News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

so those retro-esque pro controllers...

Started by Zero, January 30, 2013, 09:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Are actually a thing:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009O3WU2A/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B009AFLXQQ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=017MWE99Q6J59JWMG0DZ

You kids said they were fakes on grounds it was too good to be true

EDIT: So allegedly these things don't function as pro controllers. Odd considering what they're selling them as pro controllers. Can you smell a lawsuit?

Neerb

I bought one a while ago; was gonna post about them, but forgot.

Basically, its' NOT a Wii U pro controller, it's a "pro controller U", as in it's a Classic Controller Pro that just looks like a Wii U controller. It's still pretty sweet, though, because it's also a Wii Motion Plus. The IR sensor on mine was unfortunately broken, but Nintendo Land's Mario game did recognize it as a Wii Motion Plus, so it does work. I even did some motion-control Mario Kart Wii with it, which was pretty cool. It has two switches on the back; one changes it between Motion Plus and Classic Controller, and one changes the motion sensor between vertical and horizontal (so you never actually have to hold the controller in some weird way).

So, basically, it's a wireless Classic Controller with rumble, a cool SNES design, and way more comfort, PLUS it's a Wii Motion Plus that can't be used with a nunchuk. Might be worth $40 to some people; I personally would have kept it if my IR sensor wasn't broken. Just make sure you know, however, that it's NOT a Wii U Pro controller.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

zephilicious

they're also not the same as the mockups posted before.
just sayin, the other ones were fake.

this looks like some cheap peripheral manufacturer saw those and decided to build them

and what exactly is a wii u pro controller if not a wireless motion sensing classic controller? aside form not being registered as a pro controller by the console i guess.
~~ <3

Neerb

Quote from: zephilicious on January 31, 2013, 09:42:13 AM
and what exactly is a wii u pro controller if not a wireless motion sensing classic controller? aside form not being registered as a pro controller by the console i guess.

Well, as far as playing Wii U games is concerned, that last part is kinda important.

zephilicious

i guess i'm wondering if thats the case. as far as i can tell thats the only possible difference.
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on January 31, 2013, 12:04:07 PM
i guess i'm wondering if thats the case. as far as i can tell thats the only possible difference.

Makes you wonder why the difference exists at all

Patent?