Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

also i don't know too much about this so correct me if i'm wrong

but i doubt fairy type because there are already fairy pokemon
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Snubbull_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29
they could always change it's type i guess, but they don't do stuff like that, do they?

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on February 16, 2013, 07:52:14 PM
also i don't know too much about this so correct me if i'm wrong

but i doubt fairy type because there are already fairy pokemon
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Snubbull_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29
they could always change it's type i guess, but they don't do stuff like that, do they?

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on February 16, 2013, 01:28:54 AM
What if it's a Psychic type? No one said they couldn't repeat a type.
Yeah, but given the whole purpose of Eevee thing which has been explained a few times in this thread already, that wouldn't happen. Especially given that little chart that was posted a few posts after yours. That chart also makes me nearly certain that it's a new type.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on February 16, 2013, 08:07:58 PM

even then, this was a little different. he was a magnet pokemon, not a steel pokemon
is there any case like that? you know what i'm saying?
or like any case where there is a light pokemon or something?

man, i had completely forgot he was pure electric at some point CRAZY

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on February 16, 2013, 09:16:53 PM
even then, this was a little different. he was a magnet pokemon, not a steel pokemon
is there any case like that? you know what i'm saying?
or like any case where there is a light pokemon or something?

man, i had completely forgot he was pure electric at some point CRAZY
The point is, they changed an existing Pokemon's typing because of a newly introduced type. I'm just saying that they do, in fact, "do that stuff."
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on February 16, 2013, 10:12:00 PM
The point is, they changed an existing Pokemon's typing because of a newly introduced type. I'm just saying that they do, in fact, "do that stuff."

yeah i know i acknowledged that
now i'm asking if there was like a pokemon listed as steel species before steel type

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on February 16, 2013, 10:19:54 PM
yeah i know i acknowledged that
now i'm asking if there was like a pokemon listed as steel species before steel type
I don't see your point, then. I mean, Horsea is listed as Dragon species but is not a Dragon type. And it was the Dragon species before it even had the ability to evolve into a Dragon.

Now, I know the Dragon type existed in Gen I, but I also know that it was added very late in the game's development and--when it was added--intended to be unique to Dragonite and its evolutionary relatives (who would have been Normal and Normal/Flying otherwise). For that reason I guess you could argue that Horsea existed before the Dragon type, and it would fit with what you're saying...I think. I'm not entirely sure I get what you're saying, so sorry if this is a little off.

Also, to answer your question, Lanturn and Ampharos are both classified as "Light Pokémon", but that's it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on February 17, 2013, 12:38:29 AM
I don't see your point, then. I mean, Horsea is listed as Dragon species but is not a Dragon type. And it was the Dragon species before it even had the ability to evolve into a Dragon type.

Magnemite is of the magnet species or whatever right? It turned into a Steel type.

His point is that we've never seen anything like this before, where a type would become something already listed in the game as a species. "The Fairy Species" and then Fairy type. I'm not sure if he's right.

We have the Fairy egg group and the Dragon egg group. So who knows man.

Kayo

Quote from: Z on February 17, 2013, 12:42:41 AM
Magnemite is of the magnet species or whatever right? It turned into a Steel type.

His point is that we've never seen anything like this before, where a type would become something already listed in the game as a species. "The Fairy Species" and then Fairy type. I'm not sure if he's right.

We have the Fairy egg group and the Dragon egg group. So who knows man.
Well, the last (and only) time they added types there were only 151 Pokemon to choose from. Now we have 649, so it's more likely for a coincidental situation like that to happen than it was before. Which explains why we haven't had a situation like that yet, but now we might.

Anyway, I'm sure it's generally agreeable that we're more likely to get a "Light" type than a "Fairy" type, if anything. And the Pokemon classified as "Light Pokemon" (Lanturn and Ampharos) could both feasibly have the "Light" type if it existed. (Lanturn could be Water/Light and Ampharos could be Light or Electric/Light. I can see it.)
[move][/move]

Custom

the pink makes me feel that it won't be a light type though? you know?
man, this poop is crazy. also interesting info about the dragon stuff.

Neerb

Quote from: Custom on February 16, 2013, 07:49:05 PM
in before something REALLY FUCKING DUMB like "love" type

If it is a new type, I'm calling "Heart" type right now. Eevee is one step closer to becoming Captain Planet.

zephilicious

Quote from: Custom on February 17, 2013, 02:10:34 AM
the pink makes me feel that it won't be a light type though? you know?

yep. I don't know where light ever came from it never made sense.
~~ <3

Neerb

Quote from: zephilicious on February 17, 2013, 08:59:46 AM
yep. I don't know where light ever came from it never made sense.

There are a bunch of light-based attacks, and Dark was one of the last types introduced; it's completely believable. Bet it's Heart, though.

zephilicious

In the context of Sylveon light makes less sense than normal, and as we've already discussed dark type is not an elemental darkness and light it not it's opposite.

Elemental darkness is currently represented by ghost type so it follows that light would be represented by happy good spirits. IE Fairies.

hopefully it will have a better name, but it's fairy.
~~ <3

Neerb

Quote from: zephilicious on February 17, 2013, 10:01:17 AM
In the context of Sylveon light makes less sense than normal, and as we've already discussed dark type is not an elemental darkness and light it not it's opposite.

Elemental darkness is currently represented by ghost type so it follows that light would be represented by happy good spirits. IE Fairies.

hopefully it will have a better name, but it's fairy.

Dark Pulse, Dark Void, and Night Daze don't count? And what makes fairies the official opposite of ghosts? Are there not friendly ghosts and wicked fairies in all sorts of fiction? What do the two even have in common besides "magic?"