<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on July 22, 2011, 03:36:26 PM
Characters who should go in my opinion:

Young/Toon Link: I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but I never understood the point of having both young and old link. Yes, I know they play differently but still, it bugs me. Maybe if they differentiated Toon Link a bit more I'd be ok with it.
Indifference.

QuoteROB: FUCK rob. He has no business being in smash, he's not popular, the two games you used him in suck, and so many other characters (even classic ones) could be in here. And if you do remember Rob at all, you hate him since the games sucked and he was a lousy peripheral. It'd be like making the Virtual Boy an item or something...no one wants to remember those days.
Don't hate so much. Don't care about his past, he's...okay to use. Really not great, but not as bad as some others.

QuoteWolf: A clone of a clone (sort of), and until the Star Fox games get good without relying on the 64 crutch, they don't deserve three reps. Oh, and a third landmaster? Jut ugh. Leave it to Fox and Falco please. We really don't need anymore.
Agreed.

QuotePokemon Trainer: Another lousy excuse to put more pokemon in the game. And I'm a Gen 1 diehard. Look, I like pokemon, but they really don't need this many reps since almost all can fit. Changing between three was just annoying and again, more roster spots taken.
Disagree. It was because Red deserved enough to be put into the game, but he couldn't do poop by himself. SO HE USES HIS POKEMON. I really actually liked this one.

QuoteJigglypuff: Outlived her usefulness. I know she's still "popular" but ugh. She just always seemed like a worse version of Kirby to me. *shrugs*
I couldn't agree more.

QuoteLucario: For fifth (or sixth) generation rep. The only pokemon that should be in game are Pikachu, Mewtwo, and a current gen rep.
Lucario wasn't even deserving in Brawl. Yeah I know there was a movie made about him and stuff, but he's just not that good. And he wasn't good in Brawl either. Get him out.

QuoteLucas: For continuing to rub in western faces that Mother 3 will never leave Japan...and reminding us that Nintendo does in fact hate America and doesn't want us to have any RPG's.
Ness is quite enough. We don't need Lucas. (Agreed).
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Kayo on July 22, 2011, 03:25:36 PM
Or you can be like me and my friend and turn off smash balls in the item selection for good old fashioned fighting.
Yeah I love buying games so I can turn off all the fun features.

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler21 on July 22, 2011, 04:04:01 PM
Yeah I love buying games so I can turn off all the fun features.
Item selection = feature, which full advantage is taken of.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Nayrman on July 22, 2011, 03:36:26 PM
Young/Toon Link - Young/Toon Link is fine to keep in. They're different characters, albeit with the same name. Toon Link would probably stay over Young Link now that he's more relevant.

ROB: FUCK rob - Fuck you.

Wolf: >Doesn't deserve 3 reps. You're intercourse ing high. Only complaint is they should have given him a different Smash.

Pokemon Trainer: -Best Pokemon idea ever after Pikachu. Don't be hating.

Jigglypuff: Smash veteran. Can't be taken out.

Lucario: -Will Be replaced by the next gen. Stop complaining.

Lucas: - It's primarily a Japanese game. Unless you want them removing characters when they translate it to American, stop whining.

Short list of who I'd want:
Samurai Goroh - Fine as an Assist
Isaac - Agreed
A Metroid rep - If you say Ridley I'll smack you in the face. No one else is worth the effort.
A third FE rep... I agree, but think you're hypocritical thinking Star Fox doesn't deserve a third rep.
A mother 2 rep - It's fine how it is. Let's get one from Mother 1 for the full set.
Victini - All credibility lost.

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler21 on July 22, 2011, 04:35:34 PM

I don't care what you say about Jigglypuff being a "Smash veteran" and being "popular for some time", it still sucks and doesn't belong on the roster.
[move][/move]

JrDude

If you want Lucas gone, Marth should go too, as he was a Japanese only character as well if I'm not mistaken.

Young/Toon - Toon is good, just make him different. If he looks the same, make his moveset different. There's no point in having 2 characters who look the same, be the same. Otherwise, just don't put them both in.

R.O.B. - I kinda like that he's in, he's almost a Smash-only character (except not [MKDS and possibly more I don't remember]). Just make his FS less lame.

Wolf (and Falco) - Change their movesets a bit more. Sure there are differences, but they basically do the same things. AND their FS. There's little logic in Falco driving a Landmaster, and even less logic with Wolf. Keep them in though.

P. Trainer - Could live without him, but I like him.

Jigglypuff - Will forever be in so no point in complaining.

Lucario - Unique in his stronger when hurt more, but will most likely be gone anyway. Could live without him, but I like him.

Lucas - Could live without him.

Goroh - SureYNot
Isaac - IDK, never played
Metroid - Ridley could work, but I doubt it will happen. I don't think there's really anything else that would work at all.
FE - I barely played so IDK.
Mother - Never played so IDC.
Victini - The idea is bad and you should feel bad.

[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Quote from: JrDude 益 on July 22, 2011, 11:15:47 PM
If you want Lucas gone, Marth should go too, as he was a Japanese only character as well if I'm not mistaken.

This is no longer the case.

Young/Toon - Agreed

R.O.B - I enjoy how this character plays so it'd be a shame to see him go. Won't care in the long run though.

Wolf/Falco - They play differently enough from Fox to where I don't mind them, but Wolf is still "lol" to say the least.

P.Trainer - Keep him. He's the only Pokemon rep thats actually stands out.

Jiggs - She isn't relevant nowadays but chances are she isn't going anywhere.

Lucario - A fun to play character, indifferent towards his removal.

Goroh - No. Captain Falcon is the only F-Zero character worth a poop. Why would ANYONE want Goroh as a playable character?

Isaac - I can see Isaac being a pretty interesting character. We're already getting up there with sword-wielders though.

Ridley - lol "he's in the clouds". Yeah, nah. It'd be awkward having a Bowser-sized Ridley and we all know it. Tail is also incredibly long and poses some hitbox issues. Devs would have to find a way around it.

Fire Emblem Characters - Yeah. No. Why people constantly want more Fire Emblem characters is beyond me. Most are incredibly generic and hold no significance at all. Keep Marth and Ike, maybe add Roy back in and change his move set to make him unique. Other than that I really see no real reason to add more Fire Emblem characters. Hector would be acceptable, I suppose. Lyn would just be another Marth. There are only so many things you can do with swordsmen that lack powers ans poop, people. Whether Smash Bros is a sausage-fest or not is irrelevant.

Mother - Wait you want MOAR Mother characters? What the intercourse ? Why? The series sucks ass and sold like absolute poop. Ness and Lucas are fine and actually fun to play as, who would you add that a good amount of people would recognize? Poo? A character from the first poopty game? Yeah no. None of these characters hold any real significance outside of Ness and Lucas. We have our Mother reps. Wanting more is just ridiculous.

Victini - I honestly didn't think of this pokemon when thinking of pokemon that they'd throw in. At least it'd be better than Pichu.

Neerb

I want Toon Link to get a completely different move set than Link; there have been tons of different Links throughout the series with absolutely colossal potential in terms of their various items and powers. It's not like the Star Fox characters where they don't even have that many distinguishing abilities; Toon Link could be a unique character.

As for new characters I want in...
-Geno, who, despite his unimportance, is probably the one character I could see getting in based solely on fan support
-Lucario replacement... not sure who... probably Victini or Zoroark
-Mewtwo. I know, I know "too many Pokemon reps," but I really liked Mewtwo in Melee and he has serious significance in his series. In fact, I'd rather have him replace Lucario than a 5th gen Pokemon.
-Dark Samus, as long as it's not a Samus clone... which I admit would be ironic
-Ray 01 or MKIII, for crying out loud he should have already been in this game
-Tom Nook
-Matt, the trainer Mii from the Wii Sports series. Whether we like it or not, Mii is a big part of Nintendo, and I think a rep with Sports and Play themed moves could be cool.
-Knuckles or Shadow, if 3rd parties are granted two reps
-Mega Man
-a Ubisoft rep... I'd prefer Rayman, but the Prince or Travis Touchdown would be good too

Can't really think of any more right now; that is, I can't think of any more that have a believable chance of getting in that I actually want to get in. Unrealistically, I'd add Umbreon & Espeon as an Ice Climber-like duo as the Lucario replacement, Bowser Jr, Krystal, Sora, and probably some others.

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on July 23, 2011, 12:12:19 AM
Ridley - lol "he's in the clouds". Yeah, nah. It'd be awkward having a Bowser-sized Ridley and we all know it. Tail is also incredibly long and poses some hitbox issues. Devs would have to find a way around it. - THANK YOU.

Fire Emblem Characters - Yeah. No. - Well, I for one would axe Ike in favor of either Ephraim, Eirika/Lyn or Hector. A Spear user, female sword user, or an Axe user would be awesome.

Mother - Wait you want MOAR Mother characters? What the intercourse ? Why? The series sucks ass and sold like absolute poop. Ness and Lucas are fine and actually fun to play as, who would you add that a good amount of people would recognize? Poo? A character from the first poopty game? Yeah no. None of these characters hold any real significance outside of Ness and Lucas. We have our Mother reps. Wanting more is just ridiculous. - Why not a Mother 1 character? :3

Victini - I honestly didn't think of this pokemon when thinking of pokemon that they'd throw in. At least it'd be better than Pichu. - NO.

The Riddler

Quote from: Neerb on July 23, 2011, 09:06:19 AM
I want Toon Link to get a completely different move set than Link; there have been tons of different Links throughout the series with absolutely colossal potential in terms of their various items and powers. It's not like the Star Fox characters where they don't even have that many distinguishing abilities; Toon Link could be a unique character.

As for new characters I want in...
-Geno, who, despite his unimportance, is probably the one character I could see getting in based solely on fan support - Square won't give him up. Would love it though.
-Lucario replacement... not sure who... probably Victini - NO. or Zoroark- This is the more likely to happen. But meh.
-Mewtwo. I know, I know "too many Pokemon reps," but I really liked Mewtwo in Melee and he has serious significance in his series. In fact, I'd rather have him replace Lucario than a 5th gen Pokemon. He's not relevant anymore and has already been removed. They won't bring him back. D:
-Dark Samus, as long as it's not a Samus clone... which I admit would be ironic No.
-Ray 01 or MKIII, for crying out loud he should have already been in this game LOL CUSTOM ROBO
-Tom Nook Sure.
-Matt, the trainer Mii from the Wii Sports series. Whether we like it or not, Mii is a big part of Nintendo, and I think a rep with Sports and Play themed moves could be cool. NO.
-Knuckles or Shadow, if 3rd parties are granted two reps Tails first, plox. <3
-Mega Man Pewpewpew
-a Ubisoft rep... I'd prefer Rayman, but the Prince or Travis Touchdown would be good tooEnough third parties.

DededeCloneChris

I think resizing Ridley would be possible since they did it with Olimar.

However, a small Ridley would look out of place. At least Olimar's model doesn't have issues to resize.

Neerb

Quote from: Riddler21 on July 23, 2011, 12:42:08 PM

Custom Robo is fun, and it's had more games than Pikmin, the last of which is more recent than Pikmin. I'm shocked he was only an assist trophy in Brawl.

And why no Dark Samus? Prime was a massively popular series, and I can't think of any more relevant or practical Metroid characters.

Zero

Why not a Mother 1 character? Aight, easy enough.

-Not exactly the most popular NES RPG out there. It's the least popular of the 3 Mother games to boot.
-Characters are hardly relevant, unrecognizable to a vast majority of Smash fans. Would be appealing to an incredibly small niche.
-Ninten is essentially Ness in terms of design. Would require a reinvention, and even then, you know the devs would just base his play style off of Lucas/Ness. We should be used to this by now. By wanting Ninten you're basically asking for another Psuedo-clone.
-As for characters other than Ninten, I don't even remember any. Suggesting that a Mother 1 character other than Ninten would get in is laughable anyway.

Going for a "full set" is a cute idea and all, but there is really no point in having a full set of Mother characters. If it happens I'll poop a brick.

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on July 23, 2011, 01:08:33 PM
I think resizing Ridley would be possible since they did it with Olimar.

However, a small Ridley would look out of place. At least Olimar's model doesn't have issues to resize.

facepalm.jpg

Kayo

I'd actually rather they dump Jigglypuff for any Gen V Pokemon. Any at all. Even though I happen to hate some of them, it would still be something new and different. I can't think of anything that has enough significance so far though.

Too many Pokemon reps wouldn't be bad if they were good ones. They could have five GOOD ones and I'd be okay with it, to be totally honest.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on July 23, 2011, 07:01:11 PM
I'd actually rather they dump Jigglypuff for any Gen V Pokemon. Any at all. Even though I happen to hate some of them, it would still be something new and different. I can't think of anything that has enough significance so far though.

Too many Pokemon reps wouldn't be bad if they were good ones. They could have five GOOD ones and I'd be okay with it, to be totally honest.

The problem is, you're defining "good" on your opinion. Not on who would best represent the series, not on who has been around since the first game, not on how good of fighters they are in Pokemon (not that that even applies in Smash anyway), not on what they can bring to the game, just on your opinion. Blaziken, Gallade, and other various bipedal characters that other Nintendo characters could easily take the place of are of no actual importance or relevance; Jigglypuff, on the other hand, is a very unique character (judging on actual moves and styles, not on how she looks like Kirby) who had significant relevance in the first game and has since become a staple of the series.

In fact, that's how I often think of her: as a Smash character, not a Pokemon character. She's as relevant to Smash Bros as Master Hand or Mario, even if she's not as relevant to Pokemon anymore. Sure, maybe it would have been nice for someone else to be in in the first place, but she's been here as long as any other character and it wouldn't be the same without her, like a Street Fighter II character that you never play as in SFIV.