News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

the 3ds

Started by Custom, September 13, 2011, 10:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on September 14, 2011, 06:06:33 PM
Nintendo decides to cram a huge touch screen into their console controllers and you people are complaining that there's not enough.
They want this, basically.

A controller which lets your character poop and sneeze, all actions exclusively for a button each!

Kayo

You guys do realize that, if they needed to, they could cram like 50 buttons onto a touch screen?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Being able to click in the sticks is just plain convenient. I'm not asking for that much, just give it the modern standard number of buttons (as seen in Xbox 360 and PS3). The touch screen is the "extra."

Zero

Uh, touch screen "buttons" aren't natural, Kayo.

You can have as many buttons as you want a touch screen, it still won't feel as good as a normal controller.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 14, 2011, 06:50:56 PM

You can have as many buttons as you want a touch screen, it still won't feel as good as a normal controller.
I'm aware of this, I'm just saying people shouldn't complain that there's a touch screen and not a whole lot of buttons considering the immense versatility of a touch screen.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Kayo on September 14, 2011, 06:06:33 PM
Nintendo decides to cram a huge touch screen into their console controllers and you people are complaining that there's not enough.
I'm actually really not looking forward to the touch screen. Every touch screen I've ever used felt mildly awkward.

Custom

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on September 14, 2011, 02:41:20 PM
Vita also lacks R3 and L3. Four missing buttons!

i don't think i've ever played a ps2 game that actually used r3 and l3

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Zero on September 14, 2011, 06:50:56 PM

Which is why you would put the least often used buttons on the screen.

Neerb

L3 and R3 ARE the sticks; it wouldn't clutter controller, it wouldn't inconvenience anyone, it has absolutely zero down side, that's just where they belong.

Besides, for those of you so intent to use the touch screen, L3 and R3 being in a place that actually makes sense would free up more space for other stuff on the screen.

Zero

R3/L3 are usually used as optional camera functions such as resets, though they are sometimes used for other things.

It'd be nice, but at the same time its not going to make Mario 3D Land a better game.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on September 15, 2011, 05:11:17 AM
L3 and R3 ARE the sticks; it wouldn't clutter controller, it wouldn't inconvenience anyone, it has absolutely zero down side, that's just where they belong.

Besides, for those of you so intent to use the touch screen, L3 and R3 being in a place that actually makes sense would free up more space for other stuff on the screen.
You act like a little tiny square in each of the top corners of the touch screen is a big problem. Besides, not all games even NEED six shoulder buttons.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on September 15, 2011, 12:11:50 PM
You act like a little tiny square in each of the top corners of the touch screen is a big problem. Besides, not all games even NEED six shoulder buttons.

It's not a big problem, but it's still a problem, one which could be ridiculously easily solved considering the console isn't even out yet. If this was AFTER the fact, it would be a futile argument, but since this is in foresight, I say it would be nonsensical for Nintendo to not do it. It's only a reason of convenience for the Wii U to have L3 and R3, but there's a whopping zero reasons for it to not have them. If Nintendo had realized buttons > touch screen when making the 3DS, for example, we might not be groaning about the extra circle pad add-on they're just now coming out with.

It's the principle of the thing is all.

Custom

i don't think any games require 6 shoulder buttons

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on September 15, 2011, 03:34:03 PM
i don't think any games require 6 shoulder buttons
This exactly. Why put so many shoulder buttons on when they won't all be used?
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on September 15, 2011, 07:56:43 PM
This exactly. Why put so many shoulder buttons on when they won't all be used?

Not sure if you're serious, but "L3" and "R3" aren't shoulder buttons, they're when you click in the sticks, like what many PS3 and 360 games use to great effect.