News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

3rd Party controllers.

Started by Tupin, January 05, 2009, 07:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

With the PS3/360/Wii generation JUST starting to bring out some third party controllers, I thought I would make a thread about everyone's opinion on them. I personally own a few third party controllers for the GCN/PS2, and one for the SNES, which is awesome.

Instead of having a standard D-pad, it has a touch pad like the ones used on laptops. It actually does work better once you get used to not getting any feedback from the controller. Plus, it has really good turbos.

What is your most favorite and least favorite one you have used?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Shujinco2

Pelican is my favorite brand.

That's a 3rd party, right?

Anyway, I find that some of the controllers I use work either mediocre, or REALLY good, so, yeah.

Tupin

Quote from: Shujinco on January 05, 2009, 09:25:08 PM
Pelican is my favorite brand.

That's a 3rd party, right?

Anyway, I find that some of the controllers I use work either mediocre, or REALLY good, so, yeah.
Pelican is pretty good, but I've seen Nyko products that rival the first party ones.

Also, R.I.P Nyko Party Station.  :(

Zero

I've never personally owned a Pelican-anything that worked correctly. I've opened up these said controllers and noticed that some of the parts aren't soldered correctly.

I, don't like 3rd-party controllers....usually. Some Wire-less Mad-catz that some of my friends own are pretty comfortable, but I wouldn't buy them. Then again, I'm too cheap to buy multiple controllers. I make my friends bring theirs.

Java

I don't buy many 3rd party products.

The worst one I ever had was a Mad Catz controller for the PS2.
It was completely unresponsive. It was terrible. >_>

I also have a Wireless Logitech PS2 controller, but it's worked pretty well in the past, so I guess that.

Zero

Quote from: Java_Java on January 06, 2009, 02:48:59 PM

I also have a Wireless Logitech PS2 controller, but it's worked pretty well in the past, so I guess that.

Ah!

I was mistaken. My friends do not own Wireless Madcatz controllers, they are wireless Logitech controllers. Seems I confused the brands.

hybridgoomba

For a while, all I owned was 3rd party controllers for my gamecube, and they haven't been the best, but the grip is definitely more comfy. I just recently got the official gcn controller with my Wii this christmas. strange, yet true...

Visit my web site: http://hybridgoomba.com

Shujinco2

I have a MadCatz controller right now. Guess what, THAT what was causing my Wii to turn off like it did. It did the same thing to my friends Gamecube when I put it in there.

Never again shall I buy a madcatz.

Tupin

Quote from: Shujinco on January 13, 2009, 07:26:24 PM
I have a MadCatz controller right now. Guess what, THAT what was causing my Wii to turn off like it did. It did the same thing to my friends Gamecube when I put it in there.

Madcatz's accessories are crap.

Their 360 coolers made systems short circuit.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Shujinco on January 13, 2009, 07:26:24 PM

Funny...the exact same thing happened with my brother.

Triforceman22

I remember my MadCatz GCN controller.
died within a week. >_>

But my Madcatz memory card, has never died or become corrupt....

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Cooldogs_1

I always hated 3rd party controllers!  They sucked!  They never lasted and had durability of piece of paper!  The controllers made for the console, they were tough!  Kids could slam those against the wall and floor and they still work!  I owned 3 gcn wireless controllers, that were 3rd party!  The ones before them, always got messed up because, when I played with them.  The character/icon would always go up or down, or left or right.  I wouldn't even touch the joystick, and the joystick would stick out straight.  The character/icon would still move!  I've tried unplugging the wireless, take batteries out, and even emailed the company.  None of which worked.  The only way I could play using my wireless GCN, was to buy a new one! 

Mutilator7

Quote from: Triforceman22 on January 14, 2009, 02:15:12 PM
I remember my MadCatz GCN controller.
died within a week. >_>

But my Madcatz memory card, has never died or become corrupt....

Their memory card worked for me, i actually only have two mad catz memory cards and not any official nintendo memory cards. They are becoming a registered  or official accesory maker or something like that. My wireless pelican controller broke. I trust official controllers alot better, but sometimes 3rd parties make interesting change sto the controllers that make them better, other times they put the bumpers on the xbox 360 controllers really spaced out and the c-stick on the gamecube really small.