News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Did anybody get Phantom Hourglass yet?

Started by Redsox579, October 01, 2007, 02:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redsox579

What do you think of it? Are the graphics, controls, game play, etc. good? I've never really played a Zelda game before and I'm thinking about getting it.

Commander Awesome

New to Zelda, are we? What you're looking for isn't PH.

If you have an open mind, start with the original game. It's outdated now, obviously, but it is still a great game worth playing.
ALttP, LA, and I'm gonna have to inflict bodily harm to myself for this, but OoT are alternatives. I personally reccomend LA.

Redsox579

I only have a DS and GBA (for systems that would have Zelda games for them).

Commander Awesome

Quote from: Redsox579 on October 01, 2007, 06:24:41 PM
I only have a DS and GBA (for systems that would have Zelda games for them).
You got all of the handheld Zelda games there, then. The original two for the Classic NES series, the ALttP remake, LA, OoA, OoS, and PH.

7Deadly$ins

I would personally reccommend starting with any of the consoles, as opposed to the handhelds, but... just my opinion.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/BatenKaitos

The biggest Baten Kaitos forum in existence; join today~!

Matrix4Yeshua

The game is great and quite humorous, maybe even moreso than TWW. It takes up the same style of TWW which is cartoony with a a lot of humor. I think it's great. I've barely started the game, but it seems to work pretty well.

The game is mostly done using the stylus, though buttons do have functions for certain menu screens. That's about it. I haven't finished the game, yet, but I have a feeling that it will be astounding.

7Deadly$ins

Yep, picked it up yesterday. I'm enjoying it so far, I'm just having a problem getting Link to roll...
http://z6.invisionfree.com/BatenKaitos

The biggest Baten Kaitos forum in existence; join today~!

ROOk15

Yeah the controls are great, the graphics are kind of :/ and the gameplay is good.  I'm really enjoying it!

GYODXTENXIONALLY

The graphics are good for a DS game. The controls are awesome, very easy to use. ;)

The good is amazing. I've only played it for a couple of hours, and I love it. It's a great game.

But play Wind Waker first. Phantom Hourglass is Wind Waker's sequel.

AshRaven

i'm pretty new to Zelda too. =^.^= I've played a bit of Twilight Princess but i've had most of the plot line/time line explained to me...i understand most of it...^.^;; still very confusing. but i think i might try to get this game, if i can scrounge up enough money for it...