News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: The Riddler on July 05, 2012, 05:55:59 PM
Smash Vet. not going anywhere. No one gives a intercourse  about your opinion. No one from Smash 64 is getting the axe.

Plus Blaziken would be intercourse ing boring.
Stop being an idiot. It's actually got a handful of fire and fighting moves it could use. It seems entirely possible.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Z on July 05, 2012, 06:18:20 PM
How do you know that Blaziken would be a boring character?

I doubt that Jigglypuff is getting the axe, though.
because blaziken is a boring intercourse ing pokemon

Quote from: Kayo on July 05, 2012, 07:00:11 PM
Stop being an idiot. It's actually got a handful of fire and fighting moves it could use. It seems entirely possible.
hi captain blaziken

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on July 05, 2012, 07:05:54 PM
because blaziken is a boring intercourse ing pokemon

That can be said about every single other Pokemon. Your point isn't a very good one.

The Riddler

Quote from: Z on July 05, 2012, 07:33:29 PM
That can be said about every single other Pokemon. Your point isn't a very good one.
not every

but many

Neerb

Quote from: Z on July 05, 2012, 06:37:00 PM
...which they've done before. Multiple times in fact.

Well, yeah, I suppose, but not permanently like Kayo is [I assume] suggesting. Even if Jiggs isn't important to Pokemon anymore, she's a key Smash Bros. character in the same vein as Captain Falcon (who hasn't had a new game in years).

zephilicious

that argument makes no sense. captain falcon is in because he's the main character of a major nintendo franchise. The franchise may not be relevant anymore, but he's still relevant to the franchise.

and intercourse  off with this blaziken bullpoop. he's not getting in. he'd have trouble getting into an all pokemon fighting game.
~~ <3

DededeCloneChris

Besides, randomly tossing a Blaziken seems way too desperate. I think it deserves an Assist Trophy spot, if the next game will still employ that.

JrDude

SHOULD Jigglypuff go? Debatable. Will Jigglypuff go? No.
She is from 64, which is reason enough. Also, I can't see a smash game not having Jigglypuff. It just won't be smash without it.

Blaziken? Seriously?
Won't happen. As a starter, it's been popular, but it's never been a focus. Blaziken's never had his own movie, never been very recurring, and is a starter evo. If Blaziken ever made it, it would be part of a Pokémon Trainer gimmick. And I'm still positive that will not even happen. If anything is replacing Pokémon Trainer, it would be Gen II Starters (kinda going in a cycle, going to Gen II since last time was Gen I), or Gen V Starters (because they are the latest of the starters, and also play an important role in a recently made video game, Poképark 2)
Pikachu is the intercourse ing mascot.
Jigglypuff was a recurring Pokémon in the anime that had a nice funny personality.
Pichu was recurring in Pikachu shorts (pretty sure of this but not positive), and was Gen II (SSBM didn't have any Gen II Pokémon, which was the latest at the time, and Pichu was a very good choice to fill that gap). Not to mention it got some popularity.
Mewtwo was loved by many and had a whole movie based on it.
Lucario is the same story.
Pokémon Trainer is the original 3 Pokémon put into a gimmick, and all 3 were loved basically by default. Why? Well similar to the Jigglypuff story. They are part of the the first Dex. The first Starters.

Blaziken is a starter that looks cool and can kick... I don't see anything going for him in terms of importance in any way whatsoever. So besides "he could be good," give me something to work off of or shut the hell up.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on July 05, 2012, 08:04:02 PM
and intercourse  off with this blaziken bullpoop. he's not getting in. he'd have trouble getting into an all pokemon fighting game.
Quote from: DededeCloneChris on July 05, 2012, 08:35:32 PM
Besides, randomly tossing a Blaziken seems way too desperate. I think it deserves an Assist Trophy spot, if the next game will still employ that.
Quote from: JrDude 益 on July 06, 2012, 12:29:03 AM
Blaziken? Seriously?
Won't happen. As a starter, it's been popular, but it's never been a focus. Blaziken's never had his own movie, never been very recurring, and is a starter evo. If Blaziken ever made it, it would be part of a Pokémon Trainer gimmick. And I'm still positive that will not even happen.

Blaziken is a starter that looks cool and can kick... I don't see anything going for him in terms of importance in any way whatsoever. So besides "he could be good," give me something to work off of or shut the hell up.
You people really need to read things. No one ever said nor implied that Blaziken SHOULD be in Smash. I threw it in as an example of something that could play better than Jigglypuff.

I could use about half the Pokemon in existence as examples to the exact same effect.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

It should be noted(again) that Jigglypuff is a top tiered character in both the original Smash and in Melee. In both games, she's a fun character.

She more than likely will not leave the roster. Discussing it seems pointless as we know where everyone stands and the discussion isn't really going anywhere.

Let's discuss something else. Maybe what tweaks we'd like to see to existing characters? I would like to see Mario's FLUDD be more useful. More pushback+slight damage would be interesting. I'd also like to see Lucario stick around, as no matter what you say about the character, he is probably the most unique character in Brawl in terms of his fighting mechanics(not that any of them are overly complex) and aside from ONE special move and floatiness he is unlike Mewtwo in just about every way.

Tupin

I just realized that this game is probably three to four years away and that we will be having arguments like this for the entirety of that time.

I seriously think they just started working on it. Like, they are doing concept drawings and nothing else so far.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Kayo

Quote from: Z on July 06, 2012, 04:13:01 PM
I'd also like to see Lucario stick around, as no matter what you say about the character, he is probably the most unique character in Brawl in terms of his fighting mechanics(not that any of them are overly complex) and aside from ONE special move and floatiness he is unlike Mewtwo in just about every way.

The idea might have been unique, but IMO it wasn't executed as well as it should have been.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on July 07, 2012, 03:06:44 PM
The idea might have been unique, but IMO it wasn't executed as well as it should have been.

What is wrong with it? Is it a problem that there is a cap on the damage to power increase?

Nayrman

Quote from: Tupin on July 07, 2012, 02:59:05 PM
I just realized that this game is probably three to four years away and that we will be having arguments like this for the entirety of that time.

I seriously think they just started working on it. Like, they are doing concept drawings and nothing else so far.

I don't think it'll be THAT long. It's a joint measure between Namco and Team Sora. Not to mention Brawl would've been out in two years save for some character delays (Remember, Sakruai wasn't on board for Brawl until after E3 2005, and we didn't get any info on it until the following year's E3. So essentially 2-2.5 years of development at most considering Japan's release date).

Just my thoughts on that anyway.

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on July 07, 2012, 04:49:10 PM
I don't think it'll be THAT long. It's a joint measure between Namco and Team Sora. Not to mention Brawl would've been out in two years save for some character delays

I recall the single player modes being to blame for the delays.