know what the term "martial-arts" means because if you say yes you clearly are lying to me
Whatever you're trying to say, it's not working. I'll explain myself in a different way.

Think of the "generic martial arts tournament" as any tournament that involves fighting.

Quote from: Custom on July 09, 2011, 06:15:45 AM
i'd really love to see miis disappear and never be mentioned or put in another game again
that would be a character i would like to see
no pokemon
no more starfox characters
a boo would suck, you can't look at it
a koopa would suck, it's a standard enemy, not a character
animal crossing characters wtf are you smoking
Who would be a character you'd like to see? Or am I missing the sarcasm?

In any case, you could obviously still look at a Boo; you can in many other games, so of course you could in an SSB game. A Koopa character would easily take the place of a normal Koopa seeing as there are a good number to fill that role. Animal Crossing characters were already speculated to be in SSBB in the form of wire frames, but are obviously not playable. I merely suggested that they become playable since they're technically already in the series. With an axe, a slingshot, a shovel, some fruit, and a fishing rod, I'm sure that something would work out.

Quote from: Bearissoslow on July 10, 2011, 05:10:35 AM
you're all so stupid that you should enter a stupid contest where the majority of the pageantry is figuring out if stupidest gets first or last
This is actually the first legitimately funny thing you've ever said. And yet it's still an insult.

To clarify my stance on adding more playable Pokémon to the next SSB title, I don't just want more Pokémon, I want better Pokémon. For instance, the aforementioned Scizor, Gengar, and Machamp, but also Alakazam, Darkrai, and Nidoking. The other starters (possibly made as different colors for the Pokémon Trainer) such as Blaziken and Infernape would be great for the game too.

However, I do agree that Lucario wasn't a replacement for Mewtwo. If they're going to keep clone characters in the series, they might as well keep both of these. Honestly, I liked using Lucario and thought that he was a decent character. It's just that he shouldn't have taken Mewtwo's place.

Also, since I know you guys won't be able to resist responding to this: I happen to like using Jigglypuff and think that she should stay.
[spoiler]Cue the insults.[/spoiler]
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Neerb

Quote from: Ron on July 12, 2011, 09:36:23 PM
You mean yellow. :P

No, Green. When the first three Japanese games came out, they were Red and Green with special version Blue. America just got the better Blue, which was duplicated to also have American Red.

At any rate, by the time of Yellow the anime had already clearly influenced the games with Pikachu now being an important character. However, for the first three games, Red Green and Blue, Pikachu was just as unimportant as any other Pokemon.

Ron

Quote from: Neerb on July 13, 2011, 06:40:37 AM
No, Green. When the first three Japanese games came out, they were Red and Green with special version Blue. America just got the better Blue, which was duplicated to also have American Red.

At any rate, by the time of Yellow the anime had already clearly influenced the games with Pikachu now being an important character. However, for the first three games, Red Green and Blue, Pikachu was just as unimportant as any other Pokemon.
Okay, but who played Green honestly?

Click me ^

Neerb

Quote from: Ron on July 13, 2011, 07:35:51 AM
Okay, but who played Green honestly?

Everyone in Japan.

Also, many of us played the remake.

Ron

Quote from: Neerb on July 13, 2011, 07:51:43 AM
Everyone in Japan.

Also, many of us played the remake.
I meant here. when I think the 3 originals, I think Red Blue and Yellow honestly. Because that's what the US got.

btw, I dunno if anyone mentioned it (or If I did), but I think both Rayman and Mega Man are strong contenders for the next game.

Click me ^