News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on February 17, 2013, 03:48:29 PM
Dark Pulse, Dark Void, and Night Daze don't count? And what makes fairies the official opposite of ghosts? Are there not friendly ghosts and wicked fairies in all sorts of fiction? What do the two even have in common besides "magic?"

Dark Pulse is "Evil Pulse" in Japan. The other two though, I have nothing on.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

zephilicious

Quote from: Z on February 17, 2013, 04:00:42 PM
Dark Pulse is "Evil Pulse" in Japan. The other two though, I have nothing on.
the other two are signature moves that exactly two pokemon can learn. obviously that's what defines the type.

Quote from: Neerb on February 17, 2013, 03:48:29 PM
Dark Pulse, Dark Void, and Night Daze don't count? And what makes fairies the official opposite of ghosts? Are there not friendly ghosts and wicked fairies in all sorts of fiction?
of course there are there are exceptions to everything. types aren't defined by their exceptions.
~~ <3

Custom

i'm going to pray for flying or normal type plz gamefreak

Sirwaddy

Pretty sure it's going to be flying.

Looking at its name derivations, and the fact that any new types would either belong to such a small group of pokemon or warrant a ton of retyping for fairy-esque pokemon, flying seems like the likely candidate.

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on February 17, 2013, 08:59:46 AM
yep. I don't know where light ever came from it never made sense.
Pretty much the only reason it's so popular now in speculation is because, like I said half a dozen times by now, people have been theorizing a light type since as early as Gen III. It's definitely the most speculated non-existent type out there. If there are close seconds I honestly don't know any. But I have been seeing "Light" for ages.

Quote from: Sirwaddy on February 17, 2013, 07:14:04 PM
Pretty sure it's going to be flying.

Looking at its name derivations, and the fact that any new types would either belong to such a small group of pokemon or warrant a ton of retyping for fairy-esque pokemon, flying seems like the likely candidate.
The color scheme is the major argument against Sylveon being a Flying type, as far as I know. Because think about it, each and every one of the past evolutions have matched their types as far as color. Closest thing to an exception here is Espeon. It's classified as Purple--though appears some ambiguous pinkish color at times--and not many other Psychic types are (Psychic types tend to be any color of the rainbow with no clear preference) but as far as, say, the type "badges" () it's pretty close.

Meanwhile Flying isn't represented by pink anywhere, and there's not a single pink Flying Pokemon to date. So it seems really weird that Sylveon's color wouldn't match its type if that were the case.

And since Psychic is taken by Espeon, there's really no other type that its color even comes close to matching. That coupled with the secrecy behind its typing is what's causing all this commotion about a new type.

Anyway, what exactly does Sylveon's name come from again? I'm sure I could think of it if Sylvan Learning didn't keep coming to mind >_>
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Kayo

Hey guys, wait a darn second. All this talking about Sylveon and no one seems to notice that Xerneas and Yveltal's types are being kept a secret too. Now, I know we didn't get cover legendaries' types right away last time, but it's a little different this time for pretty much the same reason as Sylveon. They gave us height and weight before typing. Anyone else think there's anything strange about that? If not, what types would those two even be?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Sirwaddy

Sylveon's English more than likely comes from Sylph, which is a wind spirit or nymph or something like that. The other languages had similar results as well.

As for the typing color, thing. The blue tips on Sylveon's ribbons almost exactly match Flying-type's bar color . But just because the previous eeveelutions match this color pattern theory doesn't mean it's a pattern that's still around. Need I remind you that GameFreak's been breaking some patterns lately.

As for Yveltal and Xerneas having hidden types as well, that's common for the legendary mascots. Reshiram and Zekrom weren't disclosed for a while either, and Reshiram was also highly speculated to be a Light-type. Look how that turned out.

Kayo

Quote from: Sirwaddy on February 17, 2013, 08:51:15 PM
Sylveon's English more than likely comes from Sylph, which is a wind spirit or nymph or something like that. The other languages had similar results as well.
Yeah, "Ninfia" and etc. are said to come from "nymph" so it makes a ton of sense. Still doesn't exactly point it away from a new type, though.

QuoteAs for the typing color, thing. The blue tips on Sylveon's ribbons almost exactly match Flying-type's bar color . But just because the previous eeveelutions match this color pattern theory doesn't mean it's a pattern that's still around. Need I remind you that GameFreak's been breaking some patterns lately.
Either use the color coordination argument or don't. If you're going to go with GF breaking a pattern, the little blue accents on the ribbonlike features mean absolutely nothing. And like I said, it's not like the color pattern has been deviated from yet, even in the slightest. What "broken patterns" are  you referring to, exactly? I can't think of any that are this significant (as little significance as it may hold) off the top of my head.

QuoteAs for Yveltal and Xerneas having hidden types as well, that's common for the legendary mascots. Reshiram and Zekrom weren't disclosed for a while either, and Reshiram was also highly speculated to be a Light-type. Look how that turned out.
If I remember correctly, they didn't give us height and weight for Reshy and Zek until we got their type combinations. But I could very well be wrong on that. I'm just saying we know just as much about Sylveon as we do about Xerneas and Yveltal, yet people are focusing more on Sylveon right now. If they're making a pair of new types, the mascot pokemon could very well each have one of them. I know they didn't do that in Gen II, but at this point in time, a pair of new types is such a new and exciting change that it only seems natural that GF would have the mascot Pokemon representing them.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

people are focusing on sylveon because game freak has been yelling WHAT TYPE IS IT since the reveal. xerneas and yveltal's reveals didn't come with types but they also didn't come with big signs saying LOOK AT ME WHAT TYPE AM I??

on the other hand I've heard plenty of speculation that xerneas will belong to the same fairy/spirit.magic type as sylveon. I don't buy it, they would have hyped up a new type first chance they got.

Quote from: Kayo on February 17, 2013, 08:42:17 PM
Pretty much the only reason it's so popular now in speculation is because, like I said half a dozen times by now, people have been theorizing a light type since as early as Gen III.
and it's been shot down every one of those times. With a bunch of pokemon that looked much more like light than sylveon.

normal is more likely than light and normal's not intercourse ing happening.
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on February 17, 2013, 09:08:51 PM
people are focusing on sylveon because game freak has been yelling WHAT TYPE IS IT since the reveal. xerneas and yveltal's reveals didn't come with types but they also didn't come with big signs saying LOOK AT ME WHAT TYPE AM I??
Well, someone should find where they released the dimensions for those two. They might have the same "? ? ?" in the "Type" field as Sylveon did in its first appearance (CoroCoro).

Quoteon the other hand I've heard plenty of speculation that xerneas will belong to the same fairy/spirit.magic type as sylveon. I don't buy it, they would have hyped up a new type first chance they got.
I totally buy it, that is if and only if there is a new type in the first place. Partially because I literally can't think of any other type that Xerneas would be besides Normal or maybe Grass. Which are both (or together) poopty types for a cover legendary. It could also be Steel, to be completely honest. Not too sure at all, though.

Quoteand it's been shot down every one of those times. With a bunch of pokemon that looked much more like light than sylveon.

normal is more likely than light and normal's not intercourse ing happening.

but an unreleased type in general is more likely than Normal. I personally have just been using Light as an example, since hell if I know what the new type would be. Honestly I don't even have the slightest idea.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

yes the xerneal and yveltal reveals listed ??? type, but no attention is drawn to it. it's been the same for the last couple generations. the point of the reveal was to show off the mascots.

the sylveon reveal on the other hand was entirely designed to drawn attention to the fact that his type was a mystery. every single sentence on the page references the type.
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on February 17, 2013, 09:36:38 PM
yes the xerneal and yveltal reveals listed ??? type, but no attention is drawn to it. it's been the same for the last couple generations. the point of the reveal was to show off the mascots.

the sylveon reveal on the other hand was entirely designed to drawn attention to the fact that his type was a mystery. every single sentence on the page references the type.
While I agree that they're hyping Sylveon's type issue a lot more, I still find it odd that they would go as far as to give us the Pokemon's dimensions before their types. Again, if they've been known to do this in the past, let me know, because I'm not sure.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on February 17, 2013, 09:38:38 PM
While I agree that they're hyping Sylveon's type issue a lot more, I still find it odd that they would go as far as to give us the Pokemon's dimensions before their types. Again, if they've been known to do this in the past, let me know, because I'm not sure.

i think this is a normal thing, i don't know if they've done it in the past
but let's be honest, nobody really gives a poop about dimensions but type can mean everything

Sirwaddy

Quote from: Kayo on February 17, 2013, 08:59:28 PM
Yeah, "Ninfia" and etc. are said to come from "nymph" so it makes a ton of sense. Still doesn't exactly point it away from a new type, though.
Either use the color coordination argument or don't. If you're going to go with GF breaking a pattern, the little blue accents on the ribbonlike features mean absolutely nothing. And like I said, it's not like the color pattern has been deviated from yet, even in the slightest.
In all honesty the color coordination argument is insignificant in the first place, I was just trying to appeal to multiple arguments for Sylveon's type. Leafeon is brown anyways, so its tail and ears being green (SAME COLOR AS GRASS WOW) means "absolutely nothing" just as much as Sylveon's ribbons do. I was just trying to defend my case from that theory's point of view too.

Quote from: Kayo on February 17, 2013, 08:59:28 PMWhat "broken patterns" are  you referring to, exactly? I can't think of any that are this significant (as little significance as it may hold) off the top of my head.
The broken pattern I'm referring to is Black 2 and White 2. Everybody was expecting Gray, and GF broke that tradition/pattern/whatever you want to call it.

Quote from: Kayo on February 17, 2013, 08:59:28 PMIf I remember correctly, they didn't give us height and weight for Reshy and Zek until we got their type combinations. But I could very well be wrong on that. I'm just saying we know just as much about Sylveon as we do about Xerneas and Yveltal, yet people are focusing more on Sylveon right now. If they're making a pair of new types, the mascot pokemon could very well each have one of them. I know they didn't do that in Gen II, but at this point in time, a pair of new types is such a new and exciting change that it only seems natural that GF would have the mascot Pokemon representing them.
Height and weight mean absolutely nothing when Pokemon are being revealed, and in the actual mechanics weight is the only one that matters, and even then it's only involved with a handful of moves. The order of when this info comes out is just as meaningless. The legendaries' types are always kept secret, the focus is on Sylveon because that's where GF wants it to be. They're probably just hyping it up because if it does end up Flying-type, it'd be the first non-legendary that was Flying monotype. Which is certainly something GF would overhype people about.