News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Ravioli

It's as if you emanate enough autism to burn holes in the ozone.

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Ravioli on August 29, 2011, 12:00:24 AM
It's as if you emanate enough autism to burn holes in the ozone.
That statement was very entertaining to me.
You earn a point.

Shujinco2

Classic Mario and Mr. Namco, as always.

CAN THERE BE ANYBODY ELSE?

Doodle

Quote from: RX-78-2 on July 30, 2011, 12:17:51 AM
As for significance, they might as well use King Boo or even the Boo partner from Paper Mario then. I just want some sort of Boo in SSB.

I don't know why people are saying all of this stuff about not being able to look at it though, because that's obviously been taken care of in other games.
That's silly. This isn't Mario Kart. I don't see any other Mario reps besides maybe Bowser Jr.

We need King K. Rool, though. Make it happen.
YEAH

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on September 09, 2011, 07:28:07 AM
That's silly. This isn't Mario Kart. I don't see any other Mario reps besides maybe Bowser Jr.

We need King K. Rool, though. Make it happen.
We'll have to talk to Rare about that, since K. Rool is much less Nintendo than DK and Diddy.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on September 09, 2011, 12:38:33 PM
We'll have to talk to Rare about that, since K. Rool is much less Nintendo than DK and Diddy.
I don't really think that would be much of an issue at this point considering the fact that both K. Rool and Kritter made an appearance in Super Sluggers.
Everything except Donkey Kong and Cranky Kong were created by Rare, however Nintendo owns full rights to the entire DK franchise including the objects and enemies with the exception of the Jetpack mini-game from DK64.

Also, if you journey back to Diddy Kong Racing DS you'll notice that the only two characters that have been removed and replaced by Dixie and Tiny were Banjo and Conker. But that's clearly due to the fact that Banjo/Conker and their games are under full ownership of Rare.
Even the Kritter from the original is still there.

So there shouldn't be an issue with getting K. Rool added in.
I personally would love to see that happen.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on September 09, 2011, 07:21:29 PM
I don't really think that would be much of an issue at this point considering the fact that both K. Rool and Kritter made an appearance in Super Sluggers.
Everything except Donkey Kong and Cranky Kong were created by Rare, however Nintendo owns full rights to the entire DK franchise including the objects and enemies with the exception of the Jetpack mini-game from DK64.

Also, if you journey back to Diddy Kong Racing DS you'll notice that the only two characters that have been removed and replaced by Dixie and Tiny were Banjo and Conker. But that's clearly due to the fact that Banjo/Conker and their games are under full ownership of Rare.
Even the Kritter from the original is still there.

So there shouldn't be an issue with getting K. Rool added in.
I personally would love to see that happen.
I'm not saying it wouldn't be awesome, but I'm not sure how much Nintendo would want him in there.

And of course his >B move would be to throw his crown like a boomerang.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

I'm not sure what goes into the character selection process, but another DK and villain rep would be cool, so I'm all for K. Rool being in the game. More heavy/power characters too. Although, Nintendo will probably go for the "more Mario and Pokeymans!" route like they apparently have been. Guess we'll see once the first trailer comes out.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on September 09, 2011, 08:34:10 PM
I'm not sure what goes into the character selection process, but another DK and villain rep would be cool, so I'm all for K. Rool being in the game. More heavy/power characters too. Although, Nintendo will probably go for the "more Mario and Pokeymans!" route like they apparently have been. Guess we'll see once the first trailer comes out.
If you forgot, the Mario rep count in Brawl got reduced to four. I'm sure they won't have five reps per franchise unless the Wii U is strong enough to have lots of more characters around.

Kayo

[move][/move]

Neerb

First game introduced 12 characters.
Second game introduced 13 characters, not counting transformations.
Third game introduced 14 characters, not counting transformations (and if you count Toon as Young).
So... fourth game introduces 15 characters, not counting transformations?

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on September 09, 2011, 09:17:43 PM
First game introduced 12 characters.
Second game introduced 13 characters, not counting transformations.
Third game introduced 14 characters, not counting transformations (and if you count Toon as Young).
So... fourth game introduces 15 characters, not counting transformations?
Maybe, although they COULD introduce even more.
[move][/move]

Neerb

More is always good... as long as they put some effort into it. Sakurai has apparently said that they're working harder to make the characters balanced this time.

There's also the chance that characters from Brawl could be lost... or characters from Melee could come back?

Though I doubt both; Brawl seemed to have a pretty solid cast outside of Lucario, who will almost certainly not come back. And I fear Mewtwo and Roy will never return...

Kayo

I personally see nothing wrong with intensely expanding the roster. Absolutely nothing wrong with having that many more characters to choose from when playing. It just adds even MORE customization/options, and makes everything more fun.
[move][/move]