News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Wreck-It Ralph

Started by Tupin, June 10, 2012, 08:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

There was that other thread in General Gaming, but might as well put it here too.

This is Disney's film this year, looks pretty good from a technical standpoint. It seems like it may tell an interesting story. Disney seems to have finally gotten the hang of both 2D and 3D animated films. Took them long enough.

Oh, and here's the playable version of the game Ralph is in, Fix-It Felix:

http://disney.go.com/wreck-it-ralph/#/fixitfelix

Shame that this isn't coming out this summer instead of Brave, this certainly looks more interesting...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Neerb

Sarah Silverman's character looks uncomfortably like Sarah Silverman.

Anyway, I was looking forward to this movie almost entirely on premise; the fact that actual brand-name video game characters are in it are just icing on the cake (although the icing is usually the best part).

Also, Felix Fix-It Jr. is voiced by Kenneth from 30 Rock, which seems ridiculously fitting for such a hero.

Dog Food

I'm looking forward to this movie. Sarah Silverman is hilarious, Ralph is adorable, and I'm squeeing at all the other real video game characters that I can point out in just the trailer. I'm hoping this will be my animation movie of the year, as I've always got one standout.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Tupin

Quote from: Dog Food on July 14, 2012, 08:43:21 AM
I'm looking forward to this movie. Sarah Silverman is hilarious, Ralph is adorable, and I'm squeeing at all the other real video game characters that I can point out in just the trailer. I'm hoping this will be my animation movie of the year, as I've always got one standout.
I hope so too, because Brave, while good, isn't Pixar's absolute best. Disney is decently competent with 3D animation, I hope this is more like Tangled and less like Mars Needs Moms.

Neerb

Quote from: Tupin on July 28, 2012, 10:39:09 PM
I hope so too, because Brave, while good, isn't Pixar's absolute best. Disney is decently competent with 3D animation, I hope this is more like Tangled and less like Mars Needs Moms.

MNM is from a different studio. Wreck-It Ralph is from their main animation studio, which brought us [in the cgi-department] Chicken Little, Bolt, Meet the Robinsons, and Tangled, as well as most hand-drawn films such as The Princess and the Frog and Winnie the Pooh.

Zero

I thought Meet the Robinsons was pretty alright

DededeCloneChris

How hilarious that Disney couldn't get a hold of both Mario and Luigi from Nintendo. The Big N demanded too much money for them.

At least Bowser got in... Wait, does this mean Bowser is cheaper?

Zero

Quote from: DededeCloneChris on August 03, 2012, 06:13:15 PM
How hilarious that Disney couldn't get a hold of both Mario and Luigi from Nintendo. The Big N demanded too much money for them.

At least Bowser got in... Wait, does this mean Bowser is cheaper?

Yes.

Tupin

Some new art for one of the games within the movie: http://www.buzzsugar.com/Wreck--Ralph-Sugar-Rush-Characters-25154791

Here's the theatrical poster:

I'll probably go see it the day it comes out.

Custom

Skrillex is literally in this movie.

As in, a CGI character. In the film.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

JrDude

The pose Sonic is in, is the only pose he has in the whole movie.

I liked SEGA on Facebook, and it posted a long while back. "WATCH THE NEW TRAILER WITH SONIC IN IT!"
Watched it, he was on a POSTER (a moving poster, because his spines moved as if there was a draft)... A POSTER.
And I wouldn't be surprised if that was his only appearance throughout the whole movie, and he's only there to get more people to watch it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Custom

Quote from: JrDude 益 on October 05, 2012, 04:04:07 AM
The pose Sonic is in, is the only pose he has in the whole movie.

I liked SEGA on Facebook, and it posted a long while back. "WATCH THE NEW TRAILER WITH SONIC IN IT!"
Watched it, he was on a POSTER (a moving poster, because his spines moved as if there was a draft)... A POSTER.
And I wouldn't be surprised if that was his only appearance throughout the whole movie, and he's only there to get more people to watch it.

his appearance is a 0/10
it look like it was just paid advertising for sega
he looks like complete poop, doesn't look like he was meant to be in the movie
looks like he was a paid after-edit or something

i'm really disappointed
He's hardly even in the movie

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

IGN gives this movie a 9.5. They say it's the best animated movie of the year, which is saying something given that they've drooled over almost every animated movie to come out this year (except Brave, disappointingly mediocre as it was).

Also it comes out tomorrow.

CoasterKid93

All whining aside, I'm pretty excited for this movie.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

zephilicious

so no one else is bothered by the obnoxious mash up of real and made up characters?
~~ <3