News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

The Riddler

no, their japanese letter that "the colors match up with"

Sirwaddy

Quote from: The Riddler on February 18, 2013, 08:46:04 PM
no, their japanese letter that "the colors match up with"

That's because the logo is keeping a pastel color scheme for the sake of the short. That doesn't change anything.

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on February 18, 2013, 02:00:18 AM
LOL LOL LOL i can't even think straight after reading this garbage
conquest was hard to find, but using that as a reference point for all ds releases is poop
it was also hard to find everywhere in general and isn't a main series pokemon game. 
there are tons of copies of b&w2
also really, you talked to the manager of your local gamestop? about conquest? that's your source? REALLY? are you joking???
he probably spouted bullpoop at you to try to get you to leave the store. or you probably just misquoted him as you tend to do
i really don't think the fact that they lingered on the ds was the main reason for sales hurting.
please post actual sources thanks
It's a small intercourse ing store in the mall, the only people working there were the manager and one other employee. I spent a few minutes looking and eventually the girl behind the counter asked me if I needed help (I was the only customer in the store) and I told her what game I was looking for. She went and got the manager and he said it was only available to those who pre-ordered it. I asked him why they didn't have any extra copies and he said, word for word, "Because everything is 3DS now." Note: My local GameStop carries less Nintendo than Sony or Microsoft by a large amount, so it seemed to me like they wanted to use what little space they had for 3DS stuff and 3DS stuff alone.

I mentioned that they had shelves full of Black and White when they came out (which they did) and asked why they'd do that but not have a single extra copy of Conquest. He said, "Because Pokemon is a very popular franchise" which I didn't get at all, considering Pokemon Conquest...is...a Pokemon game. But whatever, I guess he figured that the main series games would sell better. Which is correct.

And then when Black 2 and White 2 came out, my local GameStop's deal was again pre-order only. So yeah. Sorry I couldn't intercourse ing videotape the conversation with him. But that is what happened. If your GameStop is bigger than a public restroom and you didn't have this problem, good for you.

Just like to add that I'm not blaming all GameStop stores. Just mine, which has known to be more than a bit unreliable. I just don't think it's the only store in the country that'll go that low.

Quote from: Z on February 18, 2013, 09:38:46 AM
Conquest, hard to find? It's intercourse ing everywhere here.
Eh, on an unrelated note, Target and Best Buy didn't have it either when I first went to get it (Day after release). The guy at Best Buy was very helpful and looked it up, and it turns out Best Buy had the wrong release date, and they weren't going to get it until exactly one week after the actual release date. Target was not helpful at all, and I couldn't get a reason why they didn't have it. It took until my fourth store (Fucking Wal-Mart, man) to actually find a copy of the darn game to pick it up.

I'm sure now you'll be able to find it anywhere except the GameStop in Kingston, New York (lol), which last I checked had still not a single new copy of Conquest.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on February 18, 2013, 09:17:58 PM
It's a small intercourse ing store in the mall, the only people working there were the manager and one other employee. I spent a few minutes looking and eventually the girl behind the counter asked me if I needed help (I was the only customer in the store) and I told her what game I was looking for. She went and got the manager and he said it was only available to those who pre-ordered it. I asked him why they didn't have any extra copies and he said, word for word, "Because everything is 3DS now." Note: My local GameStop carries less Nintendo than Sony or Microsoft by a large amount, so it seemed to me like they wanted to use what little space they had for 3DS stuff and 3DS stuff alone.

I mentioned that they had shelves full of Black and White when they came out (which they did) and asked why they'd do that but not have a single extra copy of Conquest. He said, "Because Pokemon is a very popular franchise" which I didn't get at all, considering Pokemon Conquest...is...a Pokemon game. But whatever, I guess he figured that the main series games would sell better. Which is correct.

And then when Black 2 and White 2 came out, my local GameStop's deal was again pre-order only. So yeah. Sorry I couldn't intercourse ing videotape the conversation with him. But that is what happened. If your GameStop is bigger than a public restroom and you didn't have this problem, good for you.

Just like to add that I'm not blaming all GameStop stores. Just mine, which has known to be more than a bit unreliable. I just don't think it's the only store in the country that'll go that low.
Eh, on an unrelated note, Target and Best Buy didn't have it either when I first went to get it (Day after release). The guy at Best Buy was very helpful and looked it up, and it turns out Best Buy had the wrong release date, and they weren't going to get it until exactly one week after the actual release date. Target was not helpful at all, and I couldn't get a reason why they didn't have it. It took until my fourth store (Fucking Wal-Mart, man) to actually find a copy of the darn game to pick it up.

I'm sure now you'll be able to find it anywhere except the GameStop in Kingston, New York (lol), which last I checked had still not a single new copy of Conquest.

what was the point of posting all this lol
sorry kid try again next time

Custom

silverhawk: master of the forum
please share your input on the new eeveelution

Kayo

Quote from: The Riddler on February 18, 2013, 06:10:57 PM
I can't read Japanese. Which of the two lines with ??? signifies Type?

First one, it's "taipu" in katakana. Phonetics.Was probably answered already but I'm just replying to like everything.

Quote from: Sirwaddy on February 18, 2013, 06:34:09 PM
There isn't going to be a second Eeveelution. Sylveon has been hinted at for a while now with Japan's movie short "Eevee & Friends". Each character represented an eeveelution and as you can see, there's only room for Sylveon.

Or,  they could hype the intercourse  out of Sylveon (due to its new type????????), use only it in the short or whatever, then silently create a second one that we won't see until the game's release? Maybe they just haven't thought of a second one yet?
(Probably not very likely, I'm just being overly hopeful because I want a second one ;~;)

Quote from: Z on February 18, 2013, 07:55:56 PM
Steel eevee confirmed
Just assuming you're not serious because I haven't seen anything on this. Don't mess with me like that, though.

Quote from: The Riddler on February 18, 2013, 08:04:01 PM
could be my colorblind but the colors for umbreon and glaceon in that picture really suck
because putting black in a logo full of pastel colors would kind of mess up what they were going for

Quote from: Custom on February 18, 2013, 09:20:29 PM
what was the point of posting all this lol
sorry kid try again next time
Because it explains everything you criticized my original post for so have fun reading it. You asked.

Oh also @JrDude because I'm too lazy to pick one of your posts to reply to.
No one. No one at all is saying that we're 100% going to get a new type. You're saying we're 100% keeping our current 17 with no additions. Stop being so gosh darn stubborn.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Sirwaddy

Quote from: Kayo on February 18, 2013, 09:28:47 PM
Going with either Normal or an unreleased type on this one.

I'm actually starting to hope for a new type

If that doesn't say "Light" (or fairy/whatever fancy name GF might have up their sleeve) then I don't know what does.

Which is kind of why I'm suggesting a new type (with the next one being one of the 9 types that we already have that aren't already covered) and at this point there really is no decent argument for it or against it.

Unless they loosed this one early to showcase a new type. It's one of the two, quite frankly.

Honestly, we're more likely to get a new type than to get a Normal Eeveelution.

Anyway, I'm sure it's generally agreeable that we're more likely to get a "Light" type than a "Fairy" type, if anything.

No one. No one at all is saying that we're 100% going to get a new type.

Custom

during a funfest mission in black 2 you can find an eevee
fun type confirmed

Kayo

Quote from: Sirwaddy on February 18, 2013, 10:24:52 PM

Yeah, and in none of those quotes did I say that we're definitely, without a doubt getting one. This whole time i've accepted the fact that, no matter how likely it seems, it's not set in stone until an official source comes out and says that "[Pokemon] will be of the [unreleased] type". You have to realize that most of this is just hypothetical speculation.
[move][/move]

Sirwaddy

What type do you guys think Xerneas and Yveltal are going to be?

Custom

Quote from: Sirwaddy on February 19, 2013, 12:06:47 AM
What type do you guys think Xerneas and Yveltal are going to be?

normal or psy and fire/flying

Sirwaddy

I kind of see Xerneas as being something with Water. Initially when I saw its horns I thought of a light spectrum which lead me to think of a light type. But I also think that since water can refract light like that Water is a possibility. And it's blue...

Kayo

Quote from: Sirwaddy on February 19, 2013, 12:24:22 AM
I kind of see Xerneas as being something with Water. Initially when I saw its horns I thought of a light spectrum which lead me to think of a light type. But I also think that since water can refract light like that Water is a possibility. And it's blue...

So was Dialga, which ended up being Steel. Which is why I said earlier that it could be Steel and I wouldn't be TOO surprised, but honestly if it's not a new type I have not the slightest clue what it could be.

Yveltal either, for that matter. They're both so ambiguous that there's no way to accurately tell. It was rumored via a recent fake CoroCoro "leak" that it was Dragon/Dark but even that doesn't seem to entirely fit.

Quote from: Custom on February 19, 2013, 12:22:47 AM
normal or psy and fire/flying
Other than it being red I don't see fire at all.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

xerneas is half steel. sword feet.
~~ <3