News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Pokemon you'd like to see Evos/Prevos/Alternates for in Gen5

Started by The Riddler, June 07, 2010, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on June 07, 2010, 09:54:06 PM
@Rob: So you're saying you think when the baby Kangaskhan puts on the skull, the skull and the color change? So basically he evolves? I guess it makes sense considering when Cubone evolves into Marowak the skull fuses to fit around Cubone's new head, and essentially becomes an exoskeleton for his head, growing parts that cover its jaw. So the skull could change.
Yes. It's like a held item, basically.   Kangaskhan <-Level Up- Babykhan -Skull-> Cubone

Zero

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 07, 2010, 09:57:48 PM
I once tried it to see the result, A Kangaskhan did indeed come out of the egg with the baby in it and all.

Then the games just deny all consistency for simplicity, because Cubones come straight out of the egg with skull and all.

Cornwad

One they put on the skull they are a completely different species, and now breed with a skull on. Plus, you can get a Snorlax to hatch from an egg.

Night the Lucario

If you give them the right incense, you can also get a Munchlax. Although why anyone would want to, considering Snorlax just levels better, I don't know.
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

Neerb

This whole Kangascubone thing just sounds like nonsense to me. I see absolutely no reason at all outside of a single fan's desire for it to happen. It's like saying Meowth should be able to turn into Mewtwo because they're both cats and I said so. Granted, this thread is solely for fan desires, but it's still a stretch to say that two species who previously had no relation should become a single species.

The Riddler

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 08, 2010, 08:26:43 AM
This whole Kangascubone thing just sounds like nonsense to me. I see absolutely no reason at all outside of a single fan's desire for it to happen. It's like saying Meowth should be able to turn into Mewtwo because they're both cats and I said so. Granted, this thread is solely for fan desires, but it's still a stretch to say that two species who previously had no relation should become a single species.
A single fans desire? Bahahaha try googling it. It has plenty of support.

Kayo

Alright, on the Kangaskhan/Cubone thing, let me tell you something.

Let's look at game stats and poop. Cubone.. already really darn weak. If Kangaskid (cheesy name I made for reference :3) EVOLVED or whatever into Cubone, do you know how weak it would have to be? And how would it evolve? Usually, in fact, in pretty much every case except for Scyther/Scizor, pokemon get much stronger upon evolution. Kangaskid would have to be, like, weaker than Happiny to make that make sense. Also, it would be very confusing.

And by your logic, that would mean that:
Plusle and Minun should have a common pre-evo.
So should Volbeat and Illumise
Why not Igglybuff and Cleffa? Fuck, they look about as similar as Cubone/Kangaskid (not very other than shape) So why not give them a intercourse in' pre evo? Base stat of 1 in all stats.
Magikarp, Goldeen, etc. are all fish. DO YOU WANT THEM TO HAVE A COMMON PRE-EVO TOO?

One word: No. Get the idea out of your head. Cubone would never have a pre-evo, related to Kangaskhan.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Mechawatts

I registered only to say:
1. This whole Kangaskahn Cubone root pokémon idea is absurd in the most speculative fashion.
2. It's also clear that a baby Kangaskahn should be called Kangaschan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/-chan#Chan

Neerb

Not to brag, but I think I may have just used fact to put a serious dent in this Cubokhan theory:

If a Cubone wears it's mother's skull, and it's mother is Kangaskhan, don't you think that skull would bear at least a tiny bit of resemblance to a real Kangaskhan's? Kangaskhan don't have horns, you know, and don't tell me those are ear nubs because I'm fairly certain we all know that ears aren't actually part of the bone that is the skull. Another thing: Cubone is 1'04", while Kangaskhan is 7'03". Given Kangaskhan's proportions, that would make Kangaskhan's skull approximately 2' tall! Obviously, if a Kangaskhan's skull is almost twice as tall as a Cubone, then Cubone probably isn't wearing a Kangaskhan's skull.

Don't believe me? here's Cubone and Kangaskhan's respective Serebii entries, followed by a rough measuring rod I made in Paint for Kangaskhan:
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/104.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/115.shtml

The Riddler

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 08, 2010, 12:58:21 PM
Not to brag, but I think I may have just used fact to put a serious dent in this Cubokhan theory:

If a Cubone wears it's mother's skull, and it's mother is Kangaskhan, don't you think that skull would bear at least a tiny bit of resemblance to a real Kangaskhan's? Kangaskhan don't have horns, you know, and don't tell me those are ear nubs because I'm fairly certain we all know that ears aren't actually part of the bone that is the skull. Another thing: Cubone is 1'04", while Kangaskhan is 7'03". Given Kangaskhan's proportions, that would make Kangaskhan's skull approximately 2' tall! Obviously, if a Kangaskhan's skull is almost twice as tall as a Cubone, then Cubone probably isn't wearing a Kangaskhan's skull.

Don't believe me? here's Cubone and Kangaskhan's respective Serebii entries, followed by a rough measuring rod I made in Paint for Kangaskhan:
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/104.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/115.shtml

Have you read any of my arguments?

It does bare a resemblence. It's not identical, but it's there.
And like the Cubone to Marowak evolution, the skull could change shape on evolution.
Aside from that, the body shapes and colors are spot on. Marowak gets the spike on the tail, they both have the big yellow belly, etc etc. You cannot deny that they're similar, and the skull is similar enough where a mutation is plausible.

Neerb

But the size! It doesn't say that Cubone wore the skull and then it changed, it says it wears the skull. You could fit almost two entire Cubones inside a Kangaskhan skull! How could that armor it's wearing possibly be that of it's mother's!? Unless, of course, you think that it's mother was a freak 1/7th size Kangaskhan that gave birth to a child the same size as itself...

The Riddler

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 08, 2010, 01:27:12 PM
But the size! It doesn't say that Cubone wore the skull and then it changed, it says it wears the skull. You could fit almost two entire Cubones inside a Kangaskhan skull! How could that armor it's wearing possibly be that of it's mother's!? Unless, of course, you think that it's mother was a freak 1/7th size Kangaskhan that gave birth to a child the same size as itself...
You're right, it doesn't say that it changed. But it doesn't say that it didn't. Even if it DID change, it's still it's mother's skull, no? Marowak is about three times the size of Cubone, and the skull changed in both shape and size. How come the reverse isn't plausible?

Look at any other held-item evolution; Appearance's change drastically. That tiny little metal coat that covers Scizor also covers Steelix's entire body.

You really can't use physics like that here. You gotta suspend disbelief.

Neerb

It just seems a bit... overly complicated. Since this is Pokemon, I suppose it could happen, but it just doesn't seem like it should happen. Linking two different typed, different looking, separated-for-the-past-15-years species seems more than a little random, especially given the evidence against it. I mean, this isn't a meant-to-be pairing like Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, this is like deciding that Lapras and Tropius belong together, or Spiritomb and Gengar, or Pachirisu and Lopunny; there's just no real reason for this to happen outside of some fans deciding one looks a bit like the other.

DededeCloneChris

Can we...drop the whole Cubone and Kangaskhan theory? I don't remember Cubone being a kangaroo before, anyway...

I want a Scyther pre-evo.

The Riddler

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 08, 2010, 01:53:18 PM
It just seems a bit... overly complicated. Since this is Pokemon, I suppose it could happen, but it just doesn't seem like it should happen. Linking two different typed, different looking, separated-for-the-past-15-years species seems more than a little random, especially given the evidence against it. I mean, this isn't a meant-to-be pairing like Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, this is like deciding that Lapras and Tropius belong together, or Spiritomb and Gengar, or Pachirisu and Lopunny; there's just no real reason for this to happen outside of some fans deciding one looks a bit like the other.
I still disagree that they look different. Their bodies are near identical in color and shape. Your only true argument is that they've never been linked and that the skull is a little different. I debunked the skull thing by suspending disbelief.

Like I've said a thousand times before. It's a fun way to look at it, it makes the whole thing more interesting. With all the signs pointing to it, even if it isn't canon, it's still cool to think of it that way.

So, intercourse  you, I'm a believer. rage;