News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

I don't get your issue with it. This is easily one of the closest to the original pokemon aesthetic designs they've released so far

Neerb

Pokemon Bank confirmed for a December 27 release. You get a 30-day free trial, then it's $4.99 per year. So, you'll have to wait til then to transfer your 5th gen Pokemon to X/Y.

zephilicious

means we get 2 months before stealth rock is everywhere again im ok with this
~~ <3

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on October 04, 2013, 04:33:27 PM
Pokemon Bank confirmed for a December 27 release. You get a 30-day free trial, then it's $4.99 per year. So, you'll have to wait til then to transfer your 5th gen Pokemon to X/Y.

noooooo

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

JrDude

I actually kinda like that there's only 70ish new Pokémon. I'm thinking the designers were like, "HEY LOOK AT DIS NOO DESIINE" and the boss guy was probably like "YOU GUYS KEEP DOING THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER AGAIN, OK, we're taking out all the copied poop and keeping our more original ones."
Though I guess you disagree, this seems to be a VERY original cast of Pokémon in my opinion.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Custom

Quote from: JrDude 益 on October 04, 2013, 09:43:10 PM
I actually kinda like that there's only 70ish new Pokémon. I'm thinking the designers were like, "HEY LOOK AT DIS NOO DESIINE" and the boss guy was probably like "YOU GUYS KEEP DOING THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER AGAIN, OK, we're taking out all the copied poop and keeping our more original ones."
Though I guess you disagree, this seems to be a VERY original cast of Pokémon in my opinion.

hahahahahhahahahahhahahhahaah a ha hf hoigfgjo ;ijh;oifdjgh joijdh tr['we9i t0[94 u4[093tuy fs;'hjx' ,;mnbv'knm'pyon65u

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on October 04, 2013, 02:51:56 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Diggersby has that old-man badass look to him, the smug grin and beard, and intercourse ing fists for ears.

Haha oh wow

Neerb

Behold: basically EVERYTHING.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

That's pretty much it, folks. Zygarde, the 3rd member of this gen's legendary cover trio, is number 718 in the National Dex, and since 718-649=69, this is basically it. There's almost definitely an event-exclusive legendary or two after Zygarde, and the leakers are still discovering new Megas scattered around (supposedly there's a Galvantula one we haven't seen yet), but otherwise you're looking at the full Gen 6: 68 brand new Pokemon, one Eeveelution, and 20-ish Megas.

X & Y are by no means small, though: each of the 3 regional dexes, Mountain, Coastal, and Central, has 150 Pokemon old and new, meaning there are 450 Pokemon roaming the region of Kalos. That's NOT the National Dex, mind you, meaning theoretically there are even more in the post-game.

Zero

Game freak goofed if that's the case

oh well still buying it anyway

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on October 07, 2013, 12:11:38 AM
oh well still buying it anyway

My thoughts through this entire experience.

Zero

I get that Zygarde is supposed to have the "opposite" typings of Yvetel and Xerneas but...honestly...they missed a really good chance to do a unique typing instead of [spoiler]Dragon/Ground.[/spoiler]

Why not Dragon/Bug? Dragon/Fairy? Grass/Dragon?

I would've even been happy with Electric/Dragon, even though Mega-Ampharos has the typing.

Game Freak seems to really want to drag out the adding of unused type combinations for some intercourse ed up reason.

RazorFilledCandy

what are you kids gonna use for your team?
heres mine plus some extras that i might switch out

Zero

I don't know for sure because I don't know many old pokemon that are in the game yet.

So far:

-Froakie
-Charmander
-Phantump
-Skrelp
-Honedge
-Mareep

Alts:

-Tyrunt
-Mawile
-Fletchling
-Goomy
-Ralts
-Pancham
-Absol

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on October 08, 2013, 05:28:34 PM
I get that Zygarde is supposed to have the "opposite" typings of Yvetel and Xerneas but...honestly...they missed a really good chance to do a unique typing instead of [spoiler]Dragon/Ground.[/spoiler]

Because of his origin.

In Norse mythology, Yggdrasil, the great life tree connecting all worlds, has several great creatures living upon it.
At the top of the tree, watching over the afterlife and realm of the gods, roosts the great eagle; it is blind, but can see into people's souls.
At the bottom of the tree, on the ground, live four great deer who watch over the realm of earth. The deer each have different colored gems in their antlers; one yellow, one blue, one red, and one purple.
And in the roots of the tree, lives the great world serpent. It's a tremendous dragon slithering between the roots, watching the realms of monsters and the underworld.

These three beasts are the inspiration for Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde, and they work in several different ways.
Yveltal is the eagle; it's a bird, clearly, and its eyes are bright blue and lack pupils, implying that it is indeed blind. Its dex entry and Kalos-based lore also indicate that it has a connection to souls. Yveltal is also the "Y" Pokemon because it is Y-shaped when it spreads its wings and because, as the top of the tree, it represents the Y-dimension of height. Its typing is Dark/Flying due to its connections to the afterlife and hieght.
Xerneas is the four deer rolled into one. It has four sets of antlers, each of which has gems of the same colors as the mythological deer. It is the "X" Pokemon because from the front, its antlers and legs make it look like an X, and has the Pokemon on the ground, it represents the X-dimension of width. It is Fairy due to its mystic, woodland spirit nature and because it watches over the realm of humans (though I would have made it Fairy/Grass, personally).
Finally, Zygarde is the world serpent. Zygarde is the "Z" Pokemon because it can slither into a "Z" shape, and its ability to slither underground and back and forth between the tree roots make it represent the Z-dimension, depth. It is Dragon/Ground because it is, in fact, a great serpent (dragon snake) that lives underground.
Also, Kalos is France, and it makes sense that the legendaries of the first European region are of European origin.

The quadruple nature of these three legendaries combined with how they look easily makes them may favorite cover legendaries since Lugia. All three of them are awesome, and the thought behind them is genius.

The Riddler

Ignoring Megas for now, since more are being found each day and I don't know which I want, and using only new Pokemon. Undecided on Ghost/Grass pair:

Delphox because I wanted the Mage, but I'mma be stuck with Chesnaught for a while.
Diggersby because of the old-man and smug badass look.
Pyroar because it's one of the best things to come out of this generation.
Dragalalgalage because Poison/Dragon is unique and cool.
Hawlucha because Fighting/Flying is intercourse ing pro
the last one because spooky