News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on October 25, 2011, 04:51:17 PM
Your opinion is really really bad because it ignores so many intercourse ing facts that its downright cancer inducing

[spoiler]Smash is a party game too[/spoiler]
Smash is a cross-over fighting game.
Not a sports/board game.

So you think Daisy has a chance then?

Zero

Quote from: Zeromus on October 25, 2011, 05:13:46 PM
Not a sports/board game.

It's still a party game.

There is a reason why she's been a costume for peach since Melee and that's because there isn't much difference between the two characters, at all.

You still haven't given me any reasoning as to WHY you think his chances are low other than I HATE HIM and PARTY GAMES ARE UNIMPORTANT and those arguments are terrible. The latter contradicts Smash Bros itself.

Here's what he has going for him:

-Hardly any Mario characters left that have any significance
-He's the last of the italian set and his brother is already in
-He was an AT in Brawl
-He's been in plenty of Nintendo games, and his moveset could be Mario Party/Sports game related, which would stand out(despite Peach's Fsmash, which is partially Sports game related).

Not to mention that its not like there are any set rules for character inclusion besides RELEVANCE and maybe popularity. Something which Waluigi has over say, Black Bull or Goroh.

I don't like the character, but its not like we have plenty of Mario characters that'd make more sense than he would. Bowser Jr. would be alright as long as he has the paintbrush I guess.

Custom

Quote from: Zeromus on October 25, 2011, 05:13:46 PM
Not a sports/board game.

you're trying to tell zero what a fighting game is?
i'm pretty sure he knows more than anyone else on this forum

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

The Riddler

QuoteThere is a reason why she's been a costume for peach since Melee and that's because there isn't much difference between the two characters, at all.
She's a completely different character, but like Waluigi she's just filler. She's a princess of another land and has a complete different personality than Peach. She's got less going for her, yeah, but she's still more significant than Waluigi in that she actually participated in a main series game.
Quote-Hardly any Mario characters left that have any significance
Bowser Jr., Toad, Baby Mario, any Koopaling. Taking it a stretch further, E.Gadd with his inventions, Fawful. Mallow. Geno.
Quote-He's the last of the italian set and his brother is already in
Who gives a poop about this?
Quote-He was an AT in Brawl
So was [spoiler]Starfy. And Jill Dozer. And Lakitu. And the army men from Advance Wars.[/spoiler] Your point? Not to mention who you argue against later: Goroh.
Quote-He's been in plenty of Nintendo games, and his moveset could be Mario Party/Sports game related, which would stand out(despite Peach's Fsmash, which is partially Sports game related).
There has yet to be a filler character put into any Smash game. Waluigi is exactly that, a filler character. He was literally made so that Wario would have a partner in sports games. He's hardly even a secondary character. He's just there.

QuoteNot to mention that its not like there are any set rules for character inclusion besides RELEVANCE and maybe popularity. Something which Waluigi has over say, Black Bull or Goroh.
Relevance is more important than you seem to understand. Why do you think Lucario replaced Mewtwo? Mewtwo became irrelevant. Lucario took his place. Ike over Roy? Relevance. Toon Link over Young Link? Relevance.  Samurai Goroh is Captain Falcon's direct rival, one of four of the original F-Zero racers, and an actual fighter. Black Bull is Captain Falcon's direct enemy in both the games and the animated series. Their relevancy is immensely higher to their series than Waluigi is to anything.

As for your last point:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser
Yoshi - No question a Mario character but credited for his own series.
Wario, Donkey Kong - Originally Mario villains turned rivals with their own spinoffs.

Why the hell do we need more Mario characters at all? Sure the last three are considered their own series but at their core they're Mario characters, and as such Mario has 7 reps already.

Doodle

Where the intercourse  would Waluigi even go?
We already have four Mario reps, and he sure doesn't belong in Yoshi or WarioWare.
YEAH

The Riddler

Quote from: Doodle on October 25, 2011, 07:14:47 PM
Where the intercourse  would Waluigi even go?
We already have four Mario reps, and he sure doesn't belong in Yoshi or WarioWare.
He'd get his own icon. A tennis-racket with an upside down L.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on October 25, 2011, 12:59:42 PM
That argument isn't strong enough. Try again.

Something you faggots have yet to do is come up with a Mario character that is more relevant than the gay filler character that is Waluigi.
Despite the fact that I'm only comparing Waluigi to other Mario characters, because that's what you were actually TALKING ABOUT? You weren't talking about smash characters, you were saying he has no worse chance than other Mario characters. Try again.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Bearissoslow

riddler i think i'm going to ignore you now

we'll talk on EM

by the way I'm seventh how cool is that

bye forever

The Riddler

Quote from: Bearissoslow on October 25, 2011, 07:46:14 PM
riddler i think i'm going to ignore you now

we'll talk on EM

by the way I'm seventh how cool is that

bye forever
you know you get old after a while

BOREDFOREVER

Fucking Birdo, right?  S/he's ready to rock and roll as a fully playable character.

Shooting eggs and poop.  Maybe some tail trips.  Whatever works.

Neerb

Waluigi this, Waluigi that, doesn't anyone care about Bowser Jr?

He has a good moveset potential, he's showed up in several main games recently, he's really the best option for a new Mario character if they had to have one.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on October 25, 2011, 09:24:40 PM
Waluigi this, Waluigi that, doesn't anyone care about Bowser Jr?

He has a good moveset potential, he's showed up in several main games recently, he's really the best option for a new Mario character if they had to have one.
...See at this point your opinion really doesn't matter. You may think he's the best, but there's a whole bunch of people that don't. If you say his moveset potential is good, give us some examples.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

i stopped reading your post when you mentioned the army men of advance wars but then something caught my eye towards the end of it

Black Bull more relevant than Waluigi? Alright man, you had hardly any credibility to begin with but this really makes no sense. F-Zero has never had a story in the games outside of GX and that GBA game based on the anime, and most people just DON'T recognize F-Zero characters other than Falcon.

You really think Waluigi is less known than Black Bull? If so, lol.

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on October 24, 2011, 08:45:33 PM
Itt Riddler ninnyes endlessly about Bear's trolling, which he took seriously.

Quote from: Kayo on October 25, 2011, 12:09:59 PM
How many games was Waluigi the protagonist in?

Quote from: Kayo on October 24, 2011, 06:30:14 PM
They always scale characters at least a bit, to make everything more fair. Bowser's size fluctuates a bit between Smash and Mario games, and it's no big deal.

Kayo, double posting just for you <3

These are your posts since the Waluigi debate took off, and you have not compared him to other Mario characters once.