News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Who's getting a Vita?

Started by Super, October 27, 2011, 04:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: Gravy-o on November 28, 2011, 12:58:48 PM
The DS never had as much of a standard price as, for example, the Wii, in which pretty much all of its "major" (for lack of a better word atm) games were at $49.99.

Yes, it did. Games get discounted from the standard price all the time. "Standard" is the pricepoint that a majority of the software launches at. Wii games launch at 49.99(usually) and DS games launched at 29.99(usually). Nintendo developed/published DS games would break the standard, but that doesn't make the standard void.

Nintendo published/developed games constitute a VAST minority of the DS library. Seriously, the DS library is huge. Shovelware or not, most games were 29.99 on release.

I'm trying to wrap my head around why you're even attempting to argue this. Go to your nearest Walmart, look at the DS games. Most will be 29.99. Guarantee it. Unless there is some discrepancy regarding location, and I doubt that.

Kayo

Quote from: Michio Kaku on November 28, 2011, 05:02:35 PM
Yes, it did. Games get discounted from the standard price all the time. "Standard" is the pricepoint that a majority of the software launches at. Wii games launch at 49.99(usually) and DS games launched at 29.99(usually). Nintendo developed/published DS games would break the standard, but that doesn't make the standard void.

Nintendo published/developed games constitute a VAST minority of the DS library. Seriously, the DS library is huge. Shovelware or not, most games were 29.99 on release.

I'm trying to wrap my head around why you're even attempting to argue this. Go to your nearest Walmart, look at the DS games. Most will be 29.99. Guarantee it. Unless there is some discrepancy regarding location, and I doubt that.
I have honestly seen plenty of DS games at $34.99 or $39.99 to safely say that it isn't as consistent as the Wii's $49.99. The Wii's price sticks more than the DS's, and I can't wrap my head around why you're arguing that.

I can actually look at my collection of Wii games and say that I paid $49.99 for about 90% of them. For DS games? I don't know if I can even say I paid $29.99 for half of them.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Gravy-o on November 28, 2011, 06:45:45 PM
I have honestly seen plenty of DS games at $34.99 or $39.99 to safely say that it isn't as consistent as the Wii's $49.99. The Wii's price sticks more than the DS's, and I can't wrap my head around why you're arguing that.

You have a  tendency to mimic a user you're quoting, god man.

At any rate, that isn't even what I'm arguing Kayo. I'm not saying the DS's library is more price consistent. You're trying to say that you've seen "plenty" of DS games at 34.99 AND 39.99. The gall you have to make such a ridiculous claim is absolutely astounding and shows that you only pay attention to Nintendo and more specifically, Pokemon titles. Outside of HG/SS(and other DS games that required peripherals such as Guitar Hero), there were no DS games that were priced higher than 34.99.

Like I said, go to a Walmart. Look at the prices. Still 29.99.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm having this argument. If you had payed attention at all this generation, you'd know what you were talking about. I'm done.

Hero_of_Darkness

The 4GB and 8GB prices were incorrect... by $5. Actual (confirmed by Sony) prices are:

4GB - $24.99
8GB - $39.99
16GB - $69.99
32GB - $119.99

Super

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on December 01, 2011, 08:02:24 PM
The 4GB and 8GB prices were incorrect... by $5. Actual (confirmed by Sony) prices are:

4GB - $24.99
8GB - $39.99
16GB - $69.99
32GB - $119.99
They're expensive as hell, but at least the lowest one isn't eye-gougingly ridiculous. I definitely won't be getting the 32GB one, that's for sure.

Hero_of_Darkness

So, now for some semi-good news. As you all know, all Vita games will be available both at retail and on PSN. What you don't know is pricing. Well, here's how it looks:

• Retail games are capped at $39.99
  • There will be multiple price points (take notes, Nintendo!)
  • If you buy games on PSN, they can cost up to 40% less than retail
This is really great, but you still need to buy an expensive memory card of you want to go all digital. :/ The savings eventually make up for the price of the cards so long as you only save games on them though.

Oh, the first and third points are just a rumor for now, btw, and it might only be temporary.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-30-sony-planning-more-tailored-approach-to-vita-game-pricing
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/12/04/rumor-downloading-psn-games-on-vita-40-cheaper-than-retail.aspx

Hero_of_Darkness

QuoteBriton Tom Fancett and his Dutch colleague Tom Sauer were taking part in the Talisker Atlantic Challenge, rowing from the Canary Islands to Barbados.
But last night their 24ft boat, PS Vita, was overwhelmed by huge waves and sank.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2073976/British-rower-Tom-Fancett-spends-terrifying-night-life-raft-boat-sinks.html#ixzz1gWxNVOQf

IT'S AN OMEN

DededeCloneChris

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on December 14, 2011, 10:21:48 AM
Thing could've been afloat if its name was "Circle Pad."

I laughed harder at this than I should have.