News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

This doesn't look close to confirmation. As it stands it has as much of a chance of being fake as it does of being real. The name's not bad though.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

It could be very fake. I mean, they're re-using the same SSBB logo except with the special U and "-niverse" slapped on it. But I agree. Universe sounds powerful enough to drop the "fight" synonyms.

Neerb

It's written well enough, I'll give them that; no major character claims or features or anything, just simple stuff like "Samus should be faster" and "We should improve the sticker system" and "Mother is pretty much done."

DededeCloneChris

F-Zero is finished? SSB could lose some serious memetic meaning just for that.

Neerb

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on September 20, 2011, 06:05:42 PM
F-Zero is finished? SSB could lose some serious memetic meaning just for that.

They mean in terms of adding stuff, they're not taking Cap out. Besides, we don't really need anyone from Falcon's series besides the mighty Falcon himself.

Kayo

Then again, wince the WiiU is a Wii with a U added to it, they'll probably milk that U for all it's worth. As in, they'll make these games' titles begin with Us if they can. So Universe makes even more sense.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on September 20, 2011, 06:20:12 PM
Then again, wince the WiiU is a Wii with a U added to it, they'll probably milk that U for all it's worth. As in, they'll make these games' titles begin with Us if they can. So Universe makes even more sense.

You mean like they did with... well, I guess every console they've ever had?
*thinks*

Super Mario Underground
The Legend of Zelda: Ukulele of Space
F-Zero UX
Pokemon Battle Revolution TU
Star Fox 64 U

Okay I'm done.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on September 20, 2011, 06:31:38 PM
You mean like they did with... well, I guess every console they've ever had?
*thinks*

Super Mario Underground
The Legend of Zelda: Ukulele of Space
F-Zero UX
Pokemon Battle Revolution TU
Star Fox 64 U

Okay I'm done.
Every console? Let's go play Mario Kart GameCube then. :|
I mean, they can't be as lazy as "Mario Kart Wii" here, since "Mario Kart WiiU" for example would just be awful. So we'll probably get a handful of U games. Mario Kart... Ultimatum?
[move][/move]

Nayrman

The F-Zero bit kind of annoyed me though. F-Zero has plenty of potential, if they'd ever bother making a game that utilized any of it, like online or something. I dunno, I just think maybe a RACING game with lots of people racing at one time MIGHT be good for online. But nope, apparently it has no future.

Besides, Goroh or Black Shadow would be fun if they could make a good moveset for them. Then again, this is the series that's too lazy to give Ganondorf his own moveset...

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on September 20, 2011, 06:38:25 PM
Every console? Let's go play Mario Kart GameCube then. :|
I mean, they can't be as lazy as "Mario Kart Wii" here, since "Mario Kart WiiU" for example would just be awful. So we'll probably get a handful of U games. Mario Kart... Ultimatum?

Well, every gen; 1st gen had Famicom Wars (later to be called "Advance Wars" by non-Japanese), 2nd gen had "Super" stuff, 3rd gen was loaded with 64s, 4th gen had Advance stuff, 5th was the worst with "DS" and "Wii" all over the place, and 6th was just asking for it with the 3DS.

And Mario Kart Ultimatum sounds like a game where we get to jump from kart to kart and beat people unconscious while racing Final Fantasy bosses.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on September 20, 2011, 06:45:51 PM
Well, every gen; 1st gen had Famicom Wars (later to be called "Advance Wars" by non-Japanese), 2nd gen had "Super" stuff, 3rd gen was loaded with 64s, 4th gen had Advance stuff, 5th was the worst with "DS" and "Wii" all over the place, and 6th was just asking for it with the 3DS.

And Mario Kart Ultimatum sounds like a game where we get to jump from kart to kart and beat people unconscious while racing Final Fantasy bosses.
There aren't enough U words.

OH GOD

SUPER MARIO UNIVERSE
???
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on September 20, 2011, 06:46:39 PM
There aren't enough U words.

OH GOD

SUPER MARIO UNIVERSE
???

Such a shame; if they got it out earlier it could have been Super Mario Galaxy Thrii

Kayo

Land, World, Galaxy, Universe.

As odd as it sounds, it makes perfect sense.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on September 20, 2011, 06:12:42 PM
They mean in terms of adding stuff, they're not taking Cap out. Besides, we don't really need anyone from Falcon's series besides the mighty Falcon himself.

This a thousand intercourse ing times.

Honestly, how the intercourse  is adding in Samurai Goroh or Black Bull in going to ship more units of the game? Falcon is all we need.