<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on October 25, 2011, 10:42:22 PM
Kayo, double posting just for you <3

These are your posts since the Waluigi debate took off, and you have not compared him to other Mario characters once.

Please note that only one of those three quotes mentions Waluigi at all, and as such the other two aren't even on that subject. However, check your own post:

Quote from: Zero on October 25, 2011, 09:44:24 AM
That really isn't a fact.

How are his chances any worse than other Mario characters?
You're comparing him against other Mario characters here, you see?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on October 25, 2011, 07:42:42 PM
Despite the fact that I'm only comparing Waluigi to other Mario characters, because that's what you were actually TALKING ABOUT? You weren't talking about smash characters, you were saying he has no worse chance than other Mario characters. Try again.

Read your own darn post. You never once compared Waluigi to other Mario characters and I never mentioned anything about other Smash character's chances compared to Waluigi's. Nice straw man argument bro.

Bearissoslow

I didn't troll when saying Golden Sun is a intercourse ing overrated game. Me not liking your poopty games doesn't mean I'm a troll, it just means grow up.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on October 25, 2011, 10:55:04 PM
Read your own darn post. You never once compared Waluigi to other Mario characters and I never mentioned anything about other Smash character's chances compared to Waluigi's. Nice straw man argument bro.

Read my darn post. Smash =/= Mario. You mentioned Waluigi's chances over any other Mario character, and that's exactly what I said. I never ONCE said you said anything about comparing Waluigi to other Smash characters.

Are you intercourse ing high right now? I'd like to get in on that.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on October 25, 2011, 07:42:42 PM
You weren't talking about smash characters, you were saying he has no worse chance than other Mario characters. Try again.

You were saying that I "wasn't talking about Smash characters" Kayo and that has nothing to do with anything I've said. I never once even mentioned other smash(or otherwise) characters in regard to their chances of "being in" outside of Goroh, Black Bull, and Rosalina. And even then I was talking about their RELEVANCE.

you completely missed the point

frankly i'm convinced both you and Riddler huff paint together

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on October 25, 2011, 10:21:27 PM
i stopped reading your post when you mentioned the army men of advance wars but then something caught my eye towards the end of it
Clearly didn't get that I was saying "who gives a poop if it was an AT, anything can be an AT, if anything that means they have LESS of a chance of being playable." But it concerns me that you think Lakitu, Jill Dozer, and Starfy would make decent characters.
Quote from: Zero on October 25, 2011, 10:21:27 PM
Black Bull more relevant than Waluigi? Alright man, you had hardly any credibility to begin with but this really makes no sense. F-Zero has never had a story in the games outside of GX and that GBA game based on the anime, and most people just DON'T recognize F-Zero characters other than Falcon.

You really think Waluigi is less known than Black Bull? If so, lol.
I didn't say less known. Less Relevant. Waluigi is a filler character 100%. F-Zero games, believe it or not, have backstorys. Some of them even have their stories mentioned in game. That simple fact alone makes them more relevant to their series. They are characters in a main series game with a story, with a connection to the plot, with relevance. He's important to the plot of F-Zero. Waluigi is not important to the plot of anything.

I also love how you ignore every valid point that completely beats the poop out of any point you've made.

JrDude

You guys are funny, I'm surprised I read all of that.
Waluigi still won't make it in as playable. Fact.
And that is my argument.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on October 25, 2011, 09:54:31 PM
...See at this point your opinion really doesn't matter. You may think he's the best, but there's a whole bunch of people that don't. If you say his moveset potential is good, give us some examples.

Well, he could use pretty much any move Bowser uses, plus he has some more unique moves from the games he's actually been in. He could fight with his paint brush, throw down oil or mud or lava or electric goop, use shadow mario to some degree, and his final smash could be an airship or mecha bowser or summoning his siblings or something.

Plus, I'm not so sure it is just my opinion that he has the best chance of being in. I mean, he's appeared in almost every Mario game since his debut, and unlike Waluigi, that includes REAL games, not just spin-offs.

DededeCloneChris

This is yet another repeat of people killing each other when it comes down to new SSB stuff that could make it. Saw this at Serebiiforums.

Custom

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on October 26, 2011, 08:51:34 AM
This is yet another repeat of people killing each other when it comes down to new SSB stuff that could make it. Saw this at Serebiiforums.

exaggeration much lol

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Zeromus on October 26, 2011, 07:15:18 AM
Clearly didn't get that I was saying "who gives a poop if it was an AT, anything can be an AT, if anything that means they have LESS of a chance of being playable." But it concerns me that you think Lakitu, Jill Dozer, and Starfy would make decent characters.I didn't say less known. Less Relevant. Waluigi is a filler character 100%. F-Zero games, believe it or not, have backstorys. Some of them even have their stories mentioned in game. That simple fact alone makes them more relevant to their series. They are characters in a main series game with a story, with a connection to the plot, with relevance. He's important to the plot of F-Zero. Waluigi is not important to the plot of anything.

I also love how you ignore every valid point that completely beats the poop out of any point you've made.

You provided poopty counter-arguments. Why would I dissect your posts when anyone that isn't foaming at the mouth retarded can tell why you're completely wrong and opinionated?

You're also putting words into my mouth now in a desperate attempt to strengthen your argument and that's downright pathetic.

You really believe that because a character has relevance within his/her own series that it matters more than relevance in general? lol what. No one cares about F-Zero's plot, Riddler. There is a reason why no one bought F-Zero GX.

And no, he's not "100% filler". It's so laughable that you think this, because hey its not like a random KOOPA would be more filler than him, right?

Waluigi has far more appearances than Goroh does and ever will and u so mad about it that you're forgetting to change your diaper.

Quote from: JrDude 益 on October 26, 2011, 08:37:10 AM
You guys are funny, I'm surprised I read all of that.
Waluigi still won't make it in as playable. Fact.
And that is my argument.

Oh hey someone that still doesn't know what a fact is.

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on October 26, 2011, 11:07:30 AM
You provided poopty counter-arguments. Why would I dissect your posts when anyone that isn't foaming at the mouth retarded can tell why you're completely wrong and opinionated?

You're also putting words into my mouth now in a desperate attempt to strengthen your argument and that's downright pathetic.

You really believe that because a character has relevance within his/her own series that it matters more than relevance in general? lol what. No one cares about F-Zero's plot, Riddler. There is a reason why no one bought F-Zero GX.

And no, he's not "100% filler". It's so laughable that you think this, because hey its not like a random KOOPA would be more filler than him, right?

Waluigi has far more appearances than Goroh does and ever will and u so mad about it that you're forgetting to change your diaper.

Oh hey someone that still doesn't know what a fact is.
It's like all you know how to do is insult and repeat yourself.
Appearances =/= Relevancy. Oh hey Goomba has been in more games than Waluigi he must be more relevant.

Goroh is a direct story related character as well as one of the original racers. He's also a swordsman and rival to Captain Falcon, both in games and animations.

Waluigi is a character literally made so that Wario would have a partner and has never once been featured in a main game.

Not sure why you don't get that.

Zero

Quote from: Zeromus on October 26, 2011, 11:12:54 AM
It's like all you know how to do is insult and repeat yourself.
Appearances =/= Relevancy. Oh hey Goomba has been in more games than Waluigi he must be more relevant.

Goroh is a direct story related character as well as one of the original racers. He's also a swordsman and rival to Captain Falcon, both in games and animations.

Waluigi is a character literally made so that Wario would have a partner and has never once been featured in a main game.

Not sure why you don't get that.

Alright fair enough, I'll be civil. I apologize, man.

Nice comparison. Waluigi totally isn't the brother to Wario and Goombas totally aren't generic enemys.

I know you're an F-Zero fan, and that I've already said this, but:

Hardly anyone recognizes anyone from F-Zero but Falcon. Seriously. People at least know who Waluigi is. Practically everyone that has owned an N64, GCN, or Wii have played the Mario Party/Sports games and know who the character is.

Your entire argument is centered around the assumption that a character needs to be featured in a main series game and be at least pretty relevant to the series in general. I destroyed these arguments in my earlier posts yet you still manage to convince yourself that you know the criteria for character inclusion despite the fact that characters like Pichu, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Dr.Mario, and Mewtwo have made it into the games. Dr.Mario is a spin off character bro. Mewtwo, Jiggs, and Pichu got in because of the anime. What makes you think that the games Waluigi are featured in aren't valid? If an anime influenced the roster than why wouldn't an actual video game series do the same since you know, this is a video game cross-over?

All I've tried to say(and have said, in earlier posts)from the start is that his chances really aren't any worse than other Mario characters and that he's more relevant to Nintendo than a character like Goroh. And he is. You're just so opinionated that you can't see it.

I don't like the character either but at least I'm not fooling myself into thinking that he has no chances of being a playable character. Aside from that, you could do far worse than Waluigi.

Nayrman

Quote from: Zero on October 26, 2011, 12:22:53 PM

Hardly anyone recognizes anyone from F-Zero but Falcon. Seriously. People at least know who Waluigi is. Practically everyone that has owned an N64, GCN, or Wii have played the Mario Party/Sports games and know who the character is.

Except apparently Goroh was good enough to be on the same level as Waluigi as an AT. And you're missing the point that the Party/Sports games are basically spin-offs, and don't really have anything to do with Mario. Let's be honest here, it's just Nintendo slapping Mario's face on a game to make it sell. Waluigi's only existence is to be a partner for Wario

Your entire argument is centered around the assumption that a character needs to be featured in a main series game and be at least pretty relevant to the series in general. I destroyed these arguments in my earlier posts yet you still manage to convince yourself that you know the criteria for character inclusion despite the fact that characters like Pichu, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Dr.Mario, and Mewtwo have made it into the games. Dr.Mario is a spin off character bro. Mewtwo, Jiggs, and Pichu got in because of the anime. What makes you think that the games Waluigi are featured in aren't valid? If an anime influenced the roster than why wouldn't an actual video game series do the same since you know, this is a video game cross-over?

The characters generally have to be relevant, at least as far as being in the game though. Dr. Mario and Pichu are only in Melee to be clones because, well, they got kind of lazy. Mewtwo DOES have plot importance, as he's alluded to in the pokemon mansion and is the post-game reward, and the most powerful pokemon in generation 1. Mewtwo does make sense. Pokemon is hard to really use as an example, as technically just about any pokemon can get in as they have viable movesets. So going on popularity is really the only way to go.

All I've tried to say(and have said, in earlier posts)from the start is that his chances really aren't any worse than other Mario characters and that he's more relevant to Nintendo than a character like Goroh. And he is. You're just so opinionated that you can't see it.

I have a question, why do we even need more Mario characters? We have all the characters that actually mean anything. The rest are kind of, well, pointless. And at least F-Zero even has a story where characters have a backstory and goal they want. More than Mario can say. Save the princess. Rinse, repeat, blech.

I don't like the character either but at least I'm not fooling myself into thinking that he has no chances of being a playable character. Aside from that, you could do far worse than Waluigi.

You could do far worse, but Waluigi has no business being in Smash. I'd rather see more series that don't have a playable rep than yet more Mario stuff.

See bold, and I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring. :P

Kayo

Dear anyone who thinks Waluigi could be in Smash: I dare you to come up with a moveset for him. There isn't much that's not generic.
[move][/move]