News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Final Fantasy III

Started by The Academy Is..., October 17, 2007, 05:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Academy Is...

I am planning on getting this game soon but I heard it has too many random battles, is this true for the whole game, or just some parts of it?

blue_slime

Yeah, random battles are on the overworld and in dungeons.  The only non-random battles are with bosses.  It is after all a remake of an old RPG.

The Academy Is...

Quote from: blue_slime on October 18, 2007, 07:31:59 AM
Yeah, random battles are on the overworld and in dungeons.  The only non-random battles are with bosses.  It is after all a remake of an old RPG.

I know that, but my question is: Are the random battles too frequent? And if they are is it for the whole game, or just certain parts on the map/in the dungeons?

blue_slime

Uhh... frequent, you could consider that.  I don't think you can walk 15 seconds without entering a battle.  But it's random as opposed to other old FF's that were based on a fixed number of grid steps.  The only places that don't have random battles are in towns and boss rooms.

The Academy Is...

Quote from: blue_slime on October 18, 2007, 08:55:33 PM
Uhh... frequent, you could consider that.  I don't think you can walk 15 seconds without entering a battle.  But it's random as opposed to other old FF's that were based on a fixed number of grid steps.  The only places that don't have random battles are in towns and boss rooms.

How many seconds can you go without a random battle? also does it have the ATB system? Would I need to purchase the strategy guide to complete it 100% or would I be fine with Gamefaqs.com?

Avion-Finch

Quote from: blue_slime on October 18, 2007, 08:55:33 PM
15 seconds would actually not be that bad.... seconds are longer then you think.

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

The Academy Is...

Do you think the price will drop anytime soon?

The Academy Is...

Quote from: The Academy Is... on October 27, 2007, 12:52:42 PM
Do you think the price will drop anytime soon?

Well the price dropped to 30 bucks and I ended up getting it on Friday.  I haven't played too much, but I like what I see.

Custom

Almost every final fantasy game has a ton of random battles.
Its kinda like pokemon. So just pretend  you are are allways running in the grass. >>
Acually I think the pokemon random encouters are way more annoying then the FFIII ones.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!