Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zephilicious

I'd like to see steel/psychic vs dark/dragon

they're be pretty evenly matched, not that gamefreak cares
~~ <3

Sirwaddy

Yeah I'm liking the Steel/Psychic idea quite a bit now. I can kind of see Dark/Dragon for Yveltal but I still see more of a bird than a dragon, and dragon's kind of been done with legendaries too much. Watch they'll both get second forms and both be part dragon.

Zero

next dragon type should be Grass/Dragon

intercourse  yeah

Custom

Quote from: Z on February 20, 2013, 02:54:06 PM
next dragon type should be Grass/Dragon

intercourse  yeah

i'd like this

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Quote from: Sirwaddy on February 20, 2013, 01:36:44 AM
I did explain where I got water from. But because you disagreed with it the words must have disappeared.

The fact that "water reflects light" seems like too much of a stretch to call it Water for me. For like the tenth time, I don't see it.

Quote from: JrDude 益 on February 20, 2013, 02:32:20 AM
Xerneas is more likely to be Water type than Palkia. And Palkia is intercourse ing Water type. I literally see NO REASON AT ALL for that typing for Palkia.... I almost went on a rant.
Dialga is based around the diamond, the hardest substance on earth, so it becomes Steel to reflect the durability of the diamond. Palkia is based on the pearl, a gem which comes directly from the sea, so it's Water. Would be my best guess.

QuoteIn all honesty, I can see Game Freak being all "OH THEY LOVED PURE FLYING, LET'S DO IT AGAIN" And then make Yvetal Pure Flying Type. Hell, they did that with the Fire Starters. "EVERYONE LOVED BLAZIKEN AND IT'S TYPING, LET'S DO THAT TYPING AGAIN AND AGAIN!"
So that's my updated prediction for that.
If they checked on the fanbase at all they'd know that we don't love the repeated Fire/Fighting typing. Even if they didn't, I honestly doubt they'd go a FOURTH generation in a row. Even three was a stretch. Sure, they were possessed enough to not stop after two generations, but I'd imagine they have a little bit of sense left in them.

QuoteAs for Xerneas, Grass/Psychic prediction again. Maybe Grass/Steel? I dunno, but I still think it's going to be the representative of "Mother Nature"
Why? Well it's in a forest, it represents the Letter/Chromosome X, seems peaceful and whatnot. Maybe it will be pure Grass? OR GRASS/DRAGON, a unique (but very unlikely for this thing) type combination.
But because it's in a Forest as it's revealed display spot, I really don't see it NOT being a Grass type. Unless it was Bug. But then again, not only Grass things need to live in the forest, so... But I still think Grass type will be there somewhere.
It was first seen in a forest, yeah, which is unusual for a version mascot I suppose. The only ones that really have been tied to the environment at all are the ones from Gens II and III, in which we've had the ocean twice, the skies twice (let's include Rayquaza) and whatever you'd call Groudon's land affiliation (volcanic?) and we've never had a Grass type mascot, so it seems pretty logical that Xerneas would be grass. Or the forest could mean absolutely nothing when it comes to type. That's equally possible.

Grass/Psychic is a poopty type combination and would be absolutely horrifying to have on a cover legendary. It sucks enough on Exeggutor and Celebi that I don't want to see it on another Pokemon at all, let alone a legendary. How about Grass/Steel? It's not a bad type combination at all. I really want to stand by Steel though. The swordlike legs are too much of a dead giveaway for me.

Quote from: zephilicious on February 20, 2013, 10:38:19 AM
I'd like to see steel/psychic vs dark/dragon

they're be pretty evenly matched, not that gamefreak cares
For whatever reason I don't see only ONE of them being Dragon. It seems as though if they're going to bring the whole dragon thing into it, it'll be a shared type. Personal opinion.

Dark/Flying for Yveltal would seem kind of boring, but it's a type only held by Honchkrow and Mandibuzz, so it's a rather uncommon type.

GameFreak seems to like unique type combinations for mascots lately, by the way. Dialga, Reshiram, and Zekrom were all unique, and Palkia only shared with Kingdra. It's not really too much of a pattern, but whatever. Would be nice to see what they can pull off.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

so when are they announcing the new stuff

zephilicious

next coro coro will show up in a week and a half or so, there's always a chance for something there

the most popular fan speculator (one of those "my uncle works for gamefreak" types, but for some reason people believe him) says pre-evolutions of pinsir and heracross will be revealed then. it's incredibly unlikely, but if that happens then we know everything.

more likely we won't learn anything big until the next movie (and the sylveon short) releases in july.
~~ <3

Custom

Sirwaddy

Not counting January because that was when the games were announced, we will likely get news the same day CoroCoro releases in Japan, which is the 14th here (when the site updated with Sylveon) and the 15th in Japan.

Also a little side note: Since our way of getting the news is through the Pokemon website as opposed to Japan's magazine source, we're also likely to get trailers and footage first like what happened with the Sylveon trailer. We got it when the rest of the Sylveon news came out, and Japan got it a few days later on their "Pokemon Smash" TV program.

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Custom on March 04, 2013, 01:14:33 PM
i hate pre-evos
They're like poopty cute do-nothing additions to the game.

zephilicious

There's nothing wrong with pre-evos that show up in the wild. they allow pokemon that are otherwise too strong to show up earlier in the game.
~~ <3

Sirwaddy

Quote from: zephilicious on March 04, 2013, 03:42:10 PM
There's nothing wrong with pre-evos that show up in the wild. they allow pokemon that are otherwise too strong to show up earlier in the game.

I honestly never thought of it that way before. I don't like pre-evos as much as I used to though, as I would much rather have more evolutions this generation. The only fourth gen Pokemon I really like are the evolutions like Electivire and Lickilicky.

I'm hoping we don't see a pre-evolution to Pinsir or Heracross tis month because that will prove everything Mr. XY said and I honestly feel like a bunch of the Pokemon he listed are crap. Though they might look a lot better than they sound, as I recall Tympole's and Leavanny's descriptions made them sound a whole hell of a lot worse than they actually looked. But I mostly hope it's all fake because I'd like there to still be an element of surprise with what Pokemon to expect in the coming months.

zephilicious

of course its bullpoop people don't leak poop on 4chan
~~ <3

Sirwaddy

Quote from: zephilicious on March 04, 2013, 09:09:54 PM
of course its bullpoop people don't leak poop on 4chan

I know. Though I'm not gonna lie I liked the yeti Ice/Fire Darmanitan variant the guy was talking about.