News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

Waluigi has no background whatsoever and the only moves you could base from actual games is just him flailing around with rackets and clubs.
They'd have to pull a Captain Falcon, and I doubt they'd go through the trouble with a character like Waluigi.

Why the hell this is being debated right now is beyond me. Waluigi by no means represents the Mario series enough to be an actual fighter :U
YEAH

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Doodle on October 26, 2011, 06:27:00 PM
Waluigi has no background whatsoever and the only moves you could base from actual games is just him flailing around with rackets and clubs.
They'd have to pull a Captain Falcon, and I doubt they'd go through the trouble with a character like Waluigi.

Why the hell this is being debated right now is beyond me. Waluigi by no means represents the Mario series enough to be an actual fighter :U
He either represents Wario...or himself.

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on October 26, 2011, 06:27:00 PM

Exactly on all this. Characters have been in thus far because of representation, none of which Waluigi does, since he's a filler in every game he appears in. No powers or anything, he's just there in case you need another player in Mario Party, etc. and he's never sad any significance.

Though by now he's pretty much famous for being a filler. If anything, that's what he'd be in for. His abilities? To fill things.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Jesus I haven't been able to post all day. I had a whole thing typed earlier and the intercourse ing server crashed. HERE'S TO TRYING AGAIN!

Quote from: Zero on October 26, 2011, 12:22:53 PM
Nice comparison. Waluigi totally isn't the brother to Wario and Goombas totally aren't generic enemys.
So, what about Koopas, Paratroopas, Hammer Bros., Boos, etc - Generic by one standard, main playable characters in most of the sports/party/kart games. Your point was that Waluigi was in more games than Goroh, and I disproved your point. Take it. Also, Waluigi is not Wario's brother. He's just a friend, unless you've got some source for that.

Hardly anyone recognizes anyone from F-Zero but Falcon. Seriously. People at least know who Waluigi is. Practically everyone that has owned an N64, GCN, or Wii have played the Mario Party/Sports games and know who the character is.
Earthbound/Mother characters, Fire Emblem characters, Game and Watch, R.O.B., Pit, Ice Climbers - All hugely less known than F-Zero by any standard. If you asked anyone before Brawl came out who any of those characters were, I guarantee you very few would be able to name their series. For the latter four, they're all ancient and most of today's players wouldn't have remembered them. Fire Emblem characters were put in just to advertise the intercourse ing games.

Oh, and I'll put this in bold/italics just so it's clear and I didn't think I'd have to say it. Waluigi may be known by more people, but he's widely regarded as one of Mario's worst characters. Hey let's put Tingle in too.
Your entire argument is centered around the assumption that a character needs to be featured in a main series game and be at least pretty relevant to the series in general. I destroyed these arguments in my earlier posts yet you still manage to convince yourself that you know the criteria for character inclusion despite the fact that characters like Pichu, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Dr.Mario, and Mewtwo have made it into the games. Dr.Mario is a spin off character bro. Mewtwo, Jiggs, and Pichu got in because of the anime. What makes you think that the games Waluigi are featured in aren't valid? If an anime influenced the roster than why wouldn't an actual video game series do the same since you know, this is a video game cross-over?
The Pokemon argument is absolutely moot because they're the only series represented by the anime. No other character in the game is heavily influenced by any thing other than a video game. But just so it's clear, again: Even outside of the anime, they were in main series games. Dr. Mario is a weird case and I'll call him an exception to the rule: They needed to fill an extra slot and all they had to do was tweak Mario a bit. I call him a product of laziness/time constraint. Take note that he was removed for Brawl. Every single character on the roster has been in a main series game.

All I've tried to say(and have said, in earlier posts)from the start is that his chances really aren't any worse than other Mario characters and that he's more relevant to Nintendo than a character like Goroh. And he is. You're just so opinionated that you can't see it.
He's NOT more relevant though, because sports/party games themselves are irrelevant and that's all he's ever been in. Goroh is directly story related whether you would like to admit it or not. He's a swordsman and rival to Captain Falcon. He was in main series games as a main character, and one of the original four racers. He's done countless more for Nintendo than Waluigi ever has.

I don't like the character either but at least I'm not fooling myself into thinking that he has no chances of being a playable character. Aside from that, you could do far worse than Waluigi.
His chances are far worse than any other character, for the simple fact that, oh boy here I say it again: He wasn't in a main series game. You can literally say everything for Daisy that you've said for Waluigi, with the added benefit that she was actually in a main series game. She's been everywhere Waluigi has been, and thus could use all the same tools you're suggesting he uses. And you COULD do worse than Waluigi, but you can also do much much better. I've given you a list of usable characters that would take priority over him. Bowser Jr., any Koopaling, Daisy, Birdo, E.Gadd, Toad, Baby Mario, Fawful, Mallow, Geno.

Neerb

I don't think Waluigi will be in Smash, nor do I think he should, but you guys have been looking at this all the wrong way in terms of what he COULD do if he was in Smash. Instead of thinking about what Waluigi has exclusive access to, you guys should think of what he can do but no one else has already done.

Think about it: eight different sports, a dancing game, a kart racer, and tons of different things from the party games; Mario spin-offs are practically their own franchise at this point, and most of it has yet to be represented in Smash (I say most because Peach does have those two side smashes and Kart got a stage). Waluigi could have a widely-diverse movepool representing a huge chunk of Nintendo, from a "dance" that stomps people into the ground (his AT) to a jump-serve with a tennis racquet that acts as a recovery to driving his kart across the stage to a Final Smash where he hits the party die and causes a random effect to happen.

Again, I don't think Waluigi really has a chance of getting in, and I don't really want him to, but if he DID get in, he could definitely serve a purpose and be a unique, interesting fighter.

Custom

the sad thing is that you losers are spending this much time on this
who gives a poop it's an ugly ass tall guy in purple
shut up and talk about something that actually matters

skull kid for playable character? hell yeah

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

The Riddler

Quote from: Custom on October 26, 2011, 08:49:01 PM
the sad thing is that you losers are spending this much time on this
who gives a poop it's an ugly ass tall guy in purple
shut up and talk about something that actually matters

skull kid for playable character? hell yeah
lolno

Zero

Quote from: Zeromus on October 26, 2011, 08:14:58 PM
Jesus I haven't been able to post all day. I had a whole thing typed earlier and the intercourse ing server crashed. HERE'S TO TRYING AGAIN!

So, what about Koopas, Paratroopas, Hammer Bros., Boos, etc - Generic by one standard, main playable characters in most of the sports/party/kart games. Your point was that Waluigi was in more games than Goroh, and I disproved your point. Take it. Also, Waluigi is not Wario's brother. He's just a friend, unless you've got some source for that.

You didn't disprove poop. Waluigi HAS been in more games than Goroh. Reread what you just said. Oh come now, their relationship is open to interpretation. Even the Brawl trophy says their "relationship is shrouded in mystery". You think he's his friend, I think its his brother.

Earthbound/Mother characters, Fire Emblem characters, Game and Watch, R.O.B., Pit, Ice Climbers - All hugely less known than F-Zero by any standard. If you asked anyone before Brawl came out who any of those characters were, I guarantee you very few would be able to name their series. For the latter four, they're all ancient and most of today's players wouldn't have remembered them. Fire Emblem characters were put in just to advertise the intercourse ing games.

I agree with you here, but you're still missing the point. Regardless of how those characters weren't very well known, they each held their own place in Nintendo history and old school Nintendo fans knew who they were. You're making another assumption about those Fire Emblem characters, but whatever I'm used to the assumptions you make by now.

Oh, and I'll put this in bold/italics just so it's clear and I didn't think I'd have to say it. Waluigi may be known by more people, but he's widely regarded as one of Mario's worst characters. Hey let's put Tingle in too.The Pokemon argument is absolutely moot because they're the only series represented by the anime. No other character in the game is heavily influenced by any thing other than a video game. But just so it's clear, again: Even outside of the anime, they were in main series games. Dr. Mario is a weird case and I'll call him an exception to the rule: They needed to fill an extra slot and all they had to do was tweak Mario a bit. I call him a product of laziness/time constraint. Take note that he was removed for Brawl. Every single character on the roster has been in a main series game.

That's a rather convenient explanation for Dr.Mario, that you can't prove, by the way. You're right about that last part, but that doesn't mean that they won't look elsewhere for characters.

He's NOT more relevant though, because sports/party games themselves are irrelevant and that's all he's ever been in. Goroh is directly story related whether you would like to admit it or not. He's a swordsman and rival to Captain Falcon. He was in main series games as a main character, and one of the original four racers. He's done countless more for Nintendo than Waluigi ever has.

Sorry bro, I get that you have a hard on for Goroh but this just isn't true. Waluigi's had far more appearances than him. Nuff said. F-Zero is a dead franchise.
His chances are far worse than any other character, for the simple fact that, oh boy here I say it again: He wasn't in a main series game. You can literally say everything for Daisy that you've said for Waluigi, with the added benefit that she was actually in a main series game. She's been everywhere Waluigi has been, and thus could use all the same tools you're suggesting he uses. And you COULD do worse than Waluigi, but you can also do much much better. I've given you a list of usable characters that would take priority over him. Bowser Jr., any Koopaling, Daisy, Birdo, E.Gadd, Toad, Baby Mario, Fawful, Mallow, Geno.

Well I'd certainly rather have Bowser Jr., Geno, or Mallow, that's for sure

Who told you that sports/party games were irrelevant? What makes you believe this? I'm not going to reiterate myself again. Stop making assumptions.

All of you saying he has zero chances are incredibly opinionated.

LIP 4 SSB4

Custom

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on October 26, 2011, 04:51:02 PM
Dear anyone who thinks Waluigi could be in Smash: I dare you to come up with a moveset for him. There isn't much that's not generic.

Kayo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-beOyJddrU&feature=related

not to mention he can make tornadoes, control piranha plant vines, can super stomp or some poop, swim through the air, and likes to fight with Bomb-ombs. There's more. There's PLENTY of poop you can do with him. So bascially, no you don't have to "pull a CF" and make a move set from scratch.

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on October 26, 2011, 09:01:56 PM
Who told you that sports/party games were irrelevant? What makes you believe this? I'm not going to reiterate myself again. Stop making assumptions.

All of you saying he has zero chances are incredibly opinionated.

LIP 4 SSB4
I disproved your point in that Koopas, Paratroopas, Hammer Bros., Boos, etc have been in more games than Waluigi and HAVE starred in Party games, and would still be irrelevant to Smash.

And you're contradicting yourself with "and old school Nintendo fans knew who they were". That also applies to Goroh. Old school SNES fans, then N64 fans, and fans of the franchise period know of his importance.

The Fire Emblem note was actually fact. They put Roy and Marth in to advertise Fire Emblem to American Audiences.

As for the Dr. Mario thing, once again take note he was removed from Brawl. How else would you explain him?

>More appearances = importance
Awesome logic. So, Tingle is more important than Skull Kid?

If F-Zero were dead enough, Captain Falcon wouldn't be playable and Goroh wouldn't have been an AT. They're both insanely important to the history of Nintendo. Waluigi is a character who has been in nothing but side games, has no backstory, and is widely regarded as one of Mario's worst characters.

Custom

you're right
tingle is more important
put tingle in he could be like wario plus he'd be another floaty character thanks to his balloon
he could also do ground stuff
that is awesome logic

Custom

also waluigi is waaaaAAAAYYYY more likely to make it in than geno and you can get out if you think otherwise

same with baby mario
waluigi is way more likely lol get over yourself

The Riddler

Quote from: Custom on October 26, 2011, 09:13:39 PM
you're right
tingle is more important
put tingle in he could be like wario plus he'd be another floaty character thanks to his balloon
he could also do ground stuff
that is awesome logic
Skull Kid, recurring character, main villain of Majora's Mask.
Tingle, recurring man dressed as a fairy that steals rupees.

The Riddler

Quote from: Custom on October 26, 2011, 09:14:33 PM
also waluigi is waaaaAAAAYYYY more likely to make it in than geno and you can get out if you think otherwise

same with baby mario
waluigi is way more likely lol get over yourself
Geno is unlikely due to his being owned by Square, but thanks to Sonic and Snake, anything is possible there. There is no denying he's a better choice than Waluigi.

Baby Mario not only has been almost everywhere Waluigi has, but was a main character in M&L. Baby Mario/Baby Luigi tag-team would even work.