News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

New Nintendo Console announced?

Started by Mutilator7, April 14, 2011, 06:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

I will cry if they implement a friend code system. Come on, Nintendo. Get with the current generation.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Silvercrow79 on April 19, 2011, 12:06:37 PM
I will cry if they implement a friend code system. Come on, Nintendo. Get with the current generation.
FCs appears to be an inevitable option on their part.
But what more could you expect from a slow company?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Neerb

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 19, 2011, 12:36:53 PM
FCs appears to be an inevitable option on their part.
But what more could you expect from a slow company?

Well, they'll probably go with the 3DS route where you only need one code per console instead of a code per game, and I can probably live with that.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Neerb on April 19, 2011, 08:45:55 PM
Well, they'll probably go with the 3DS route where you only need one code per console instead of a code per game, and I can probably live with that.
That'll be fine with me also.
But FCs alone are what screwed Wii owners during Brawl since it was literally impossible to transfer all of your saved data other than Replays.

If they take 3DS's example then that's something I'll be cool with, but knowing it's Nintendo almost anything can happen.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

SkyMyl

If that's true, the controller doesn't seem as bad as the information made it seem initially.

FruitFlow

X-3

That seems pretty fake to me.

FruitFlow

Nayrman

http://gear.ign.com/articles/116/1163325p1.html

Some info about Project Cafe from IGN. Obviously all still rumors and speculation, but I tend to trust the "news" part of Internet Gaming News, and they're usually clear about rumors and info they get from sources they trust. So I find the info rather interesting. Pricing may be a bit high for a Nintendo console, but not outside of my price range. Graphics may be slightly above the 360 with faster processors, and the control mock-ups seem to be pretty spot on. Well, that's what they say anyway. We'll see in about two months. :P

FruitFlow

Man, I hope E3 isn't on a day I work like last years.  :(

Cornwad

But those pictures are still fake if the IGN thing is to be taken seriously. It doesn't look like a SNES.

Nayrman

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 21, 2011, 03:52:12 PM
Man, I hope E3 isn't on a day I work like last years.  :(

It's usually during the week. I tend to DVR the press conferences if I can help it.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Nayrman on April 21, 2011, 03:53:18 PM
It's usually during the week. I tend to DVR the press conferences if I can help it.
If I miss it I usually go online to watch it, but the buffering is slow most of the time and the videos freeze almost every 5 mins.
Forcing me to have to skip parts.

Tupin

Apparently there's something going on on the 26th with Nintendo, or so I've heard from GoNintendo.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.