<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Not Sad Keanu on March 28, 2012, 07:57:38 AM
oh btw http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=16801

Here we go kids. The ride is officially beginning once again.
That's...not good news, though. It's nearly a month old. I want him to say it directly.

Neerb

Kid Icarus needs new characters for Smash. Magnus is the obvious choice, but I'd prefer Palutena or Medusa, as Smash is severely lacking in females and magic users. If Palutena were playable, Pit's replacement FS could be the Sacred Treasures.

Kayo

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on March 28, 2012, 09:35:24 AM
Kid Icarus needs new characters for Smash. Magnus is the obvious choice, but I'd prefer Palutena or Medusa, as Smash is severely lacking in females and magic users. If Palutena were playable, Pit's replacement FS could be the Sacred Treasures.
KIU is bound to bring us a new stage as well, but I'm not sure what exactly Palutena would do in Smash.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

I'm sure she could do something. Borrow poop from Greek gods or whatever.
Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on March 28, 2012, 08:25:10 AM
That's...not good news, though. It's nearly a month old. I want him to say it directly.

It hasn't gotten much attention, I know. But of course it hasn't. It isn't as if they have anything to show for it, so it isn't exactly breaking news when Nintendo mentioned a new Smash Bros last E3. People already know its coming. Initial development announces are never a big deal.

I think he's mentioned some stuff about there being a possibility of a new DOJO. I'll have to find the source.

Neerb

Well, it's been announced that Namco Bandai will somehow be helping Project SORA make these games... so that pretty much confirms a Namco character. Anyone wanna speculate?

Nayrman

Quote from: Trevelyan on June 22, 2012, 08:38:13 AM
Well, it's been announced that Namco Bandai will somehow be helping Project SORA make these games... so that pretty much confirms a Namco character. Anyone wanna speculate?

Pac-Man or Bomberman make the most amount of sense (I think Hudson is still owned by Namco, or I may be wrong.) make the most sense. I read the guy who did Tekken games is part of the main Namco team, but I'm really hoping no annoying Tekken characters get in. That'd be... really odd.

But yeah, I know this at least confirms some kind of character from them

DededeCloneChris

I thought Hudson disbanded and joined Nintendo as a new company?

Also, screw Pac-Man. Klonoa has more oomph for a Namco representative.

Or YURI LOWELL. The producer of his game is working on the game, too.

Zero

Nayrman

http://www.screwattack.com/news/sakurai-feels-super-smash-bros-roster-its-limit

An interesting possible article from Sakurai divulging a few details about Smash 4. Mostly about characters. TLDR version: Need to balance and make characters unique, simply adding more won't do that, so may not expand roster as much as people like."

To be honest, I think this means we'll be getting more character cuts rather than simply add on characters *glares at Lucas, Lucario, and Wolf*, so I can still see quite a few new characters, just at the cost of characters from Brawl.

Tupin

Sakurai also promised no clones, and we got three Landmasters.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tupin on July 03, 2012, 10:22:20 PM
Sakurai also promised no clones, and we got three Landmasters.

I know I know, just that considering any news is the first real news about the game, it just carries a bit more weight. And apparently Sakurai's view of clones is different from everyone else's. <_<;;

The Riddler

Namco Bandai is helping make the game

one of the producers of Tales of Vesperia is on the team

Yuri Lowell incoming.

Neerb

I wouldn't mind them making certain cuts, but ONLY if they're replaced by more worthy characters. Also, you CAN have more characters without them being as horrendously unbalanced as they were in Brawl; if we barely get any new characters just because Sakurai likes Metaknight the best, I will be severely disappointed, ESPECIALLY since Namco Bandai is helping this time and could help him out with the process.

Nayrman

I'm pretty sure Sakurai is aware at how utterly broken Metaknight is based on him constantly talking about balance whenever he DOES talk about the game.

And I'm plenty fine with cuts as long as they make sense and we get greater diversity and not more pokemon/mario spam.

And as far as Namco goes, yeah, I'm pretty sure Pac-Man has the best shot overall, what with being super well known and a cartoonish mascot in the same wake as Mario...

Qsmash

Pac-Man would be boring since he doesn't really do anything terribly unique.