News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Pokemon you'd like to see Evos/Prevos/Alternates for in Gen5

Started by The Riddler, June 07, 2010, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on June 07, 2010, 07:59:58 PM
Well I have to say that the altering of a Cubone sprite into a baby Khan by some retard that can't spell "growth" is amazingly credible, so you've changed my mind completely.

@Cornwad:

I was talking about the poop that went down in the Smash thread. lol
I went to google images and took an image. This guy isn't the one who realized it, he's just one posting it.
Even the anime baby has a similar body to Cubone.

Only difference is color, and Pokemon are known to have color changes in evolutions.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Riddler on June 07, 2010, 08:02:51 PM
I went to google images and took an image. This guy isn't the one who realized it, he's just one posting it.
Even the anime baby has a similar body to Cubone.

Only difference is color, and Pokemon are known to have color changes in evolutions.
I think the color itself will probably be a dead giveaway that there's no connection to Cubones and Kangaskhans.

...Wait, the Pokedex should have already said something like that before.

Gwen Khan

Qwilfish and Luvdisc need something to make them useable, mostly Luvdisc

The Riddler

Quote from: TheAuraWielder on June 07, 2010, 08:07:10 PM
I think the color itself will probably be a dead giveaway that there's no connection to Cubones and Kangaskhans.

...Wait, the Pokedex should have already said something like that before.

Cause all pokemon are the same color as their families. btwthiswashtheonlyimageicouldfindwithbothofthemandimlazy

Of course there is no canon connection between them. But physically they're all very similar. The skull Cubone wears is VERY close to a Kangaskhan head which is said to be "it's mothers skull." Aside from the obvious features, Marowak even has that same spike on it's tail as Kang. It's a cool way to look at things, you guys are just poop holes.

Edit: Actually, hell, the color should PROVE they're related if you go by your logic. Kangaskhan, Cubone, and Marowak are all similar in color. The baby is the only one that's different. :|

Zero

lol don't lump my logic in with his

Secondly, this is just one of those things that people over-analyze. To beat over-analysis, sometimes I guess you have to over-analyze things yourself.

You say that the skull Cubone wears is similar to a Khans head but honestly the only similarities between the two are the pointy horn things and even then its a huge stretch to say that they're exactly the same. The snout is different, the basic intercourse ing SHAPE is different for crying out loud. Look at a Khan's head then go and look at Cubone's skull again. They're quite different.

Now the same exact spike that a Khan and a Marowak have is interesting and its something I never noticed before. In the anime, I remember it being a bunch of spikes going up along the tail of a Kangaskhan, and the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald sprite has it like that, but the D/P sprite lacks it, possibly due to the angle or maybe not, who knows. If you wanted to prove that your argument had merit you probably should have pointed out the spikes from the start, because the skulls have hardly any similarities. Maybe someday we'll have some sort of explanation, but this is Game Freak so probably not.

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on June 07, 2010, 08:33:56 PM
lol don't lump my logic in with his

Secondly, this is just one of those things that people over-analyze. To beat over-analysis, sometimes I guess you have to over-analyze things yourself.

You say that the skull Cubone wears is similar to a Khans head but honestly the only similarities between the two are the pointy horn things and even then its a huge stretch to say that they're exactly the same. The snout is different, the basic intercourse ing SHAPE is different for crying out loud. Look at a Khan's head then go and look at Cubone's skull again. They're quite different.

Now the same exact spike that a Khan and a Marowak have is interesting and its something I never noticed before. In the anime, I remember it being a bunch of spikes going up along the tail of a Kangaskhan, and the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald sprite has it like that, but the D/P sprite lacks it, possibly due to the angle or maybe not, who knows. If you wanted to prove that your argument had merit you probably should have pointed out the spikes from the start, because the skulls have hardly any similarities. Maybe someday we'll have some sort of explanation, but this is Game Freak so probably not.
Actually I just noticed the spike beforehand and edited it in. :X

The basic shape of the skulls is similar. The snout has a different curvature, but the horn things are in the right position, the eyes are in the right position, and the teeth are in the right position. You could argue that that shielding on Kang's head isn't a part of the skull, and the curvature is plausible. Sure, they're not exactly the same, but they're very similar. The argument to this could be that it morphed abit on the evolution, like the Cubone-Marowak evolution isn't the same shaped skull (in fact, Marowak's skull is even more similar to Kangaskhans.)

Using Marowak as a comparison just makes everything more interesting, because you can't deny the similarities are there and are striking.

I know it's over analysis, but it's a fun way to look at things. Don't call someone intercourse ing retarded or outrageous, it's just fun and interesting. And if they ever DID by some longshot make the connection canon, we'd be able to laugh our asses off at you.

Zero

Laugh your ass off at a skeptic? Well hell if they do end up making a clarification in your favor someday it will not be the first time I've been wrong. lol because I'd totally think back and laugh my ass off at you for being wrong, seriously come the intercourse  on. I'm just calling things as I see them.

The skull is too long and narrow, Rob. A Khans head and mouth are very, very, round, not to mention the fact that the nostrils on a Khan's head are no where near where they are on the skull a Cubone has. The pointy things are way larger on a Kangaskhan than on the skull a Cubone has.

It's safe to say that the similarities between Cubone and Kangaskhan are few and far between, and every one you find is just your desperation to find similarities. It happens a lot during over-analysis.

Now when you bring up Marowak, the skulls aren't the same, but the eyes are. They're the same shape almost, and the same color. That coupled with the spike thing you pointed out actually make it out to be a possibility and to be honest I think it'd be pretty cool if some how the two species were distant cousins.

I apologize for calling your logic outrageous, but lol the only one I called retarded was the retard that couldn't spell "growth".

EDIT: lol i only have one ass

JrDude

I have yet to call anyone retarded, I guess since it's me you'll just assume it though. Saying it's a horrible idea is my opinion, saying it's a good idea is your opinion.
I'll tell you why I don't like the idea. Kangaskhan is a kangaroo, Cubone is... not a kangaroo.
Also, your logic on the skull isn't accurate on that pic, they are at the same angle, yet Kanga's head doesn't look like the skull on Cubone's head at all. Head shape is very different, teeth in the wrong spot, eye socket WAY too big for a Kangaskhan's eyes, nose holes are big, I could possibly point out more differences but I don't feel like looking for more.

Regardless, I can guarantee that if a baby Kanga comes, it won't be able to turn into Cubone. Also, I can ALMOST guarantee that there won't be a prevo created for Kangaskhan (at least not in this gen), they've had 3 chances after 1st gen, I really don't think they want one.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

I see the similarities. I dunno, they're there for me.

But any differences that could be there, you gotta keep in mind it'd be an evolution. Cubone wouldn't be straight out of the pouch. Put the skull on and evolve. The skull morphs like when it does from Cubone to Marowak. They may not be identical but it's close enough to be plausible.

JrDude

Another thing I meant to mention, Cubone wears the skull of it's dead mother. In game, and possibly in anime, the mother was shown as a ghost, and, guess who? Marowak! Not Kangaskhan.

Quote from: Riddler on June 07, 2010, 09:20:43 PM
I see the similarities. I dunno, they're there for me.

But any differences that could be there, you gotta keep in mind it'd be an evolution. Cubone wouldn't be straight out of the pouch. Put the skull on and evolve. The skull morphs like when it does from Cubone to Marowak. They may not be identical but it's close enough to be plausible.
If it's the skull of his dead mother, and the mother is Kangaskhan, there shouldn't be any differences in their shape, the skull didn't evolve, it was just put on a Cubone's head.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

While it was said in-game that the Cubone's mother was a Marowak, the ghost itself looked like a conventional ghost.

This whole thing originates to some poop hole that was far too lazy and made similar pokemon designs.

JrDude

Quote from: Zero on June 07, 2010, 09:35:08 PM
While it was said in-game that the Cubone's mother was a Marowak, the ghost itself looked like a conventional ghost.

This whole thing originates to some poop hole that was far too lazy and made similar pokemon designs.
Of course, it couldn't possibly be a coincidence, it was laziness.
Really try to think of it though, would you like the look of either of those 2 being a different color or something?
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 07, 2010, 09:25:23 PM
Another thing I meant to mention, Cubone wears the skull of it's dead mother. In game, and possibly in anime, the mother was shown as a ghost, and, guess who? Marowak! Not Kangaskhan.

If it's the skull of his dead mother, and the mother is Kangaskhan, there shouldn't be any differences in their shape, the skull didn't evolve, it was just put on a Cubone's head.
Well, the argument for that could be: Marowaks also breed Cubones. Derp.
Things change when Pokemon evolve. Hell, Shellder mutates completely.

Edit: Actually your point is moot entirely. The Marowak skull is not what is on Cubone's head, so the shape is pretty much irrelevant there.

Zero

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 07, 2010, 09:40:07 PM
Of course, it couldn't possibly be a coincidence, it was laziness.
Really try to think of it though, would you like the look of either of those 2 being a different color or something?

lol well if you have it so plenty of pokemon have a peach colored circle on their stomachs, spiky tails, and pointy heads because you possess no originality then of course you're a lazy-intercourse . The entire Charmander line has that peach colored circle on their stomach too for gods sake.

You're going to have to be a bit more specific on that last part.

lol this doesn't really correlate much to Rob's point but it probably should be mentioned that, in the games you can definitely breed a male Marowak with a Khan but you pretty much always produce a Cubone. Hell I don't think I've ever had a Khan hatch out of an egg, and if it did it'd be pretty weird seeing that it already would have a baby and poop. The games are fundamentally flawed in that aspect, if you can hatch a Khan. I never got why we had a Male and Female nidoran line but not a full Kangaskhan line. It could totally work.

@Rob: So you're saying you think when the baby Kangaskhan puts on the skull, the skull and the color change? So basically he evolves? I guess it makes sense considering when Cubone evolves into Marowak the skull fuses to fit around Cubone's new head, and essentially becomes an exoskeleton for his head, growing parts that cover its jaw. So the skull could change.

JrDude

I once tried it to see the result, A Kangaskhan did indeed come out of the egg with the baby in it and all.
[move][/move]
Dude .