News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Animal Crossing character confirmed?

Started by Tuppyluver, September 24, 2007, 04:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuppyluver

I copied this from Nsider 2.

Like I said,this was copied from Nsider 2. I hope it's true!

From new Famitsu (presumably, it seems real, so let's hope!)

Katsuya Eguchi, director of the Animal Crossing games, has been interviewed in the latest issue of Famitsu. In it he discusses the upcoming Animal Crossing game on the Wii, although one of the questions ties into Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

FAMITSU: Have you been approached to contribute Animal Forest elements for the new Smash Bros. game?

KATSUYA EGUCHI: Yes, and there is quite a funny story to it. A few months after E3 2006, (Masahiro Sakurai) contacted me and asked if I'd like to develop possible Animal Forest ideas for Smash Bros. Originally, we settled on just a quick, simple Animal Forest item, but with the success of Wild World and the Animal Forest film, he asked if I'd be up for designing additional elements. [Laughs] Fast forward a few months and I had stage and character concepts created. Sakurai chose his favorite of the stage concepts, slightly tweaked it to his liking, and we together decided on the final Animal Forest character, which is a very fun character to play. With both the stage and character I utilized ideas from the games. For example, if you play the stage at night, the sky will be dark. If you play in the winter, expect to see snow, and leaves in the autumn time. And yes, trees will be decorated on Christmas! It's really something else. I worked very hard on this one little stage! [Laughs] The Animal Crossing character is very much like the one in the games. You know, he will use his axe, fishing rod, bug catching net, and everything else from the games.

Cornwad

We need someone with Japanese skills to read the new issue of Famitsu for us :D

I hope this is true... I wonder if the characters in the background of Smashville will say thier catchphrases. I want to hear Bob say "pffft"... that is what he says... right? :D

Tuppyluver

Quote from: Cornwad on September 24, 2007, 04:48:17 PM
We need someone with Japanese skills to read the new issue of Famitsu for us :D

I hope this is true... I wonder if the characters in the background of Smashville will say thier catchphrases. I want to hear Bob say "pffft"... that is what he says... right? :D

I wish some company would bring Famitsu to the USA.:( I just copied this from Old New Nsider because that place is a spamfest. I like to call the forum we are at now New New Nsider.:D (cookie if you get it.)

Unmistaken

Tuppyluver

Avion-Finch

Theres just one thing about it, there is no christmas in Animal Crossing, its called Toy Day. :O

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

Cornwad

Quote from: Avion-Finch on September 24, 2007, 06:47:19 PM
Theres just one thing about it, there is no christmas in Animal Crossing, its called Toy Day. :O

But the trees would be decorated for Toy Day around Christmas time in real life :O

Tuppyluver

Quote from: Avion-Finch on September 24, 2007, 06:47:19 PM
*looks in Animal Crossing strategy guide*
Nope,they have Christmas. Toy Day is just a day where you get a gift from the mayor. Jingle comes to your town.

Leobreaker36

I seriously cant see them as a pc, but then again, they do have a stage.

RoarOfAges[

solesaver

Well that sounds pretty official to me!  "The Animal Forest Character is very much like the one in the games."  I get my clues from The Animal Forest Character(singular)... and The one.  If there was more than one it would have said The Animal Forest Characters and if it had be anyone other than generic Animal Crosser human it would have been The ones.

Not that I really cared either way.  It looks like Nook is out.

La Pared

cool thanks for the heads up. If the "Animal Forest Character" turns out to be a playable character then he/ she would like pretty funny fighting :D But id still consider using him.  ;)

www.Revolutionists.co.nr

Poncho

If it's true I wonder what character it'll be.

Triple_Factorial

I personally doubt this thing is true. Currently I have yet to see it outside of forums (e.g. this one, GameFAQs) and apparently Famitsu and Eguchi can't understand English. Otherwise they most likely would have found out about this by now if it were fake.