News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The flaw in Wind Waker.

Started by Allegretto, March 13, 2008, 08:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allegretto

What I believe to be a huge flaw in The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker is graphics. I personally did not like the new childish clay like animation. This has been my least favorite Legend of Zelda game for this reason and others. Many other reasons why this particual Legend of Zelda is my least favorite is how when you gain the Master sword you stay your puny child self. It should have teleported you through time. Also I really do just hate water based games.

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker is still an amazing game with much fun to be held and challenging puzzles and bosses, I greatly enjoy this game even tho it is my least favorite of the franchise.

your opinions?

SkyMyl

No issues with the graphics. I hated the Triforce Hunting. >:( That was the flaw that made me wait 3 years to beat the game! >:( >:( >:(

But I love this game. It's the best Zelda game (Second best is Majora's Mask!) I've ever played! ANd I've played all of them! ;D

Allegretto

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on March 15, 2008, 11:39:40 AM
No issues with the graphics. I hated the Triforce Hunting. >:( That was the flaw that made me wait 3 years to beat the game! >:( >:( >:(

But I love this game. It's the best Zelda game (Second best is Majora's Mask!) I've ever played! ANd I've played all of them! ;D
Orcarina of Time is the best!!!

Silly_Penguin

I myself absolutely loved wind waker. For me it will always be in it's own special place, mainly because it was the first 3D Zelda game i had played. I loved the graphics of it, and i can't really see how any other type of graphics would of fit with it's gameplay and story.

Oren

Quote from: Allegretto on March 15, 2008, 11:43:51 AM

WW > OOT :)

Allegretto

Quote from: Oren on March 15, 2008, 03:31:55 PM

Does that mean OOT rules so much that it ate WW  :D

Ultrasuperstarenator

The problem I had with WW was that all it really did was add a middle man and call itself a new experience. The sailing was just restrictive walking(using one Item at a time, a pain to change direction, went slower when you turned around) Charts were just a split up map, the parry move made the game's Enemies too easy. (with a few exception's) Making you control things with the Wind Waker instead of just making  it into a item was slow, The deku leaf and grapping hook were overused to death, and there was nothing new in act three.

But I disagree, the graphics were great, but I still prefer relistic.

Triforce_Luigi

I liked the graphics, personally, and WW has always been great to me because it was my first Zelda. My main qualm was when sailing at night, especially to far off islands, the music stops. and it gets really boring.

Allegretto

Quote from: Ultrasuperstarenator on March 15, 2008, 03:43:12 PM
The problem I had with WW was that all it really did was add a middle man and call itself a new experience. The sailing was just restrictive walking(using one Item at a time, a pain to change direction, went slower when you turned around) Charts were just a split up map, the parry move made the game's Enemies too easy. (with a few exception's) Making you control things with the Wind Waker instead of just making  it into a item was slow, The deku leaf and grapping hook were overused to death, and there was nothing new in act three.

But I disagree, the graphics were great, but I still prefer relistic.

I forgot about these reasons. But i completly agree.

Jono2

The graphics were fine.  I didn't care either way about them, but it was a kinda cool artistic design.

I just hated the triforce collection.  I only went through the game once because of it.  I don't feel like running around to find charts all over the place, especially because of how slow & restrictive sailing is.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

SkyMyl

No. You have 6-8 versions of OoT already. Majora's Mask felt...diferent. :|

Allegretto

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on March 16, 2008, 10:14:32 AM

.....Still orcarina had the best story..battles...items...gameplay..puzzles...Also you fight the King of Evil Ganondorf for the first time on the first 3d Zelda game.

Oren

Quote from: Allegretto on March 15, 2008, 03:33:49 PM
Quote from: Oren on March 15, 2008, 03:31:55 PM

no its WW shooting a gun at OOT
Does that mean OOT rules so much that it ate WW  :D

Ultrasuperstarenator

Quote from: Allegretto on March 16, 2008, 03:47:52 PM
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on March 16, 2008, 10:14:32 AM

.....Still orcarina had the best story..battles...items...gameplay..puzzles...Also you fight the King of Evil Ganondorf for the first time on the first 3d Zelda game.

And now to shoot down our common view. I thought OoT's story is the WORST out of the 4 3-D games. (if you count PH, then second worst.) And you can't really say the battles are any better than the others. (In fact, I thought WW's and TP's battle systems were much better) The items . . . er, I thought they were the worst too. Nothing really that cool. And I thought the Gameplay was slower than any of the other Zelda games, and puzzles I thought were . . . er, kinda unrealistic. Maybe I forgot to say it, but I thought WW was much better than OoT.

But TP is better still.

ThePowerOfOne

I found nothing wrong with WW. Awesome game  :)