News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorFilledCandy

Quote from: Kayo on May 15, 2013, 07:57:37 PM
It doesn't, but it would sound a lot better if it did.
ah, oh well
I'll probably forever refer to it at heliotile though, it's already stuck with me

Kayo

Quote from: RazorFilledCandy on May 15, 2013, 08:02:10 PM
ah, oh well
I'll probably forever refer to it at heliotile though, it's already stuck with me
I'm disappointed too because I didn't like its Japanese name either so I don't have any clue what I'm going to call it.

In other news that's definitely not Gogoat or any existing Pokemon in the picture... accidental leak maybe? It looks a tad too obvious to be something that was let out on accident but I'm surprised the big sources like Serebii didn't even notice it. Definitely something new.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Sirwaddy

Quote from: RazorFilledCandy on May 15, 2013, 07:56:57 PM
I've been reading helioptile as helio-tile because I associate -pt with a silent p, like pterodactyl, but idk if it still does that if it doesn't start with pt

I hadn't thought of that. I assumed -ptile derived from reptile so I've been pronouncing the "pt".

Doesn't matter anyway, it's still adorable lol

Quote from: Kayo on May 15, 2013, 08:05:05 PM
In other news that's definitely not Gogoat or any existing Pokemon in the picture... accidental leak maybe? It looks a tad too obvious to be something that was let out on accident but I'm surprised the big sources like Serebii didn't even notice it. Definitely something new.

Someone said it looks like flowers but I really don't see that. I distinctively see the same colors on Gogoat, but the things look smaller so idk what's going there.

I like that we get roller blades

Zero

jesus intercourse ing christ

this is NOT difficult at all

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeel

eeeeeeeeeeeeee

op

tile

Zero

Quote from: Custom on May 15, 2013, 06:04:03 PM
fairy type is such a dumb name
we ain't playing yu-gi-oh

they may rename it in the states

"Dark" type is just "Evil" type in Japan

Kayo

Quote from: Sirwaddy on May 15, 2013, 08:05:30 PM
Someone said it looks like flowers but I really don't see that. I distinctively see the same colors on Gogoat, but the things look smaller so idk what's going there.
The backfur is dark brown instead of Gogoat's two-toned brown and tan, the pattern of colors on the head is different the large horns are missing, and the legs are stubbier. Basically all the characteristics of a reasonable pre-evo, because it retains the foliage-esque fur (or just foliage, can't tell) around the neck and down the spine  It's clearly not flowers. It's two of this species interacting with each other, one facing to the right and one facing the camera.

Quote from: Zero on May 15, 2013, 08:10:19 PM
they may rename it in the states

"Dark" type is just "Evil" type in Japan
Psychic is Esper, etc. But.. was that type confirmed?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on May 15, 2013, 05:35:11 PM
It's interesting. Other types would hate to be paired with normal, but electricity can get away with it, since its only weak to ground. Two weaknesses and an immunity isn't that bad.
Also, adding a Normal type to anything is generally more of a hindrance, since the weakness to the super-common Fighting overpowers the Ghost immunity (Ghost is a rare type) unless there's an issue of weaknesses cancelling out (Psychic, which resists Fighting and is weak to Ghost, is a great pairing for Normal.)

Weakness to two of the most common attacking types in the game does not a good typing make, but it has an immunity and three resistances, albeit to uncommon types, so it's not all bad.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

Quote from: Kayo on May 15, 2013, 08:12:41 PM
Psychic is Esper, etc. But.. was that type confirmed?

more or less

at least two different leakers agree on fairy (but not much else, so somebody's lying)

but really it was obvious as soon as sylveon's names were announced.
~~ <3

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on May 15, 2013, 08:06:34 PM
jesus intercourse ing christ

this is NOT difficult at all

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeel

eeeeeeeeeeeeee

op

tile
You're saying Heel - ee - ahp - tile, yes?

I'm thinking Hee-lee-ohp-tile.

Kayo

Quote from: The Riddler on May 15, 2013, 08:56:35 PM
You're saying Heel - ee - ahp - tile, yes?

I'm thinking Hee-lee-ohp-tile.
Can't we agree on HEE-lee-əp-tile and move on?

Quote from: zephilicious on May 15, 2013, 08:42:38 PM
more or less

at least two different leakers agree on fairy (but not much else, so somebody's lying)

but really it was obvious as soon as sylveon's names were announced.
Do you have links or something?
[move][/move]

Sirwaddy

As if the titles and Japanese logos weren't enough, another nod to DNA. This is the bracelet the male and female trainer are wearing. I assume it's Gen VI's Pokegear/Pokenav/Poketch/C-Gear.

Kayo

Quote from: Sirwaddy on May 15, 2013, 09:15:14 PM

As if the titles and Japanese logos weren't enough, another nod to DNA. This is the bracelet the male and female trainer are wearing. I assume it's Gen VI's Pokegear/Pokenav/Poketch/C-Gear.

Well, it's a link to the thing in the logo for sure, yeah. It honestly looks more like toothpaste to me there.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

Quote from: Kayo on May 15, 2013, 09:07:22 PM
Can't we agree on HEE-lee-əp-tile and move on?
Do you have links or something?

4chan pokebeach twitter google its everywhere
~~ <3

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on May 15, 2013, 09:20:35 PM
Well, it's a link to the thing in the logo for sure, yeah. It honestly looks more like toothpaste to me there.
toothpaste type confirmed

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Sirwaddy

Quote from: Kayo on May 15, 2013, 09:20:35 PM

Ah yes I see where you're coming from