News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

New CoroCoro scan, this one more trustworthy than the false leak yesterday. It shows a silhouette of a new Pokemon. Enjoy.

EDIT: This Pokemon is to be called Ninfia (ニンフィア); this is not 100% confirmed but comes from a reliable source. Unknown whether or not Ninfia is its English name in addition to its Japanese name. If it is, this might be our new cute, tiny legendary for Gen VI. (Because of how early it was revealed; remember Victini was also revealed very early for B/W) Just kidding guys, it's a NEW EEVEELUTION of an unknown type.

EDIT 2: Also, if anyone else cares, Serebii says the nest movie will feature Genesect and Mewtwo. yes, Mewtwo. Whee.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

RazorFilledCandy

it looks like it could be normal but I'm kind of hoping it'll be flying

Kayo

Quote from: RazorFilledCandy on February 11, 2013, 09:46:07 PM
it looks like it could be normal but I'm kind of hoping it'll be flying
People are theorizing that Ninfia is derived from "Nimbus" (Ninbasu in Japanese) with the same -ia suffix that new Eeveelutions have shared starting in Gen IV (Okay, so there's only two such Pokemon, but it's defenitely becoming a trend like the -eon suffix in English). Doesn't explain the letter F, but we're not going to get that picky.

It's more likely to be Flying than Normal, I think. Besides, It took until Gen V to have a pure Flying type, and even then we only have one. GF probably thought we could use another.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

I'm almost positive it's Normal type. But I will wait until it's official type is released.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on February 12, 2013, 12:08:24 AM
I'm almost positive it's Normal type. But I will wait until it's official type is released.
I feel like it could honestly be either. Or a new type.

EDIT: Clearer image of Ninfia from Serebii. Doesn't show any new info, but it's a better view of the new Pokemon.

[move][/move]

Zero

Normal type=Barf

I sincerely hope its Flying

Nayrman

Ninfia is pretty cool, and it's an eeveelution so I'm pleased.

Also, has anyone considered Dragon? After all Flygon and Altaria are dragons, yet Charizard isn't. It's the only "special" type that the Eeveelutions haven't covered yet.

But yeah, probably either Normal or Flying, but we'll have to see.

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on February 12, 2013, 08:41:33 AM
Ninfia is pretty cool, and it's an eeveelution so I'm pleased.

Also, has anyone considered Dragon? After all Flygon and Altaria are dragons, yet Charizard isn't. It's the only "special" type that the Eeveelutions haven't covered yet.

But yeah, probably either Normal or Flying, but we'll have to see.

Agreed man

Well Flygon is based on the Adult Antlion(trapinch being its larval stage), which resembles a dragonfly. So that explains Flygon's dragon typing. Japanese lore takes that sort of literally, I guess. Same reason Kingdra is a dragon type. Sea horses are seen as sea dragons.

Altaria is based on the mythical Peng, which are Chinese birds with long dragon necks/heads and dragon whiskers but are otherwise very bird-like. That explains Altaria.

So I think a dragon typing for this Pokemon might be a bit of a stretch. If you look at the rest of the eeveelutions down on the bottom right page, you see "less than" symbols between Espeon and Umbreon and then Umbreon and Leafeon. Only for those two. Which is weird.

What if this new Eeveelution is a new type that is weak to Dark and Grass? I don't know, I'm just throwing poop around at this point.

Nayrman

Quote from: Z on February 12, 2013, 08:56:50 AM
Agreed man

Well Flygon is based on the Adult Antlion(trapinch being its larval stage), which resembles a dragonfly. So that explains Flygon's dragon typing. Japanese lore takes that sort of literally, I guess. Same reason Kingdra is a dragon type. Sea horses are seen as sea dragons.

Altaria is based on the mythical Peng, which are Chinese birds with long dragon necks/heads and dragon whiskers but are otherwise very bird-like. That explains Altaria.

So I think a dragon typing for this Pokemon might be a bit of a stretch. If you look at the rest of the eeveelutions down on the bottom right page, you see "less than" symbols between Espeon and Umbreon and then Umbreon and Leafeon. Only for those two. Which is weird.

What if this new Eeveelution is a new type that is weak to Dark and Grass? I don't know, I'm just throwing poop around at this point.

Oh, I know where they come from, it's just that "Dragon" type doesn't really mean "dragon" in the typical sense so really, it could be anything.

Ultimately, I doubt they're bringing in a new type at this juncture. They need to balance the types they DO have before I'd want any more. *Poison is still utterly useless btw*. But yeah, my three votes are on Normal, Flying, or Dragon.

Zero

Poison just isn't meant to be an offensive typing. They should buff its defensive capability slightly, but only slightly. Resistance to fighting, bug, and immunity to toxic is actually really good in competitive play. Toxicroak, Roserade, and Tentacruel's usability is very thanks in part to their poison typing.

I'd argue that Ice is more useless than Poison. Ice Pokemon have a great STAB but that doesn't matter when they're fodder to practically everything, only resist their own type, and are only immune to FRZ status(which is the rarest status effect in the games).

I agree that the typing chart is crazy imbalanced. At least its better than Psychic/Normal domination back in Gen I

Nayrman

Quote from: Z on February 12, 2013, 09:13:08 AM
Poison just isn't meant to be an offensive typing. They should buff its defensive capability slightly, but only slightly. Resistance to fighting, bug, and immunity to toxic is actually really good in competitive play. Toxicroak, Roserade, and Tentacruel's usability is very thanks in part to their poison typing.

I'd argue that Ice is more useless than Poison. Ice Pokemon have a great STAB but that doesn't matter when they're fodder to practically everything, only resist their own type, and are only immune to FRZ status(which is the rarest status effect in the games).

I agree that the typing chart is crazy imbalanced. At least its better than Psychic/Normal domination back in Gen I

Nothing is worse than Gen 1 in terms of balancing. Yeesh.

Ultimately, I think they just need to retool the entire chart, change some strengths and weaknesses around. For example, poison should be strong against fighting, as the more you move and exert yourself if poisoned, the faster it spreads. But yes, boost their defensive capabilities and poison won't be totally useless.

I also agree on Ice. It should probably be strong against water (as ice keeps your drinks cold rather than using drinks to heat up ice, heh.).

One major thing I wish they'd change is pointlessly complicated evolutions. Just make them level ups! We understand you didn't think of Electrivire or Gliscor back at the time. We don't need some pointlessly held item or whatever to "explain" why we couldn't get them before. We understand, just make them level ups. <_<:;

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on February 12, 2013, 09:24:18 AM
One major thing I wish they'd change is pointlessly complicated evolutions. Just make them level ups! We understand you didn't think of Electrivire or Gliscor back at the time. We don't need some pointlessly held item or whatever to "explain" why we couldn't get them before. We understand, just make them level ups. <_<:;

Honestly I'm cool with the items as long as they're "Level Up w/item held" if you catch my drift.

I just think the trading to evolve thing is stupid and it has been stupid for a while. Everyone just traded back anyway, even back in Gen I.

"Dude can you help me evolve my Machoke?"

"Sure, I need to evolve my Kadabra anyway"

...was common chatter back then.

Nayrman

Quote from: Z on February 12, 2013, 09:35:08 AM
Honestly I'm cool with the items as long as they're "Level Up w/item held" if you catch my drift.

I just think the trading to evolve thing is stupid and it has been stupid for a while. Everyone just traded back anyway, even back in Gen I.

"Dude can you help me evolve my Machoke?"

"Sure, I need to evolve my Kadabra anyway"

...was common chatter back then.

Yeah, Trade evolutions never made much sense. I still think the held items are really lame though. I mean, how does a big red block make Magmar evolve somehow? Seriously, if they MUST be holding an item, just level up please... Or use the evolutionary stones more often. Hell, the Fire Stone was only used on Gen 1 pokemon until Pansear in gen 5.

Zero

Using the evolution stones more would make more sense

but new ways to evolve have always built hype up for the games. I'm guilty of this poop too. I remember thinking it was awesome how Eevee evolved into Umbreon/Espeon until the Dawn/Dusk stones were made. Ever since I've just wished that they'd switch.

Nayrman

Quote from: Z on February 12, 2013, 10:06:07 AM
Using the evolution stones more would make more sense

but new ways to evolve have always built hype up for the games. I'm guilty of this poop too. I remember thinking it was awesome how Eevee evolved into Umbreon/Espeon until the Dawn/Dusk stones were made. Ever since I've just wished that they'd switch.

Indeed, or better yet, just make it so they can evolve multiple ways. that'd solve everything. If you'd rather have a low level Electrivire, then just trade with Electrilizer. Or make it a later level (like 65) if you don't have anyone to trade with. Make some very simple means that you may have to go out of the way for, but simple stones/level ups should always be an option just to make it easier on people.