News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

A Portfolio of The Baron

Started by The Baron, May 16, 2008, 08:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Baron

Hello, and welcome to my gallery!

I'm not quite sure what should I post, and what shouldn't I post, ha-ha...  I'll start off with a few of my quick sketches.  I don't draw often; sometimes only once a month or two, so I still have a lot to learn.  I enjoy art though.  It's just that I'm quite too busy for it.  And to think I wanted to make a manga too, =P

Kotonoha Katsura (School Days) vs. Captain Falcon

I'm not quite sure what this is, haha...  On another forum, there was an anime character contest going on, and one of the rounds was Kotonoha Katsura vs. Captain Falcon.  I don't hate Captain Falcon at all; I actually like him a lot.  However, since I voted for Kotonoha,... I guess this picture was the result =P

Schoolgirl!Lucas

Another quick sketch on the computer.  Hahaha, I'm not sure why I drew this =')

Bunny Suit!Leon Magnus (Tales of Destiny)

At this point, I'm starting to realize... I draw a lot of crossplays or traps =(

I don't have any time to post any of my other works right now, but I will update with more at a later time.  Enjoy!  I think.

Qsmash

Cool, your skills are at pro level. ;D

The Baron

Thanks, QSMASHBRO!  I'm nowhere near professional though, haha.

Really old sketch of one of Fate/Stay Night's manga pages (Practice):

The Baron

Quote from: JrDude on May 16, 2008, 11:30:19 PM
I don't think you actually did any of those, due to the fact that they are all very different styles.

Ah, really?  Well, I do like to experiment.  Plus, they were done at very different times.  My oldest one was the sketch of Fate/Stay Night.  Then, Bunny Suit!Leon was created, due to someone introducing me to Tales of Destiny.  There were often jokes about him being a trap =)  Next was the Lucas one.  I believe I did that in the morning, a month ago.  I originally picked Lucas as my Brawl character solely because he was cute and wimpy.  So I dressed him in a Motteke! Sailor Fuku- like outfit.

If you know me, I would never steal any artwork and label it as mine.   With sketches, I might copy something from the artist (like that Fate/Stay Night manga page, mentioned earlier).  I never even trace, because I feel that it's not a challenge without reproducing something by tracing.  If anything, I reference poses and what not from other artists.  That's because I'm still practicing.  I'm nowhere near professional.  And if I did steal, I'd pick out better artwork.  Although,... I suppose I don't have any proof to show.  I destroy all hard copies of my works.

How do you propose I prove that I was indeed the artist of all of these products?  Or if you can find proof that I did not make these artworks, then that'd be great =)

Edit:  Also, I forgot to thank you for your comment.  It's quite a surprise someone would think I didn't do any of the artwork, if you know what I mean =P  That's possibly one of the best compliments I've received in my entire life.  No sarcasm either.

Lippers

It's really uncool to waltz into someone's art thread and accuse them of plagiarism.

Unless you have hard (or soft lol) proof you really shouldn't say anything.

I'd like to see some more art. Do you have a deviantArt page?

Macawmoses

Great work Baron, I am thoroughly impressed. (and maybe a little disturbed...)

The Baron

Quote from: Lippers on May 17, 2008, 09:16:03 AMI'd like to see some more art. Do you have a deviantArt page?

Yes, I have two, but I'd rather not link to it, haha :'D  I hate my old account, and my other one has barely anything on it.  So I'd rather not specify the URL, for the good of mankind.

Quote from: mackormosesGreat work Baron, I am thoroughly impressed. (and maybe a little disturbed...)

Thank you =P

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

The Baron

Thanks!  I usually don't draw Lucas, but he's just so adorable, I couldn't resist, haha.

Lippers

Ah cool. I found you already and left a message on dA. :)

There seem to be a LOT of mother fans out there.

What other types of fan art or just art in general have you done?

<3

The Baron

Quote from: Lippers on May 17, 2008, 09:32:08 PM
Ah cool. I found you already and left a message on dA. :)

There seem to be a LOT of mother fans out there.

What other types of fan art or just art in general have you done?

<3

How'd you find me so fast?  Haha.  That's my newer account.  You're an incredible artist by the way!

Types?  By that, do you mean series?  I often draw The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Mother 3, Lucky Star (occasionally), Baccano!, Tsukihime/Melty Blood, Fate/Stay Night, Bleach, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, or anything that comes to mind.  If people request something to be drawn, I'll usually draw it =P

The Baron

A Work in Progress which I'll probably never finish =P  Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.  Specifically, The Disappearance of HS...

X_Hero

Oh, wow... Those are amazing. I'm not even that good... O_O

Nice. =D

Silly_Penguin

Absolutely amazing work! (would love to see more ^_^)

JrDude

Quote from: The Baron on May 16, 2008, 11:43:03 PM
Quote from: JrDude on May 16, 2008, 11:30:19 PM
I don't think you actually did any of those, due to the fact that they are all very different styles.
Edit:  Also, I forgot to thank you for your comment.  It's quite a surprise someone would think I didn't do any of the artwork, if you know what I mean =P  That's possibly one of the best compliments I've received in my entire life.  No sarcasm either.
Finnaly someone understood the complement hidden inside the insult.
[move][/move]
Dude .