News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Batman Arkham Asylum getting sequel

Started by Nayrman, December 13, 2009, 08:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Announced at the poopfest that was the Video Game Awards last night. Oh and a sequel to that pointless Star Wars game that desperately tried to connect the prequel and the GOOD trilogy. Bah.

I for one am excited about a sequel to Arkham Asylum. While the game was really good, it had some problems with it that I hope they fix. Here's my main three:
1. REAL boss battles, not the same skin over and over again. Ivy was the only real boss in that game
2. Combat could be mixed up a bit. While the timing aspect was fun, I would like a few more button combos for some better moves or something
3. Enemies need to be more threatening. I know you're playing as the god darn BATMAN but you're just so overpowered compared to the average thug nothing really seems that challenging except for the endgame where they give you NO WHERE to use to your advantage. Oh well.

BOREDFOREVER

Good.  I thought it was the best Batman game ever.  And while I somewhat agree with your points, my main issue is with thugs throwing bricks from offscreen.

EDIT: And one or two gadgets I would like for the sequel: Smoke bombs and that trip/wrap wire with the three balls on it.

Macawmoses

The big thing for me is not just throwing in random characters and allusions. Instead, make people matter in it. Show us the baddies we want to see, THEN worry about the allusions.

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: NOA_MAC on December 14, 2009, 11:20:59 PM
The big thing for me is not just throwing in random characters and allusions. Instead, make people matter in it. Show us the baddies we want to see, THEN worry about the allusions.

I agree, but there always seems to be some issue with including villians as bosses in the game.  Remember Superman Returns? That was a decent game aside from the lack of real Superman villains outside Metallo. People are still mad about those intercourse ing tornados.

Also, it always makes me happy when someone properly uses the word "allusion."

Macawmoses

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on December 14, 2009, 11:31:50 PM
I agree, but there always seems to be some issue with including villians as bosses in the game.  Remember Superman Returns? That was a decent game aside from the lack of real Superman villains outside Metallo. People are still mad about those intercourse ing tornados.

Also, it always makes me happy when someone properly uses the word "allusion."
Did I screw up on allusion? D:

And the thing is...while I would like some original stuff etc. etc. how Riddler was played out seemed rather pathetic to me. Did he even actually appear? I can imagine having to actually track him down through his sidequests, culminating in a battle.

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: NOA_MAC on December 14, 2009, 11:34:19 PM
Did I screw up on allusion? D:

And the thing is...while I would like some original stuff etc. etc. how Riddler was played out seemed rather pathetic to me. Did he even actually appear? I can imagine having to actually track him down through his sidequests, culminating in a battle.

No. It actually does make me happy. Sad, I know.

And if you complete all challenges you hear the police arrest the Riddler at his secret location.
It was lame.