News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

Other M's suit design was bland and unimaginative.

Quote from: Macawmoses on January 18, 2012, 12:59:19 AM
64 3D's voice actors aren't *new*. They're the original VAs.
This. It's too bad a lot of it sounds so half-assed, though.
YEAH

DededeCloneChris

If they re-use the Assault voices, I'll be happy. Those were the best voices they gave to the entire cast.

Neerb

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on January 18, 2012, 08:16:59 AM
If they re-use the Assault voices, I'll be happy. Those were the best voices they gave to the entire cast.

All I remember was that Krystal was mysteriously British (or perhaps I just didn't remember that being in Adventures as well) and that Slippy finally sounded male.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Delibird on January 18, 2012, 05:06:03 PM
All I remember was that Krystal was mysteriously British (or perhaps I just didn't remember that being in Adventures as well) and that Slippy finally sounded male.
And Falco sounded like he was never born in New York/Brooklyn, which was still a plus.

Neerb

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on January 18, 2012, 05:08:56 PM
And Falco sounded like he was never born in New York/Brooklyn, which was still a plus.

Brawl's voices actually grew on me; I haven't played a Star Fox in a while (except 3D's store demo), but I've grown fond of Brooklyn Falco and Southern Wolf... but I still want consistency. If only Brawl's actors would be the defaults for new Star Fox titles, although that would require Star Fox to have come out with a new game since 2005.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Delibird on January 18, 2012, 05:15:15 PM
Brawl's voices actually grew on me; I haven't played a Star Fox in a while (except 3D's store demo), but I've grown fond of Brooklyn Falco and Southern Wolf... but I still want consistency. If only Brawl's actors would be the defaults for new Star Fox titles, although that would require Star Fox to have come out with a new game since 2005.
What are you talking about? Fox and Wolf retained their Assault voices in Brawl, but Falco wasn't so lucky. Hell, Krystal still sounded the same in the conversations, as did everyone but Falco.

Neerb

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on January 18, 2012, 05:17:00 PM
What are you talking about? Fox and Wolf retained their Assault voices in Brawl, but Falco wasn't so lucky. Hell, Krystal still sounded the same in the conversations, as did everyone but Falco.

Good grief, it's been a long time since I played Assault. I don't remember Wolf sounding like that at all.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Delibird on January 18, 2012, 05:38:00 PM
Good grief, it's been a long time since I played Assault. I don't remember Wolf sounding like that at all.
Yup, you forgot his voice evolution.

Neerb

Too big for Smash? Too small for Ridley? I don't think it's game-breakingly big, nor is it uncharacteristically small; we'd just have a new biggest character, which other fighters have dealt with plenty of times.

Only possible problem may be if he can fit in certain parts of certain stages...

Zero

The arguments that Ridley couldn't be in a Smash Brothers game were poopty to begin with.

Not sure why you're randomly bringing this dead horse back to life.

The Riddler

Quote from: Delibird on January 27, 2012, 07:00:13 AM

Too big for Smash? Too small for Ridley? I don't think it's game-breakingly big, nor is it uncharacteristically small; we'd just have a new biggest character, which other fighters have dealt with plenty of times.

Only possible problem may be if he can fit in certain parts of certain stages...
he looks terrible at that size next to samus.

Neerb

Quote from: Michio Kaku on January 27, 2012, 10:55:49 AM
The arguments that Ridley couldn't be in a Smash Brothers game were poopty to begin with.

Not sure why you're randomly bringing this dead horse back to life.

Because opinions.

Quote from: The Riddler on January 27, 2012, 03:27:38 PM
he looks terrible at that size next to samus.

Kayo

I believe that it's been said over and over again that characters' sizes have been altered slightly to make them all closer together in size. Pikachu might be a bit bigger, Bowser might be a bit smaller, or whatever it was. But it's not THAT much of a size change, if anything.

But yeah, keeping size changes in mind, there really is no reason not to allow Ridley in Smash.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

X-3

Obviously they'll make his baby form from Other M playable and have his space dragon form be its Final Smash.

Sakurai will do it, he's crazy.

Zero