News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

OFFICIAL: EJRAVEN is going to Kill Nsider2!

Started by Kita, December 26, 2007, 05:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kita

We have a LOT of topics about NS2 right now.  Since I was an old Admin there and I know about a lot of the happenings I feel that I should probably make one topic to help keep things in control here some.  Please make yourselves at home here on NSF.  This is a GREAT place!

HE KILLED POWER ON!!!!

QuoteMembers,

NSider2 was a place created after the original Nintendo NSider forums, as a replacement, it's been 3 long months of waiting to see if the Nintendo NSider forums were coming back, now it's evident NSider is not coming back anytime soon.

So It's time for NSider2 to move away from the shadows of an already dead Nintendo forum and create its own identity, under its own name, and under a new domain.

The evolution of our community is the first step into becoming a prosperous Nintendo community, welcoming to members that wish to share memories, great and fun discussions.

First things first:

1. Redirecting member and staff focus on the discussion of Nintendo games, after all we are a Nintendo community.
   2. Closing of Power On forum, because our community should not be based solely on the activity of a forum that is 90% spam, we can be much better than that.
   3. Creation of a General "Gaming" Discussion forum, with more defined guides and a better format to discuss general "gaming" discussion topics.
   4. Launching game-related community events, contests, and activities.
   5. Acquisition and transfer to new domain.

The purpose of this change is to give our members a place where they can discuss Nintendo games, not spam our community.

There are other places where our spammers who wish to continue spamming can go, NSider2 is about to change and they are not welcome here anymore. Those spammers that wish to change and discuss video games are more than welcome to stay and enjoy the many features, games, activities and changes on the horizon.

What a freaking idiot!!!! That is the one board most members go too.  Now my sig there says in big bold letters:

If you want to go to a REAL Nsider join: Nsiderforums.net

NSider2 is going to die because of EJs stupid ass move!  He knows nothing about Nsider if he is doing something like this.  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Please come check out my forum for all your RPG gaming News and chat:

www.vortexshadow.com

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

StarWindWizard7

I give that place less then a month  ::)

I see where he's coming from, but his choices in trying to make Nsider 2 become more
"Independent" is extremely poor.

Ah well, I'm waiting to see whats going to happen.
It should prove most entertaining.

Kita

Quote from: ULTIMATEKAOS on December 26, 2007, 05:05:46 AM
who cares about NS2? :|

The people that go there care.  I would be here more, but it's sooooooooooooo slow! NS2 has over 5000 members and at most points there was always over 100 users online and then when people get on from school between 3pm-7pm there was always close to 500 users online.

www.vortexshadow.com

Original Jesus

I'm pretty much done with Nsider 2. Power On was the reason I joined, and without it I might as well leave.

Eh, this place looks better anyway.

Kayo

Quote from: Original Jesus on December 26, 2007, 05:18:47 AM
I'm pretty much done with Nsider 2. Power On was the reason I joined, and without it I might as well leave.

thanks for supporting us! :)
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Trini

This looks interesting. I wonder if some Art/Po people will leave, and help revive our art board.  ::)

StarWindWizard7

:-)

Any suggestions you can make, To make this forum better please provide some suggestions
on our suggestion Board.  :robothappy:

Kita

Hey Jesus ^_^ I'm very happy to see you here.  This place wouldn't be the same without you :P *hugs*

Help me to get all the people here.  Please put the link in your sig as I have.  We need all our Power On peeps!

www.vortexshadow.com

Riosan

The only reason I even joined NS2 was to lurk, and I've only gone there once.

I agree, it's a stupid move. What he's trying to do is just force people to talk about games, which is extremely boring, and it was the one thing people complained about the first night of Tech Support Forums: the lack of a general discussion.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

HUELEN10

Well I am back again. As you see I hardly post here what with NS2 being my main and all but even I of loyalty to the administration cannot tolerate this......

So I guess if things sour up, expect to see more of me here or on the soon to come Nintendo Power forums.....

RubyGuy1

It was the worst thing to do ever! Now everyone is just going to spam in other boards and leave.

Kita

Quote from: Riosan on December 26, 2007, 05:47:40 AM
The only reason I even joined NS2 was to lurk, and I've only gone there once.

I agree, it's a stupid move. What he's trying to do is just force people to talk about games, which is extremely boring, and it was the one thing people complained about the first night of Tech Support Forums: the lack of a general discussion.

I could have cared less about techsider when it opened.  I had a HUGE response about that forum on the sage board on NS2.  The whole idea was poorly executed.

But yes I'm' trying to get all the users from Power On on NS2 that I can to put the link to this place in their sigs.  We need them here because this place needs to be more active. :(

www.vortexshadow.com

Riosan

Quote from: Darth Scythia on December 26, 2007, 05:58:43 AM
But yes I'm' trying to get all the users from Power On on NS2 that I can to put the link to this place in their sigs.  We need them here because this place needs to be more active. :(

But activeness isn't everything. Personally, I think every user here would much rather have the amount of people we have posting now rather than a ton of idiots posting all the time like on NS2.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

HUELEN10

Quote from: Riosan on December 26, 2007, 06:00:39 AM
Quote from: Darth Scythia on December 26, 2007, 05:58:43 AM

But activeness isn't everything. Personally, I think every user here would much rather have the amount of people we have posting now rather than a ton of idiots posting all the time like on NS2.
You have a point. BTW, I am still new here. Sometimes I feel like I am hated, I hope not, but regardless I want something answered. Weren't this place and NS2 going to merge?