Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearissoslow

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on October 30, 2011, 02:26:58 PM
Thank for contributing again.

my contribution is to attempt to negate whatever suggestions you all make

you think you have good ideas but your vocabulary must equivocate good and terrible.

Qsmash

Quote from: Bearissoslow on October 31, 2011, 07:20:17 AM

you think you have good ideas but your vocabulary must equivocate good and terrible.
but you don't contribute to the discussion, which is what forums are for.

Bearissoslow

Quote from: Bearissoslow on October 31, 2011, 07:20:17 AM

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Doodle

you can't really speculate on the stages
they're either obvious or could be anything
YEAH

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on November 01, 2011, 12:21:38 PM
you can't really speculate on the stages
they're either obvious or could be anything
We can at least think about what seemingly obvious new ones could be in there.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

RAINBOW ROAD.
BOWSER'S CASTLE.

PLEASE DO IT SAKURAI.

Also, we're probably losing Hyrule Temple this gen, so what's a good Zelda stage that could replace that?

The Riddler

Quote from: The Penguin on November 01, 2011, 04:08:54 PM
RAINBOW ROAD.
BOWSER'S CASTLE.

PLEASE DO IT SAKURAI.

Also, we're probably losing Hyrule Temple this gen, so what's a good Zelda stage that could replace that?
Completely unrelated to your post:
FUCK YES PENGUIN

time to go back to riddler

Neerb

Kayo

Quote from: The Penguin on November 01, 2011, 04:08:54 PM
RAINBOW ROAD.
BOWSER'S CASTLE.

PLEASE DO IT SAKURAI.

Bowser's Castle from Super Mario Bros. (Original) or like a newer one with Thwomps and stuff?
[move][/move]

Neerb

Doesn't matter to me; I just want the theme. Bowser's castle has been a staple since Super Mario Bros., yet it gets passed by for Rainbow Cruise and Mushroomy Kingdom? Lame.

Doodle

Bowser's Castle would be a fun stage. Lava, those enemies that jump out of it, Thwomps, those spike things from SMW. They could use a whole bunch
YEAH

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on November 02, 2011, 09:18:28 AM
Bowser's Castle would be a fun stage. Lava, those enemies that jump out of it, Thwomps, those spike things from SMW. They could use a whole bunch
Yeah I can see lava with the fireballs (Podoboo?) and Thwomps, also why not those blocks with the spinning arm of little fireballs? I also remember mini Bowser statues that shoot fireballs (from SMW and probably other games) and falling spikes. Any (or even all) of those could be used to make a really interesting stage.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Hm, I haven't seen bear get that angry lately; perhaps I should bring back this thread.

What are some more subtle changes you want in the game?

I'd like Kid Icarus's aesthetics to reflect Uprising; for example, his Dark Pit costume should be colored correctly and Palutena, if she is still his Final Smash, should be more animated in appearance than a still image now that she's a true character and not just the damsel you save at the end.

I'm also wondering how they'll deal with Star Fox and Metroid; should they keep the current Smash models based on Command and Prime, or should they be changed to the sleeker designs from 64 3D and Other M? I'd love Samus to get her sleeker suit, as well as be a more agile character (as the rumor sheet hinted at), and I also think her individual costumes should be more detailed, such as having the fully-detailed Fusion suit as a costume instead of a simple palette swap. Heck, on that note, why not have her Prime suit and Other M suit as two different costumes that are slightly different in color?

And speaking of Uprising, 64 3D, and Other M, I'd like their voice actors to return; granted, I don't really LIKE 64 3D's actors any more than Brawl's, but we need some consistency for the voice-acted characters, and so their newest actors should stick around for Smash Bros. and future individual-series titles.

Macawmoses

64 3D's voice actors aren't *new*. They're the original VAs. And Star Fox characters don't have an aesthetic in line with any other Star Fox game - they should keep a similar look to what was uniquely made for them.