News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: zephilicious on March 04, 2013, 03:42:10 PM
There's nothing wrong with pre-evos that show up in the wild. they allow pokemon that are otherwise too strong to show up earlier in the game.

96% of my time is spent doing post-story post-post-game content like ev/iv training and fighting the e4 743123456 times to get my perfect pokemon to level 100

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Let's talk about the new Pokemon from CoroCoro. I'm going to be slightly lazy and just quote Serebii. All the pictures and stuff are there so yeah.

QuoteThe first details of CoroCoro appears to have come out. With special thanks to my friend Gin for translation. First, the Pokémon on the far right is called Gogoat (ゴーゴート literally Gohgohto) and is the Riding Pokémon. It's Grass-type, 1.7m and 91.0kg. You can actually ride this Pokémon in the field. It can learn Horn Leech
The lizard is called Elikiteru (エリキテル) and is a Electric/Normal-type. It is the Generation Pokémon and is 0.5m and 6.0kg. It has a new move called Parabola Charge which heals the user while damaging opponents. It uses solar rays to generate electricity
The bird is called Yayakoma (ヤヤコマ) and is the Japanese Robin Pokémon. It is Normal/Flying, 0.3m and 1.7kg. It announces itself with a beautiful voice. It can use the move Flame Charge
The panda is called Yancham ( ヤンチャム) and is the Naughty Pokémon. It is Fighting-type, 0.6m and 8.0kg. It has a new move called Parting Remark
There appears to be more including the game's boxarts, and the Pokédex, as well as the region map but it's not completely visible. We'll bring more as it comes so be sure to keep checking. It also promises more information on Gogoat on a later page.
Edit: The game is set in the Karos Region which appears to be based on France. You can customise your trainer slightly with hair colour and skin shade. Main city is Miare City which is where it is seen to ride Gogoat

Gogoat is...actually really cute. Don't know what the purpose of the riding thing will be, but I'm glad its design is tolerable enough to get some use out of the riding feature from me.

Elikiteru has an awful type (Normal/Electric) but actually it's unique and it does add a Ghost immunity so maybe it will be interesting. I'm not a big fan of it's design but I have really high hopes for its evolution(s). I really like the Electric damage-absorbing move though. Probably going to be an Electric equivalent of Giga Drain and Drain Punch but it could bring use into the idea of a Bulky Electric-type (could get some use on Eelektross)

Oh and the fact that Elikiteru "uses solar rays to generate electricity" MIGHT be a hint that it can use Solarbeam which would honestly make for a really interesting Electric type. Like, one that would function better in the Sun than the Rain (as pretty much all other Electrics do these days barring the physical ones that can carry fire moves like Electivire).

The bird's (Yayakoma) design is pretty ugly IMO but the fact that it can use Flame Charge leads me to believe that it'll be a USABLE bird like Staraptor was. Even though it's red and uses that move I don't think it'll necessary be a Fire type (Zebstrika is also known for learning Flame Charge on level-up) but it very well could be.

Yancham is that panda-esque fighting type thing. I'm on the fence about how I feel about its design but I'm somewhat worried about how its evolutions will turn out. Might be cool. It's attack "Parting Remark" sounds like a mixture of U-Turn and Memento to me, like it'll lower stats or something and then switch out instead of fainting. But I'm just going based on the translated Japanese name which is every kind of subjective.

Three customization options per gender. I really love the tanner-skinned male and will probably be playing as him. But yeah, it took bringing the region to Europe to allow players to be Aryan. Figures.

All in all, I'm pleased with this new reveal. None of the Pokemon designs really strike me as overwhelmingly BAD yet, even if they're not spectacular. I'm not too worried; I trust Gen VI will turn out just fine.

ALSO, since--remember--we're not looking forward to the Japanese release with this information, it's a worldwide release. So that means we'll probably get translated information almost as quick as we get the Japanese info. So we'll probably get English names for these new Pokemon really soon. (Sylveon took under a week IIRC and the rest had English names released at the same time or before the Japanese names)

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

the panda is super cute but im not getting my hopes up until i see some evolutions, thats where they tend to go overboard.

the fact that they announced types for all of these and still didnt mention sylveon lends even more credibility to the speculated new type.

the us info will be  available around wednesday (when corocoro actually releases)
~~ <3

Sirwaddy

The "customization" is a step in the right direction, but that doesn't change the fact that the girl looks great in all the games and they just throw blue and red garbage at the male trainer.

The pokemon themselves look nice and I'm looking forward to the english reveal in a few days with all of this info.

The Riddler

The goat and the panda are alright. The other two suck. D:

The Riddler

The lizard is called Elikiteru (エリキテル) and is a Electric/Normal-type. It is the Generation Pokémon and is 0.5m and 6.0kg. It has a new move called Parabola Charge which heals the user while damaging opponents. It uses solar rays to generate electricity

i really hope this isn't this gens pikachu

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on May 11, 2013, 11:30:35 AM
the panda is super cute but im not getting my hopes up until i see some evolutions, thats where they tend to go overboard.

the fact that they announced types for all of these and still didnt mention sylveon lends even more credibility to the speculated new type.

the us info will be  available around wednesday (when corocoro actually releases)
Pretty much. Sylveon was one of, if not THE only Pokemon that didn't have its type released immediately in not only Gen VI, but Gen V also, excluding the cover legendaries. Genereally CoroCoro presents it like "This is X, it is a Y-type Pokemon."

I still honestly can't believe people are so thick as to say, even at this point, that there is zero chance of a new type. The claim is really pretty well backed up and you have to be an utter moron to not even CONSIDER it. I'm not going to say it's definitely going to happen yet, but it's undoubtedly possible.

Quote from: Sirwaddy on May 11, 2013, 12:13:21 PM
The "customization" is a step in the right direction, but that doesn't change the fact that the girl looks great in all the games and they just throw blue and red garbage at the male trainer.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that because IMO the male protags in Gen V looked better than the females. Hilbert actually had a great design, and while both the B2W2 characters were pretty sub-par, the male was a lot less inexcusable than the female.

Quote from: The Riddler on May 11, 2013, 12:45:34 PM
The goat and the panda are alright. The other two suck. D:
Wait for the evolutions, mang. I'm seeing loads of evolutionary potential in Yayakoma and Elikiteru. I just hope they don't intercourse  it up.

Also, Serebii updated since I posted the quote and it seems as though Parting Remark is... EXACTLY how I predicted it:

QuoteThe panda is called Yancham ( ヤンチャム) and is the Naughty Pokémon. It is Fighting-type, 0.6m and 8.0kg. It has a new move called Parting Remark which lowers the opponents stats and causes the user to switch out[/img]

That's pretty cool.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

yancham is the naughty Pokemon so fighting/dark evolutions are a possibility, scrafty was pretty  cool i guess im ok with another

also at this point last gen they revealed stuff like drillbur and galvantula and braviary and everyone thought gen v was going to be great then they gave us garbage and ice cream.
~~ <3

Custom

Quote from: Sirwaddy on May 11, 2013, 12:13:21 PM
but that doesn't change the fact that the girl looks great in all the games and they just throw blue and red garbage at the male trainer.

b&w2

Sirwaddy

Anyone can disagree all they want, but they can't deny the fact the guys have been wearing blue and red since Platinum. I'm sick of that.

In other obvious news, Smash confirmed Sylveon isn't Fighting, Steel, or Poison-type.

Zero

the robin is cute as intercourse

what is wrong with you people?

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on May 11, 2013, 02:31:41 PM
also at this point last gen they revealed stuff like drillbur and galvantula and braviary and everyone thought gen v was going to be great then they gave us garbage and ice cream.
Oh you mean how Gen I gave us sludge and eggs

seriously

enough about trubbish and vanillish honestly

besides, one or two pokemon in no way makes or breaks an entire generation so you're wrong

Quote from: Sirwaddy on May 11, 2013, 05:15:00 PM
In other obvious news, Smash confirmed Sylveon isn't Fighting, Steel, or Poison-type.
Good, now the idiots that think it's fighting can shut up. All that's left is to either confirm or debunk flying and if it's the latter then a new type is pretty much confirmed.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on May 11, 2013, 09:17:12 PM
Oh you mean how Gen I gave us sludge and eggs

seriously

enough about trubbish and vanillish honestly

besides, one or two pokemon in no way makes or breaks an entire generation so you're wrong
Good, now the idiots that think it's fighting can shut up. All that's left is to either confirm or debunk flying and if it's the latter then a new type is pretty much confirmed.

implying sylveon can't be GrounD type

Custom

Britz

Quote from: Kayo on May 11, 2013, 09:17:12 PM

Who cares

Also I agree with Zero the robin is intercourse ing adorable THEY'RE ALL CUTE