News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

OoT 3DS discussion

Started by The Riddler, January 11, 2012, 11:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Oops. Looks like somebody procrastinated for 7 years!

Zero

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Michio Kaku on February 20, 2012, 09:19:43 AM
gotta try that sometime
It's not the easiest thing to do. On top of having to get Farore's Wind on B (since you can normally only use that in dungeons), it's a frame-perfect glitch and therefore difficult to get right without practice.

Here's someone testing the glitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sva16162

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 20, 2012, 10:15:10 AM
It's not the easiest thing to do. On top of having to get Farore's Wind on B (since you can normally only use that in dungeons), it's a frame-perfect glitch and therefore difficult to get right without practice.

How does one go about setting it to B?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on February 20, 2012, 08:43:29 PM
It involves a long, complicated glitch sequence known as RBA (reverse bottle adventure).

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 20, 2012, 09:24:40 PM
It involves a long, complicated glitch sequence known as RBA (reverse bottle adventure).
Sounds painful.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on February 22, 2012, 12:15:18 AM
Sounds painful.
It is in OoT 3D, since you can't clip through the Door of Time.

On another note...

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 20, 2012, 10:15:10 AM

Quote from: Pennington on February 20, 2012, 08:43:29 PM
Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 20, 2012, 09:24:40 PM

Following up, I just learned something. In OoT 3D, there's actually a different glitch you can use to allow use of Farore's Wind outside of dungeons. It requires PERFECT timing, though. Like, 1/15 of a second in the best case.

http://www.jaytheham.com/zcw/Ocarina_of_Time_3DS_-_Use_Restricted_Items

Kayo

I keep forgetting that you must be using the Master Sword in order to initiate the finale of Ganon's battle where you deal the finishing blow.

So if you're like me and used the Biggoron Sword to hammer away at his tail with increased power, the battle will literally go on forever with him being hit but not taking any more damage. Until you switch to the Master Sword, at which point the battle will immediately end.

That being said, I beat Master Quest today.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on February 25, 2012, 09:37:47 PM
I keep forgetting that you must be using the Master Sword in order to initiate the finale of Ganon's battle where you deal the finishing blow.

So if you're like me and used the Biggoron Sword to hammer away at his tail with increased power, the battle will literally go on forever with him being hit but not taking any more damage. Until you switch to the Master Sword, at which point the battle will immediately end.

That being said, I beat Master Quest today.
Er... You shouldn't have switched to Biggoron's Sword. The Master Sword is Ganon's weakness. You were actually dealing half damage against him by using Biggoron's Sword, rather than double. Common mistake, actually.

The Riddler

As far as I know, it still does more damage to Ganon, it just can't do the finishing blow.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: The Riddler on February 26, 2012, 10:21:38 AM
As far as I know, it still does more damage to Ganon, it just can't do the finishing blow.
It doesn't. Test it yourself. In fact, if you use the glitch to keep your Master Sword in the first part of the fight, he goes down in three jump attacks. (Well, two jump attacks and a normal attack, or five normal attacks.) Biggoron's Sword takes ten normal hits for the first part.

Nayrman

Mhm. master is better. Just Biggoron is more convenient for the first part of the fight since it's strong and is just faster than the megaton hammer or so. So easy to just roll under him and hit him than waste magic on light arrows.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on February 26, 2012, 12:44:44 PM
Mhm. master is better. Just Biggoron is more convenient for the first part of the fight since it's strong and is just faster than the megaton hammer or so. So easy to just roll under him and hit him than waste magic on light arrows.
Of course. And yeah, save the magic for when he's actually moving fast enough to be a threat.

Nayrman

I rarely even use magic on Ganon anymore. Makes it too easy when he's stunned for so long. I've been messing with other means to stun him recently and having mixed results. Just for something different. *shrugs*