News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahrann

Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

Bearissoslow

Quote from: Tahrann on July 20, 2011, 11:45:09 AM
How about Django and Sabata from Boktai?

get the intercourse  out of here with your cock sucking lips that were made for Kojima's only

Kayo

Any other characters you guys think should be taken out of the roster?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

The only character I think should be removed from the roster is Lucario, as he must make way for a new Poke-pop-culture icon (we'll probably be in 6th gen by the time this comes out, anyway). However, I really think Ganondorf should get his moveset changed up a bit so that he has his sword and maybe some more magic; I can deal with all the Star Fox characters being Luigified clones of each other, but when a potential-filled character like Ganondorf copies a "we made his set up on the spot" character like Captain Falcon, that's obnoxious.

Also, change certain Final Smashes so that they're actually creative and relevant to the series. And by that, I mean EVERY MARIO-RELATED CHARACTER except Donkey Kong, Wario, and maybe Mario. Honestly, Yoshi, Peach, & Luigi's come out of practically nowhere, Diddy Kong's is just plain lazy, and Bowser's is a reference to Smash instead of his own series. Heck, that was my biggest problem with Brawl: too many original, self-contained things and not enough Nintendo-themed crossover things. Give me Mushroom Kingdom and individual target tests, not Trophy Planet and boring repetitive missions.

The Riddler

Quote from: Neerb on July 21, 2011, 02:35:10 PM
The only character I think should be removed from the roster is Lucario, as he must make way for a new Poke-pop-culture icon (we'll probably be in 6th gen by the time this comes out, anyway). However, I really think Ganondorf should get his moveset changed up a bit so that he has his sword and maybe some more magic; I can deal with all the Star Fox characters being Luigified clones of each other, but when a potential-filled character like Ganondorf copies a "we made his set up on the spot" character like Captain Falcon, that's obnoxious.

Also, change certain Final Smashes so that they're actually creative and relevant to the series. And by that, I mean EVERY MARIO-RELATED CHARACTER except Donkey Kong, Wario, and maybe Mario. Honestly, Yoshi, Peach, & Luigi's come out of practically nowhere, Diddy Kong's is just plain lazy, and Bowser's is a reference to Smash instead of his own series. Heck, that was my biggest problem with Brawl: too many original, self-contained things and not enough Nintendo-themed crossover things. Give me Mushroom Kingdom and individual target tests, not Trophy Planet and boring repetitive missions.
Yoshi's Final Smash is based on everything from SMW. Luigi's was something creative by the Brawl team, and I like the idea behind it. Bowser's is fine as it is.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on July 21, 2011, 02:35:10 PM

Pokemon Gen VI isn't coming to the USA until 2015, since the traditional four-year pattern will more than likely be kept.

As for the final smashes, let's see YOU think of anything better.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on July 21, 2011, 08:24:36 PM
Pokemon Gen VI isn't coming to the USA until 2015, since the traditional four-year pattern will more than likely be kept.

As for the final smashes, let's see YOU think of anything better.
Let Falco ride the air.

Kayo

[move][/move]

JrDude

I like Diddy's, I don't see anything wrong with his. I also can't think of a single other thing he could do besides guitar, which would be a copy of Donkey's.
Peach can maybe get something from the Super Princess Peach game? I don't know much about it, but I think something could work.
Luigi's can be similar to Ganondorf/Zelda/Sheik's in what it does. He gets on the Polturgust (Like in M&L: SS during some E. Gadd coffee drink) and ram into the opponents in the way, almost guarantee kill. It's an idea.
Bowser... I dunno, I have an idea, but I don't like it myself. Maybe turn into Super Bowser form M&L: BIS, then do something like Snake? (Aim at the screen and punch the poop out of whatever the aim thing aims at)
And what else can Yoshi do? I like his too, but I thought I'd think of an idea. Maybe... Everyone turns into eggs, and Yoshi can run up to the egg and throw them where ever the hell he wants? (You would have to use it strategically, as some spots it's hard to throw them off stage). Also a time limit, kinda like Peach's current FS where you can eventually wake up.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Luigi: Boos appear and start floating around the stage, attacking all players except Luigi
Peach: gets a random power from her SPP game; Gloom makes her run faster and jump higher while damaging anyone you run into, Rage makes enemies explode into flames (damages them, not Peach), Joy makes a cyclone that spins enemies around and throws them in random directions around the stages, and Calm creates a bubble that heals Peach constantly until someone hits her (although she can hit others).
Bowser: hops into the clown car to fly around the stages, throwing bob-ombs and Spinys (it's manually controlled).
Diddy: plays his guitar from DK64; works like DK's bongos, but it makes two smaller shockwaves next to each other instead of one big one in the center.

Peach's sounds complicated, and Diddy's is a DK copy, but those are just examples; the point is, it could work. They don't need to make up random stuff unless the character LITERALLY has nothing else to do, ala Captain Falcon in the first game. Even an aesthetic change would have been nice, like Luigi's having the exact same effect but with ghosts instead of an "incantation opening up the negative zone."

DededeCloneChris

The Riddler

Quote from: Neerb on July 22, 2011, 12:40:38 PM
Luigi: Boos appear and start floating around the stage, attacking all players except Luigi
Peach: gets a random power from her SPP game; Gloom makes her run faster and jump higher while damaging anyone you run into, Rage makes enemies explode into flames (damages them, not Peach), Joy makes a cyclone that spins enemies around and throws them in random directions around the stages, and Calm creates a bubble that heals Peach constantly until someone hits her (although she can hit others).
Bowser: hops into the clown car to fly around the stages, throwing bob-ombs and Spinys (it's manually controlled).
Diddy: plays his guitar from DK64; works like DK's bongos, but it makes two smaller shockwaves next to each other instead of one big one in the center.

Peach's sounds complicated, and Diddy's is a DK copy, but those are just examples; the point is, it could work. They don't need to make up random stuff unless the character LITERALLY has nothing else to do, ala Captain Falcon in the first game. Even an aesthetic change would have been nice, like Luigi's having the exact same effect but with ghosts instead of an "incantation opening up the negative zone."
Diddy doesn't need to change. His Jetpack and Peanut Poppers are based on DK64.
Luigi's makes no sense. He doesn't control Boos.
Peach's needs to be one thing, not a random thing between four.
Bowser's is aight.

Kayo

Or you can be like me and my friend and turn off smash balls in the item selection for good old fashioned fighting.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

As far as final smashes go, the only one that REALLY annoys me is the three landmasters. C'mon, that was just total laziness on Sakurai's part. Most of the others are more or less ok for me, although I few could be changed to better suit what they do in game (Peach, DDD, etc.).

Now as far as characters go, it's really impossible to say who will be in the game, at least until we get a trailer of some kind. Although I'm betting that big sword guy from Kid Icarus will probably get in since Sakurai is making that game, and he seems to have a fairly major role in it. But we'll see.

Characters who should go in my opinion:

Young/Toon Link: I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but I never understood the point of having both young and old link. Yes, I know they play differently but still, it bugs me. Maybe if they differentiated Toon Link a bit more I'd be ok with it.

ROB: FUCK rob. He has no business being in smash, he's not popular, the two games you used him in suck, and so many other characters (even classic ones) could be in here. And if you do remember Rob at all, you hate him since the games sucked and he was a lousy peripheral. It'd be like making the Virtual Boy an item or something...no one wants to remember those days.

Wolf: A clone of a clone (sort of), and until the Star Fox games get good without relying on the 64 crutch, they don't deserve three reps. Oh, and a third landmaster? Jut ugh. Leave it to Fox and Falco please. We really don't need anymore.

Pokemon Trainer: Another lousy excuse to put more pokemon in the game. And I'm a Gen 1 diehard. Look, I like pokemon, but they really don't need this many reps since almost all can fit. Changing between three was just annoying and again, more roster spots taken.

Jigglypuff: Outlived her usefulness. I know she's still "popular" but ugh. She just always seemed like a worse version of Kirby to me. *shrugs*

Lucario: For fifth (or sixth) generation rep. The only pokemon that should be in game are Pikachu, Mewtwo, and a current gen rep.

Lucas: For continuing to rub in western faces that Mother 3 will never leave Japan...and reminding us that Nintendo does in fact hate America and doesn't want us to have any RPG's.

Short list of who I'd want: Samurai Goroh, Isaac (Golden Sun), a Metroid rep (not another Samus schtick), A third FE rep...not sure who, A mother rep from the game everyone actually got (Mother 2), Victini (hey, it could work for fifth gen) and most of all a nerfed as intercourse  metaknight. Third parties I'd be happy with: Megaman (despite Capcom hating him themselves now), Bomberman, or Travis Touchdown. :P

So yeah. Just my thoughts. Agree or disagree, it's fine.