Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravioli

Neerb

Quote from: Ravioli on September 18, 2011, 09:39:02 PM
noitemsfoxonlyfinaldestination

Not in Brawl.  :D
Of course we still have Meta Knight.  :|

And just because Brawl messed up doesn't mean the next one has to as well. I wouldn't even mind if they kept the floatiness or left out the Melee techniques; just get rid of tripping, balance the characters and fix online and I'd be sold (though I would prefer them to bring back Melee's faster, heavier feel and darker look).

And even with all those things still in it (besides crappy online), it's still a fun game. It's more casual than Melee, sure, but just because it wasn't the 13/10 everyone wanted it to be doesn't mean it isn't a blast to play if you have friends.

Doodle

Keep Brawl's art style and intercourse ton of features and add a more Melee-inspired gameplay and we'll be set.
YEAH

Zero

Quote from: Ravioli on September 18, 2011, 09:26:05 PM
lol no

[spoiler]The fight mechanics were so watered-down from Melee that it totally lost most of its verve. No hitstun. No l-cancelling. No directional air-dodging. Motherintercourse ing tripping. Everything just felt so sluggish in comparison. Brawl rewards camping and spamming far more than its predecessor.

SSE is the most boring, useless, unbearably long and tedious piece of poop story mode of any game ever. So much wasted effort. There is intercourse ing nothing remotely entertaining about it. Did anyone even bother to use stickers?

Online play. Nothing to say there.

I'm not even a butthurt tourneyfag. The game was just so anticlimactic after how fun Melee was and after all the hype. It's like Sakurai was trying way too hard to make Brawl his magnum opus but put too much of his effort and vision into the wrong places.

I tried to be impartial with Brawl just because I figured that despite my whining it would still be worth some quality kicks and fun. Yeah, it was fun for maybe one week and that was it. My friends and I have clocked far more time into Melee. Every once in a blue moon we'll still play a couple rounds of Melee. I think I played Brawl with friends....three times? And the immediate consensus was "What the intercourse ? Did my character just intercourse ing trip? Fuck this gay poop let's go to the house of mirrors and drop shrooms."

tl;dr: I'm beating a dead horse because Brawl hate already peaked two days after its release and I don't actually care what you guys do with your time so whatever [/spoiler]

but seriously why does this exist

Oh you and I are on the same page when it come to competitive Brawl, but at the same exact time its a fun party game when my friends and I don't feel like playing Melee. It has more content and is still Smash, so its aight.

Smash Bros is still the joke of competitive fighting games anyway. It's a god darn party game.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Doodle

YEAH

Zero

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

DededeCloneChris

Nayrman

I actually think Universe works well for Smash Bros., as for one it's characters from a bunch of different universes coming together. Second, Universe is as big as it gets, and the Smash games have been getting bigger and bigger in each incarnation. So in those ways I think the name works.

Where was that found anyway?

Tupin

Neerb

Whoa, definitely wasn't expecting info so soon. What site is this from? Can anyone translate what it says? Should we change the title now that we know what it's called (at least, the Wii U version)?

Also, "Universe" sounds pretty... well, universal. With a title like that, I'd expect the character count to soar and 3rd parties to make a far more notable presence.

Tupin

If it's real, there are a few things the Zelda website that broke the info translated. Apparently they are:

- Taking tripping out
- Larger emphasis on Mario series, as it has "grown"
- Something similar to the way badges work in TWEWY
-  A faster Samus
- More third party characters
- Developers feel F-Zero and Mother franchises are finished, no ideas for them

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/09/super-smash-bros-universe-japanese-fact-sheet.html

Probably fake.