News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Thundercats

Started by Neerb, July 29, 2011, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

The Thundercats remake just premiered on Cartoon Network, and I've gotta say, I'm impressed.

The story seems interesting (I didn't really watch the original that much), the characters are likeable, there are some genuine plot twists, and there's a great voice cast. Plus the action's pretty good, and the animation and art style are absolutely awesome.

I think this is the best cartoon since Avatar: The Last Airbender, and I will definitely be following it. With this, Mystery Inc, Young Justice, and their more random stuff like Adventure Time and Regular Show, CN seems to be coming back in full force this year.

The Riddler

Magnum

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

RX-78-2

I used to watch the original a long time ago. I don't remember much of it, but I did like it. I think I saw a bit of this new one, but I definitely want to see a whole episode before forming an opinion.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Turok

Quote from: Riddler21 on July 29, 2011, 10:18:27 PM
Furry.
You should see a doctor about that. Or invest in Gillette.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Neerb

Third episode premiered yesterday (the pilot was 1 and 2 combined). Not as character-focused as I thought/hoped it would be; however, it was definitely good. There were some really cool sci-fi/fantasy concepts used, and despite how blatantly "themed" it was, it still avoids being "filler" by having a decent amount of character development and having the Wileys join the team. Plus, I finally got to see the title sequence... which is unfortunately almost non-existent. Still, it has the most famous part of the original theme, and that's really all that matters.

RX-78-2

I don't think any sort of pilot episode could ever be considered filler.

Kayo

All Pilots do is establish the characters, their relationships with one another (often in some cheesy way) and perhaps give a bit of a hint on the plot. There's no logical way they could ever be considered "filler".
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

The Pilot was 1 and 2. I was talking about 3.

I never said the pilot was filler.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on August 09, 2011, 07:34:27 AM
The Pilot was 1 and 2. I was talking about 3.

I never said the pilot was filler.
I never said you did. You said it wasn't filler, so I'm basically saying "Well duh, it goes without saying".
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on August 09, 2011, 08:17:55 AM
I never said you did. You said it wasn't filler, so I'm basically saying "Well duh, it goes without saying".

Not necessarily; the third episode could have just been a random adventure where nothing was accomplished. Given that Panthro hasn't shown up yet, the writers could have just left Kat and Kit out of the picture as well. Speaking of which, for anyone who is watching this show, Panthro is going to show up in this week's episode.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on August 09, 2011, 11:13:02 AM
Not necessarily; the third episode could have just been a random adventure where nothing was accomplished. Given that Panthro hasn't shown up yet, the writers could have just left Kat and Kit out of the picture as well. Speaking of which, for anyone who is watching this show, Panthro is going to show up in this week's episode.
Actually I was talking about pilot episodes myself. No reason to disagree.

Wow I'm confused.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on August 09, 2011, 06:24:27 PM
Actually I was talking about pilot episodes myself. No reason to disagree.

Wow I'm confused.

Review that older post of mine; I was reviewing Episode 3, saying that it was not filler.

You and RX-78-2 then went off on some random train of thought declaring to the world that pilots=/=filler.

I then assumed that you two thought I was talking about the pilot, when I was really talking about episode 3, so now I'm trying to explain that I wasn't talking about the pilot in the first place.

Less confused?

RX-78-2

I get it. But you didn't specify what you were talking about, so we (at least I) didn't know.