News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Started by Mona, February 14, 2013, 02:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: The Riddler on July 15, 2013, 03:41:24 PM
Where in the game does it tell you not to do it? It only punishes you in one way for doing it and that's with turnips, and if you don't use the turnip system like I don't then that's completely meaningless.

I see nothing wrong with using something left in the game *intentionally*. I don't see it as abuse.

If you abuse a glitch though for gain, that I don't agree with.

Why is this even a discussion, it's all a matter of opinion

you're dumb as intercourse  

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Where in the game does it tell you not to do it? It only punishes you in one way for doing it and that's with turnips, and if you don't use the turnip system like I don't then that's completely meaningless.

I'm pretty sure Isabelle tells you to only use the time poop when necessary when its introduced to you.

I see nothing wrong with using something left in the game *intentionally*. I don't see it as abuse.

If you abuse a glitch though for gain, that I don't agree with.

It was left in the game with the realization that if you set your time in game and travel, you'll need to readjust it accordingly. NOT so you can get items faster.

You're taking advantage of it and you know it. You discern between the glitch and this when the end result is the same: you get items much faster than normal players.

The Riddler

Quote from: Custom on July 15, 2013, 03:45:34 PM
you're dumb as intercourse
since you enjoy music ending in -core i never take your opinions seriously anyway

Custom

Quote from: The Riddler on July 15, 2013, 03:46:37 PM
since you enjoy music ending in -core i never take your opinions seriously anyway

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on July 15, 2013, 03:46:22 PM
I'm pretty sure Isabelle tells you to only use the time poop when necessary when its introduced to you.

It was left in the game with the realization that if you set your time in game and travel, you'll need to readjust it accordingly. NOT so you can get items faster.

You're taking advantage of it and you know it. You discern between the glitch and this when the end result is the same: you get items much faster than normal players.
I never saw a message about not doing it.

They could have had the game automatically tied to your 3DS clock and if you needed to adjust for travels/DLST/etc, you could do it through that. Instead they left you the option to play at whatever time/ on whatever date/ during whatever season you want to make the game more enjoyable for your play style.

Using something left in the game and using a glitch are two completely incomparable things. You may see it as abuse but even if you do (and I don't), you have to be able see that they're not the same thing.

Custom

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on July 15, 2013, 03:49:28 PM
I never saw a message about not doing it.

Perhaps a new pair of reading glasses are in order?

They could have had the game automatically tied to your 3DS clock and if you needed to adjust for travels/DLST/etc, you could do it through that. Instead they left you the option to play at whatever time/ on whatever date/ during whatever season you want to make the game more enjoyable for your play style.

That's a decent idea but I'm sure you could still abuse it through there.

Using something left in the game and using a glitch are two completely incomparable things. You may see it as abuse but even if you do (and I don't), you have to be able see that they're not the same thing.

Whatever bro. You're altering in-game settings repeatedly to get items much faster than normal players. The two things are NOT "incomparable". The reason you don't see the parallel is WHY I'm even posting here to begin with. You're just so blind. I mean, sure, I can agree that "abuse" is a bit of an extreme word, however the fact remains that you really aren't "meant" to repeatedly alter those settings. AC is just so casual that there aren't any repercussions worth noting for doing something like that.

The Riddler

I can't quote you like that dude. Plz find proof of this message 'cause I definitely don't think I ever saw it.

"I'm sure you could abuse it there." Yeah, but if that was the only way to time travel I would disagree with it, because that wouldn't be within the game.

I feel certain that it was left in the game with the intention of it being used. It's a very slow paced game and, according to one friend who did the research, to collect every item legitimately by yourself would take about 15 years (one item/four items per seasonal event depending on how many characters you have each year) - they definitely don't expect anyone to be playing this game for that long and I'm sure that they understand people would like to play it at a faster pace, thus they leave it in the game with no significant penalties, the only penalty being left in so you cannot abuse the stalk market process.

In game content =/= Glitch abuse. Incomparable.

Custom

Quote from: The Riddler on July 15, 2013, 03:57:58 PM
I can't quote you like that dude. Plz find proof of this message 'cause I definitely don't think I ever saw it.

"I'm sure you could abuse it there." Yeah, but if that was the only way to time travel I would disagree with it, because that wouldn't be within the game.

I feel certain that it was left in the game with the intention of it being used. It's a very slow paced game and, according to one friend who did the research, to collect every item legitimately by yourself would take about 15 years (one item/four items per seasonal event depending on how many characters you have each year) - they definitely don't expect anyone to be playing this game for that long and I'm sure that they understand people would like to play it at a faster pace, thus they leave it in the game with no significant penalties, the only penalty being left in so you cannot abuse the stalk market process.

whoa man i've missed kayo's content i'm glad you brought it back

The Riddler

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on July 15, 2013, 03:57:58 PM

I highly doubt there would be screens or videos of a random tutorial when you start up the game. It would take me forever to find that poop. The fastest way would be to play the game over again or start a new villager. Fuck that.

wow. you really are trying to justify your cheating pretty hard there m8. you remind me of someone

Quote from: Custom on July 15, 2013, 03:59:49 PM
whoa man i've missed kayo's content i'm glad you brought it back

The Riddler

Find the screenshot, 'cause I don't think it was a thing.

Neither of us developed the game so we can't say the intentions. You say it's abuse, I say it's not. If it were really not meant to be used, there would be consequences for doing it.

I just don't get how you can compare a glitch to an actual mechanic.

Custom

Quote from: The Riddler on July 15, 2013, 04:06:35 PM

Neither of us developed the game so we can't say the intentions. You say it's abuse, I say it's not. If it were really not meant to be used, there would be consequences for doing it.

stop being so butthurt
we don't care that you do it just stop acting like this is a legit way to get through the game
nobody gives a intercourse  about your poopty animal crossing mii mask and house anyway

Tupin

but does anyone actually want to visit anyone else's town?

Come to my town

friend code 1418-6708-0623

Dream Address is 4400-2287-3629

gate is open

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on July 15, 2013, 04:06:35 PM

If I happen to stumble across it, sure, but I'm not going to invest a lot of time into this.

Riddler, its intercourse ing animal crossing. It is quite literally the ultimate CASUAL game where there are no bad consequences for anything you do. This series attracts people that get frustrated and quit the game if they die once in a game like Yoshi's Island. Consequences weren't even on the radar because that goes against how casual the games are.

Calling it a "game mechanic"? really? Come on man.