News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Zelda Goes Casual?

Started by Triforce_Luigi, July 21, 2008, 03:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunderhero4

Im sure it wont be as bad as we think. They will probably make another game like Twilight Princess (they said that about that game too) and I really liked Twilight Princess

Allegretto

Quote from: Chaos on July 24, 2008, 10:11:13 AM
Quote from: guido123 on July 24, 2008, 10:10:13 AM
i say we go on strike...
Now how would we do that?

And if they do start ruining the games. Out with my Wii. I'm selling it.
I already took the initinative.

I sold my wii because im a very Hardcore gamer, and Nintendo is just to easy, plus E3.. :'(

X-3

Dear Nintendo:

How about considering multiple difficulty settings? For example, easy mode for beginners, normal mode for Zelda regulars, and...Master(ugh) mode for those who want a challenge.

Love, X-3

JrDude

Quote from: X-3 on July 24, 2008, 05:11:33 PM
Dear Nintendo:

How about considering multiple difficulty settings? For example, easy mode for beginners, normal mode for Zelda regulars, and...Master(ugh) mode for those who want a challenge.

Love, X-3

I intercourse ing love that idea.
They do it in Megaman, why not in Nintendo games?
[move][/move]
Dude .

guido123

ya that is what i was thinking they could do to is to make different difficulty modes

Click here to level up my card!

ssbb  guido123 - 0989-2935-7676

QingXin

Miyamoto said he wanted the game to become more approachable for Casual Gamers... This also hints at a difficulty setting :P

guido123

Quote from: TamJammerz on July 24, 2008, 06:09:12 PM
Miyamoto said he wanted the game to become more approachable for Casual Gamers... This also hints at a difficulty setting :P
not really

QingXin

Quote from: guido123 on July 24, 2008, 06:15:43 PM
not really
Lol, now that I look back at my post, it really doesn't make anymore sense :|

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: TamJammerz on July 24, 2008, 06:23:21 PM
not reallyl
XD

If they implement a difficulty system, they should make it so that the puzzles and bosses are somewhat harder. Usually, with a difficulty setting, the difference is mainly in the amount of enemies and their vitality or reducing your vitality.

X-3

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on July 24, 2008, 10:43:15 PM
not reallyl
XD

If they implement a difficulty system, they should make it so that the puzzles and bosses are somewhat harder. Usually, with a difficulty setting, the difference is mainly in the amount of enemies and their vitality or reducing your vitality.

I was thinking something like this:

Easy Mode gives you an extra heart from the start. Enemies are weaker, easier to kill and dumber. Bosses are slower, and some may avoid phases entirely. You can get more clues about dungeons, and the puzzles are generally easier.

Normal mode is probably on par with OoT's difficulty. You have 3 hearts at the beginning. Enemies are average, leaning on hard. They more damage than easy mode bosses. Bosses are harder, and some have extra phases.

Hard mode is one of, if not the hardest challenges, Zelda-wise. You start with 3 hearts. However, you cannot get pieces of hearts: your only way to get more hearts is through full heart container from bosses. Enemies are strong, with high vitality and as high A.I. as the Wii can provide. Bosses are much tougher, being stronger and harder to kill, and some have extra phases in their battles. Dungeons are changed around, and you no longer can get any clues. Also, there are no fairies.

Hopefully hard mode isn't too much for a player. Eh, I like it.

guido123

dude getting peices of hearts is cool... i was thinking that you might be abl to upgrade you atteaks just like in phantom hourglass for the DS

thunderhero4

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on July 24, 2008, 10:43:15 PM
not reallyl
XD

Like Portal, with the advanced maps?

Tupin

I just hope that stealth and major backtracking isn't a huge part of the game.

The only type of backtracking I can stand is the kind where the place is small or it's the end of the game and you go back to like the first area to get something AFTER you learn how to warp.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Custom

Quote from: X-3 on July 24, 2008, 05:11:33 PM
Dear Nintendo:

Love, X-3

Yes, please.

Also, I saw the casualness coming after PH. Usually Zelda games take me more than a day to beat...

I guess I should start coming to the Zelda board more often..

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

TucanaTheToucan

There are times that I want a real challenge when it comes to video games, and there are times that I just want to have fun playing my games. I'm what you call an adaptable gamer.