News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

New Pokémon Stuff Ideas

Started by JrDude, December 30, 2009, 04:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on January 21, 2010, 02:51:31 PM
I was speaking only of Pokemon, seeing how as that's what we're talking about. :B
I misread your post. I thought there was an "a" before "game" :P

RX-78-2

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on January 21, 2010, 01:10:16 PM
Hey yet another reason I don't like competitive battling.  You guys throw entire aspects of the battle system out because it makes thing too hard.
Yup. I'm not trying to suck up, but same here. Some people just get too worked up over it.

As for the Evasion Clause and Sleep/Freeze Clause (or whatever their official names are), they really don't need to be in the game--or rather, the metagame. They could tone down the Evasion Clause at least. It's understandable that it's "cheap" and "annoying," but Evasion/Accuracy-affecting moves shouldn't be banned. I think that the clause should restrict using those kinds of moves only up to twice, but not eliminate them. The same goes for Sleep and Freeze-inducing moves. The Freeze condition is difficult enough to get on an opponent, so I think its effects are well-deserved if the effort is put into using it. As for the Sleep condition, it's pretty much the same too, except I could definitely understand banning Sleep-inducing moves that have an 80 or more Accuracy rating.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Red

Quote from: TerribleFrog 39 on January 22, 2010, 10:10:22 PM
Yup. I'm not trying to suck up, but same here. Some people just get too worked up over it.

As for the Evasion Clause and Sleep/Freeze Clause (or whatever their official names are), they really don't need to be in the game--or rather, the metagame. They could tone down the Evasion Clause at least. It's understandable that it's "cheap" and "annoying," but Evasion/Accuracy-affecting moves shouldn't be banned. I think that the clause should restrict using those kinds of moves only up to twice, but not eliminate them. The same goes for Sleep and Freeze-inducing moves. The Freeze condition is difficult enough to get on an opponent, so I think its effects are well-deserved if the effort is put into using it. As for the Sleep condition, it's pretty much the same too, except I could definitely understand banning Sleep-inducing moves that have an 80 or more Accuracy rating.
The sleep/freeze clause is that once a Pokemon is asleep/frozen, you cannot do the same to another Pokemon in the other team's party. It doesn't ban the effects all together.

RX-78-2

Quote from: RedSox on January 23, 2010, 07:38:14 AM
The sleep/freeze clause is that once a Pokemon is asleep/frozen, you cannot do the same to another Pokemon in the other team's party. It doesn't ban the effects all together.
lol thanks *person who I know IRL and just hung out with and found out that this was their account on NSFCD.* It seriously was a little revelation; that might be why I agree with your post so much lol. :D

Quote from: RedSox on January 21, 2010, 03:10:49 PM
I don't mean to change the subject, but I'm going to post what I want in the next one.

More/Useful Key Items. Seriously, the map is good and so is some other stuff, but come on. It's basically been the same ones for years, give or take a few.

More useless towns/places/people. I like exploring in RPGs. I don't want to have to go to every city as part of story; I want there to be completely useless places that you can buy a few items at and meet the locals. Makes the game have much more replay value and way more interesting. Especially if there are some hidden ones.

A training place. It'd function as Shoddy basically. See how much damage a certain move does, what nature works best for your play style, etc. Maybe give it online capabilities, but I couldn't care less.

Sell items to people in game. I'm not sure if you can sell them to pokemarts, but I just want to go up to someone and have him/her say, "I'll give you $500 or that potion!" or the like.

There might be more I want to add later, but that's it for now.
ABSOLUTELY. I love exploring them. That's probably why I enjoy games like RuneScape, Fusion Fall, Final Fantasy (so far I've only played I), and the like. At least there are some pointless areas and side quests in Pokémon games, but I want more. A lot more.

To go along with that though (I know I posted this earlier), I really want character interaction. You should be able to make the protagonist say more than "YES" and "NO." I want to be able to talk to someone in the same way that the player does in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion; maybe a little different. The bottom line though, is that I want a Friendship value for human relationships.

It was said before, but Trainer customization would be great too. It would be just like how it was in Pokémon Battle Revolution.

So_So_Man

Quote from: TerribleFrog 39 on January 23, 2010, 09:04:18 PM
To go along with that though (I know I posted this earlier), I really want character interaction. You should be able to make the protagonist say more than "YES" and "NO." I want to be able to talk to someone in the same way that the player does in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion; maybe a little different. The bottom line though, is that I want a Friendship value for human relationships.
I can't help but agree with this.  Pokemon should become a proper RPG, with npc's that are realistic and can have more complex interactions.  Also, a PC Pokemon game with good graphics could be awesome.

RX-78-2

Quote from: So_So_Man on January 23, 2010, 09:32:06 PM
I can't help but agree with this.  Pokemon should become a proper RPG, with npc's that are realistic and can have more complex interactions.  Also, a PC Pokemon game with good graphics could be awesome.
THANK YOU. And thank you for reminding me of something I was going to post before. I also agree with your Pokémon PC game idea. I wasn't really thinking along the lines of PC (more on the lines of Wii), but PC works better now that I think of it.

One service that the developers could do to the games (hopefully the main series ones) is to make a Teen-rated game (or better yet, an M-rated one =3) for the PC (or at least Wii). That would allow for:

• more violence (I personally don't think this is needed actually, but am open to its addition.)
  • suggestive themes (Probably from some of the clothing if there's Trainer customization.)
  • simulated gambling (The player already does it at the game corners and lottery places.)
  • language (Criminals won't always talk as "nice" as they had in previous games.)
  • better graphics (Just like those in Pokémon Battle Revolution.)
  • MMORPG (When it gets down to it, this would be awesome. I'm sure that many of you have played--or do play--a game like World of Warcraft or RuneScape. A game like that except Pokémon-themed would be great. You could run around in a huge world and meet NPC's and other players and challenge them to battles or just talk. I think that this may be one of the best ideas I've ever had. =P :O ^_^)

Friendly Hostile

...you guys are expecting far too much of Nintendo if you ever hope to see these in the games.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on January 24, 2010, 12:14:41 AM
...you guys are expecting far too much of Nintendo if you ever hope to see these in the games.
That's very (and sadly) true, especially considering how much (and what) they're caught up with now. Maube they could involve some new, skilled developers? GameFreak has done a great job, but they could use the help if they made a Pokémon PC MMORPG. By the time any of these things even have a chance at happening, some of us could even be the developers working on the games.

Friendly Hostile

Nintendo won't ever go with these though.  They have their niche with Pokemon and I doubt they're going to intercourse  with it.

JrDude

99% of these ideas will never happen, we just like to say them.

Speaking of ideas that will likely never happen, how about a 3D game where you're a trainer walking around and junk, and when you battle, the battle style is like a closed area of Kingdom Hearts, you know, you run around a field, attack using certain buttons, not limited to only 4 attacks, but are more limited on attacks (like, if you used to be able to do... IDK swagger, no button combination could be able to do this in this game for every Pokémon that was able to learn it), though this would change things, like being frozen and sleep, 'cause then you could like kick their ass overly easily, and confusion would also have to change a bit. Evasion/Accuracy could actually do what it's supposed to do, like if you use Sweet Scent, maybe some aura stuff can be coming off of them, making them easier to spot or something, while Sand Attack can cover the camera with dirt and the works.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Mystic

Pokemon should not be rated M. If they throw that poop in, it won't be Pokemon anymore.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on January 24, 2010, 01:43:45 AM
Nintendo won't ever go with these though.  They have their niche with Pokemon and I doubt they're going to intercourse  with it.
That + They've tried multiple different spin-offs, which the sales have proven to flop in comparison. Sadly true because I really liked the idea of Pokemon Colosseum but the ideas in it were executed rather badly and Mystery Dungeon was pretty tight.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Zero

All this clause BS is one of the reasons I quit playing competitive pokemon. It's so childish, to make up all of these rules and convince yourself that these "rules" make the game "fair". Yeah, if I spam Ice Beam and miraculously freeze two of your pokemon, instead of crying you should grow a pair and deal with your bad luck.

I'd personally be interested in a Pokemon game that maybe was similar in some aspects to Crystal Chronicals or Four Swords, if you catch my drift. It'd be a neat premise and I wonder how they'd pull off a game like that. I doubt its possibility though.

RX-78-2

Quote from: JrDude ½ on January 24, 2010, 02:33:25 AM
99% of these ideas will never happen, we just like to say them.

Speaking of ideas that will likely never happen, how about a 3D game where you're a trainer walking around and junk, and when you battle, the battle style is like a closed area of Kingdom Hearts, you know, you run around a field, attack using certain buttons, not limited to only 4 attacks, but are more limited on attacks (like, if you used to be able to do... IDK swagger, no button combination could be able to do this in this game for every Pokémon that was able to learn it), though this would change things, like being frozen and sleep, 'cause then you could like kick their ass overly easily, and confusion would also have to change a bit. Evasion/Accuracy could actually do what it's supposed to do, like if you use Sweet Scent, maybe some aura stuff can be coming off of them, making them easier to spot or something, while Sand Attack can cover the camera with dirt and the works.
I've actually thought about this before. I really like the idea of controlling a Pokémon in real time. Maybe you could assign the four moves to certain buttons? Of course, "normal" attacks should be included as well, as you said. It would be very interesting to see how all of the attacks are implemented in the game.

So_So_Man

Quote from: TerribleFrog 39 on January 28, 2010, 04:22:36 PM
I've actually thought about this before. I really like the idea of controlling a Pokémon in real time. Maybe you could assign the four moves to certain buttons? Of course, "normal" attacks should be included as well, as you said. It would be very interesting to see how all of the attacks are implemented in the game.
They did something sort of like this.  Its called Pokemon Rumble