Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mona

Quote from: Custom on May 20, 2013, 05:17:31 AM
oh
if that's all true then fairy is confirmed to be a poop type

A good bit of the Pokemon in the Fairy egg group are normal. Changing them into a fairy type might make some of the weaker ones actually useful (like Skitty). So, I really don't see your logic here.

Neerb

I'm totally fine with Fairy, but if the made a Light type and Ampharos became Electric/Light, that would be amazing.

Custom

Quote from: Mona on May 20, 2013, 06:35:01 AM
A good bit of the Pokemon in the Fairy egg group are normal. Changing them into a fairy type might make some of the weaker ones actually useful (like Skitty). So, I really don't see your logic here.

oh i just mean design wise

nobody really knows what they could do with moves yet

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Sirwaddy

It would be pretty upsetting if anything pink essentially became Fairy type, that'd be pretty big bullpoop. Here's to hoping gamefreak isn't that stupid.

So in that sense I can see Light happening more because it will allow for less of a pink=fairy thing and any Pokemon would essentially be fair game in both retyping and creating new designs.

Custom

they should call it pink type
or kawaii type

Mona

Ugh. You guys have such a limited view on what a fairy is.

Custom

Sirwaddy

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Mona on May 20, 2013, 09:26:47 AM
Ugh. You guys have such a limited view on what a fairy is.
It sounds pretty faggy.

Sirwaddy

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Sirwaddy on May 20, 2013, 11:35:34 AM
Now that's a limited view.
I have a wide, accepting view. Either way, saying "light" or "love" or "fairy" sounds poofy and really let's-hold-hands-and-be-friends. What kid would go out and be excited that they caught a "fairy" type Pokemon? Very few.
Pretty. Fucking. Faggy.

Sirwaddy

Quote from: intercourse on May 20, 2013, 11:38:13 AM
I have a wide, accepting view. Either way, saying "light" or "love" or "fairy" sounds poofy and really let's-hold-hands-and-be-friends. What kid would go out and be excited that they caught a "fairy" type Pokemon? Very few.
Pretty. Fucking. Faggy.

You have a "wide, accepting view" yet you're completely against the idea of a Pokemon type being more lighthearted or whimsical than most, insisting that kids will not be excited about the Pokemon belonging to said type. Then you continue to call it "faggy".

You can have your views but don't bullpoop people and say they're wide and accepting.

Mona

Quote from: Sirwaddy on May 20, 2013, 11:35:34 AM
Now that's a limited view.

Fair enough.

Quote from: intercourse on May 20, 2013, 11:38:13 AM
Pretty. Fucking. Faggy.

Fairies aren't really all about hand holding and being friends. Most are mischievous and nearly all of them would pluck your eyes out if you could see them.

Also by "kids" I assume you just mean male kids which, also, is a limited view.

Zero

Quote from: Custom on May 20, 2013, 05:10:38 AM
not really. if anything that's more of a reason not to have the type called fairy

i'm ok with a new type, i'm just not okay with fairy type. especially if this new type just defaults pink and cute looking pokemon to being 'fairy'
that's bullpoop

i think light type can do some more creative things
and i feel gamefreak hasn't been TOO creative lately
i really think they'd intercourse  up a fairy type and it'll be real poopty

I agree, but think about it. Helioptile in particular could be a light type because its basically photosynthetic or whatever and stores solar energy, but instead its electric/normal. Espeon is a psychic type that changes into this form when exposed to the sun with max happiness. A lot of grass and electric pokemon seem to have inspiration from light oriented stuff, specifically sunlight.

If they made a light type, I think it'd be a lot more difficult to properly execute than this rumored Fairy type. Isn't it rumored that Mawile is a fairy type? That Pokemon isn't pink, so what makes you think that all Fairy types will be pink? Jiggs and Clefairy? Sylveon?

Pink will be part of it but who cares. I just want Steel and Dragon to be nerfed.

The Riddler

Here's the reason "Fairy" sucks.

It limits it to creatures that are fairy-like.  Sure there are lots of kinds of fairies, but every single other type includes all kinds of creatures and justifies their type with what the creature is like.

Fire type Dog - Growlithe
Water Type Bug - Surskit

etc

Fairy types will all be fairies in some shape or form and is just lame, there is nothing but "cute" available to it.

Dragon and Ghost are at least open to different things.