News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on October 28, 2011, 01:04:26 PM
Waluigi is more Mario than Birdo ever will be.
Birdo: Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario RPG
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

Waluigi:
None

QuoteHe'd be less of a intercourse ing filler than ROB was, that's for sure.
R.O.B was a major marker for the NES era so you can rightly intercourse  yourself now.

Zero

Quote from: Zeromus on October 28, 2011, 07:46:09 PM
Birdo: Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario RPG
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

Waluigi:
None
R.O.B was a major marker for the NES era so you can rightly intercourse  yourself now.

Birdo was never meant to be a Mario character. It just happened. She's never been important and nowadays is just a partner for Yoshi, basically the same status that Waluigi is now I guess. Except for you know, Waluigi is a captain in Mario Strikers Charged when Birdo is a "sidekick".

ROB was a peripheral, not a character. He sucked and no one used him after the first week of using their NES.

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on October 28, 2011, 03:50:22 PM
They are cash-ins. The main games try to have some level of merit on their own. What are the spin-offs? Board game, Tennis game, Golf game, blah blah blah there are dozens of these games out there. How do they get them to sell? Slap Mario's face on it of course! They are far more cash-ins than the main games. And I understand all of this is for profit, but that doesn't mean you can't be unique and come up with original ideas. That's the problem with supposedly "creative" mediums these days. It's more profit than creativity. And no one said anything about Birdo or Shy Guys. We were talking about Waluigi. Sheesh. Finally, it would make sense for Luigi to have his own evil clone if Waluigi actually DID something.

Aight I'll concede to that.
Uh, yes, virtual accomplishments is part of it otherwise just about anyone would be in and it'd probably be Mario vs. Pokemon and a little bit of Kirby in there because after all, IT'S ALL ABOUT PROFIT.

You think Nintendo is going about it the same way you are though? If they were, then intercourse ing Roy, Dr.Mario, Young Link, and Pichu wouldn't have been in Melee.

It's Retro huh? Well, F-Zero is plenty RETRO. It's 20 years old, launched with the SNES, was the big graphical advancement for Nintendo at the time with Mode 7 for the SNES, and so forth. So that's kind of a moot point. Also, a lot of franchises haven't sold poop, like post Star Fox 64 Star Fox, yet that gets to have 3 reps. At least Goroh wouldn't be a clone of a clone. Again, if it's about being either selling very well (which, again, Nintendo has a very annoyingly skewed view of what sells) or retro, then we have Mario vs. Pokemon plus Link, Kirby, and Samus. Congrats!

That's why we had Captain Falcon bro. He's the main character.

Zero

Quote from: Doodle on October 28, 2011, 05:38:15 PM
You actually believe the spin-off games are on par with main series Mario games?
Obviously Nintendo is in a business and both types of games are made for profit, but that doesn't mean that they're both of the same quality at all. You're basically saying that the same amount of time and effort went into SMG as any Mario Party, Golf, Tennis, whatever. :U

You're missing the point completely and putting words into my mouth.

I'm saying that what you feel is important might not be what Nintendo feels is important. It might be, but it might not be. They aren't the consumers.

Making assumptions is about rougly 90% of what you kids are doing and that isn't how you win an argument. j/s

Ravioli

i think dry bones shoul;d be in ssb4 since he wsa in maro kart he is a deservng rep 4 the franchice

Kayo

Quote from: Ravioli on October 29, 2011, 06:38:01 PM
i think dry bones shoul;d be in ssb4 since he wsa in maro kart he is a deservng rep 4 the franchice
dont 4get baby daisy too
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayghost on October 29, 2011, 08:27:59 PM
Name his moveset.
All the crazy weaponry he used to sell in DK64.

...Unless Rare says they own that side of his character.

Kayo

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on October 29, 2011, 08:30:14 PM
All the crazy weaponry he used to sell in DK64.

...Unless Rare says they own that side of his character.
Funky Kong was put in Mario Kart Wii so Nintendo must have SOME rights to him.

But he really can't do much except be a "cooler" DK.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Funky Kong is an arms expert, a pilot, and overall badass.

but funky4smash wasn't a serious suggestion so youre both stupid

Doodle

YEAH

Bearissoslow

DededeCloneChris