News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on February 14, 2013, 08:45:29 AM
Hm, well if Light IS a new type, this would be it, because those were all light-based moves.

Bet it's normal, though.

WELL that's interesting

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

zephilicious

I'm sticking with Fairy if it's a new type. it fits better than all the other poop types people are throwing around.

also this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylph
and the german name translates to fairy
oh and nymph in french/japanese

the name is obviously based on fairies whatever that says about it's type.
~~ <3

zephilicious

Or spirit type i like that name better
~~ <3

The Riddler

Someone beat me to pointing out Sylph, which is fairy.

Fairys in Pokemon are usually Normal. I doubt it'll be a new type.

The Riddler

Echoed Voice: Learned by Eeve via leveling up.  Normal type move.
or
Hyper Voice: Learned by Eevee via Tutor. Normal type move.

Trump Card: Learned by Eevee by leveling up. Normal type move.
Swift: Only learned via Dream World, but still,  Normal type move.

I don't know what the third move is.

Kayo

Quote from: The Riddler on February 14, 2013, 12:01:08 PM
or

Could be a new move.

Also, seems you're forgetting that moves can change types when a new type is added (Bite was a Normal-type in Gen I, for example). None of those except Swift could even partially make sense as a "light type," but any type of Pokemon can use normal type moves.

Flying seems to definitely be out of the question by now. Like I said before, they're releasing this single Pokemon super early and highlighting it, so if it was a new type it would make sense. Going with either Normal or an unreleased type on this one.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

Quote from: The Riddler on February 14, 2013, 12:01:08 PM
or

general consensus is double edge, trump card,???, swift.

IE: all moves eevee learns and they mean nothing
~~ <3

zephilicious

i guess the moves you posted fit that too but whatever
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on February 14, 2013, 01:32:37 PM
general consensus is double edge, trump card,???, swift.

IE: all moves eevee learns and they mean nothing
Yeah, like I said, Normal type moves that every Pokemon type can learn. If they're being so secretive about its type, they won't show it using attacks that are so obviously a certain type (Flamethrower, etc)

Let me just say, at this point, if they withheld the type just for it to be Normal I'm not going to be happy. I'm actually starting to hope for a new type, just because I think it would be interesting.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Mona

Quote from: Kayo on February 14, 2013, 02:19:47 PM
Yeah, like I said, Normal type moves that every Pokemon type can learn. If they're being so secretive about its type, they won't show it using attacks that are so obviously a certain type (Flamethrower, etc)

This.
They're showing typical Eevee moves to keep the type a secret. That doesn't mean it's normal. The more I think about it the more I really really think it's a new type. A fairy type would be cool, but I can hear all the male Pokemon fans groaning already. A light type would probably be the most likely thing.

zephilicious

it doesnt looks any more like light than normal or flying (or dragon or bug of any of the other bullpoop i've seen popping up)

spirit has multiple definitions that fit both fairies (except more gender neutral) and light/holy

covers all the bases and it sounds better than anything else i've heard next to the other types

the only negative being that it's a little too close to ghost. but we already have rock/ground and water/ice
~~ <3

Mona

The only reason why I say Light over Spirit or anything else is because we already have a Dark type.

zephilicious

but as is always argued, if noa hadn't been trying to be so family friendly, dark would have been better translated as evil.

fighting (which in japan brings connotations of honor and goodness) is already supposed to be the opposite of dark

the moves related to shadows and darkness are all currently ghost type. spirit strikes me as a better name for the opposite of ghost than light does.
~~ <3

Zero

Spirit=Ghost though

What about "life" or "Creation" type? "Divine" type?

zephilicious

they're definitely not going to do anything with religious connotations
~~ <3