<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Started by JrDude, December 09, 2012, 03:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: Bearissoslow on February 14, 2013, 02:36:54 AM

what would you call it then
an action adventure game with a turn based battle system?
it just seems like a bare bones rpg to me

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Bearissoslow

it's a video game

who cares what genre it's a part of

either you enjoyed it or you didn't

if you're attacking its "genre" instead of attacking its design then you're making up reasons to dislike it

like it's a fine game and you don't have to like it but it not having a story isn't a killer

Custom

Quote from: Bearissoslow on February 14, 2013, 02:43:58 AM
it's a video game

who cares what genre it's a part of

either you enjoyed it or you didn't

if you're attacking its "genre" instead of attacking its design then you're making up reasons to dislike it

like it's a fine game and you don't have to like it but it not having a story isn't a killer

i just don't see any positives to the changes they've made.
like i rolled with the changes in super and that was great and fun
tell me about some cool parts of the game or something i dunno

Zero

Quote from: Bearissoslow on February 13, 2013, 09:10:23 PM
"oh no, no story or RPG mechanics this game is instantly awful"

Even when you don't look at this game like its a Paper Mario game, its still poop.

There is no point to battles. The boss battles are "Use the special sticker you found earlier to win in 1 shot!"

I like the graphics and some of the dialogue but there really is almost nothing to this game at all

Bearissoslow

but the boss battles were more than that

considering that they were all challenging and harder than anything presented in TTYD, i don't understand how you all can praise and love that boring piece of poop but hate this game

the OST is one of the best in mario games btw and if you disagree you can't appreciate jazz and you should probably kill yourself

Zero

Quote from: Bearissoslow on February 14, 2013, 11:20:20 AM
but the boss battles were more than that

considering that they were all challenging and harder than anything presented in TTYD, i don't understand how you all can praise and love that boring piece of poop but hate this game

the OST is one of the best in mario games btw and if you disagree you can't appreciate jazz and you should probably kill yourself

The OST is repetitive as poop man. It's good, but I'd argue that its the most repetitive OST in a Mario game not counting Super Mario Bros 1 or the NSMB series.

Challenging? You call those boss battles challenging? Maybe its because I eat Ninja Gaiden for breakfast and wash it down with Mega Man but those battles were not challenging at all. This is nothing new with Paper Mario. I don't play it for challenge, I play it for charm and for fun(and admittedly handicap myself on subsequent playthroughs, something you can't do very easily in this game outside of ignoring Stickers). Sticker Star is charming, its just that it isn't any fun.

Also, TTYD, boring? Compared to Sticker Star? My god.

The Sticker System isn't fun. Battles are pointless. The game throws stickers and coins at you. There is no character progression. Uninteresting goals. Whatever good quality this game has is massively set back by all of its problems. Even if you don't care about the lack of plot, that's just one more thing the game has nothing for you to fall back on when faced with its bullpoop.

Bearissoslow

i can't take you seriously if you think ttyd is exciting but sticker star isn't since that's just such a wrong opinion

Bearissoslow

oh and lol if you don't understand that coins are important for the gameplay because hmm

coins can buy things, stickers, and secret doors to get more things! oh no no level up system automatically poop

like i can handle if you didn't enjoy it but that's such a god awful attack on SS that it makes me laugh

Kayo

or we can compare it to all the paper mario games before it which were all much, much better
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Bearissoslow on February 14, 2013, 01:06:43 PM
oh and lol if you don't understand that coins are important for the gameplay because hmm

coins can buy things, stickers, and secret doors to get more things! oh no no level up system automatically poop

like i can handle if you didn't enjoy it but that's such a god awful attack on SS that it makes me laugh

I'm not sure if you understood what I said, so I'll try to reiterate: The game throws coins at you. By the 2nd world I had like 2000 coins. I never had to spend any at the normal shop because the game also throws stickers at you. It slows down as you progress, but by that time if you've played right and used the most appropriate sticker for each encounter or flat out avoided encounters that aren't necessary(which are all of them except bosses) after you've amassed coins and stickers you aren't punished because you gain nothing from fighting enemies except more coins and sometimes a sticker, which you already have a poop ton of anyway. You should see where I'm going with this. Even though you can get "more things" from secret doors, what's the point when my Sticker inventory was maxed out most of the time?

Quote from: Bearissoslow on February 14, 2013, 12:59:18 PM
i can't take you seriously if you think ttyd is exciting but sticker star isn't since that's just such a wrong opinion

What is exciting about SS? There is no plot. No challenge. The Sticker System is a joke. What content does this game have that was worth my 35 dollars? If you can support your opinion like I've been doing that'd be fantastic. Otherwise, I'll just continue to think you're pretending to like this game.

Custom

he didn't even mention cool parts aside from the music when i told him to :(

all nintendo games have good music

Kayo

Nintendo seems to have put too much trust in repeat customers on this one, assuming that those of us who are already Paper Mario fans will buy it anyway. Therefore, it just looks like they weren't afraid to cut a ton of corners on it.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Bearissoslow

Quote from: Kayo on February 14, 2013, 01:09:58 PM
or we can compare it to all the paper mario games before it which were all much, much better
no one has ever asked for your opinion on anything ever

Sirwaddy

It's just disappointing to know that Miyamoto specifically ordered no new characters for this game.

And the boss battles are challenging in the sense that they're a guessing game on whether or not you brought the right Thing sticker. If you did you've practically won the battle, if you didn't good luck surviving and having kirsti give hints after its too late.