News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Sole Survivor ~ Make a Song! Challenge Up!

Started by THEBIRD, June 01, 2008, 05:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEBIRD

Sole Survivor

Hello, and welcome to Survivor. Survivor is a popular TV series where tribes, or in our case, teams will have to compete in order to win a fabulous prize. On the show, this prize is money. In this game, the winner gets the title of Sole Survivor. Now, don?t expect this to be exactly like the TV show, for those who watch it. You may notice differences.

First up, I?ll explain the challenges. It begins with the Immunity Challenge. This challenge could be anything from a quiz to a world-web scavenger hunt. It is a competition between teams. This means you will need to talk with your teammates in order to win this. The winning team will not have to go to the Team Council. The losing team, however, must vote off one of their teammates. More of that will be explained later on.

The second challenge is the Reward Challenge. This is where the teams compete for a special prize. This is an individual challenge, meaning only one person will win. This, once again, could be anything from a quiz to a world-web scavenger hunt. But, this is a solo challenge. In the Immunity Challenge you participate with your team, in this you are on your own.

The Team Council is where the losing team of the Immunity Challenge must go. In short, everyone PMs me who they want to vote off. After I?ve tallied up the votes, I?ll post the final decision in the thread.

Remember, everything is done through PM. Never post an answer or post who you are voting off. If anything seems confusing, it will become apparent later on. The rules for all games or challenges will be posted later on, so you don?t have to worry about them... yet. Also, feel free to make alliances with others via PM. And I completely encourage you to backstab all of your friends.

Hm, a prize...? Oh, you want something for your diligent efforts? Fine... Maybe I?ll get you a title as ?Sole Survivor? (as mentioned above), or a nice sig from a great sigmaker. We?ll see...

THEBIRD

Team Cookies
WIIGAMER24
Mackormoses
LightningSword
Savage Syn
sonicdude164
darkmario

Team Inferno
EvilSpud
Java_Java
artfox21
Linkfan71
JNeedForSpeed2014
GreatGonzalez106

THEBIRD

Make a Song! Challenge
Okay, here's what you and your team must work together to do: Create a Song. Adding the music, chords, etc, could get you bonus points. I'll be grading it on flow, originality, the "awesome" factor, catchy-ness, and how well it sticks to its genre. Once you've made it, have one person submit it via PM to me.

The song must have at least 2 verses, a bridge, at least 1 chorus, and an ending (seperate from the 2 verses).

Now, before you start your song, you will be competing for Genre. I'm going to give out a quiz; ONE person from each team must fill it out (you guys can choose your Quizzer) then submit it to me via PM. Your answers will determine what the Genre will be.

QUIZ:
Favorite Song:
Favorite Year:
Favorite Color:
Favorite Quote:
Your Philosophy to live by:
Favorite Genre:
IYO Easiest Genre of Song to make:
IYO Hardest Genre of Song to make:

Okay, okay... So it's not a quiz per say. More like a survey. Whatever, just fill it out :P.

If you got...

Musical: You must have a plot put into your song.

Rock: You must have at least 3 chords of an instrument into your song.

Jazz: You must have at least a couple lines of instrumentals.

Rap: You must have an ABCABD rhyming theme.

Country: You must have a rhyming theme of some sort and at least 1 chord.

Pop: You must have a conversation put into song.

THEBIRD

Alright, go ahead and post if you'd like to join. I'll add the two teams afterwards. I'm hoping for at least 5 people per team, but I really would like a bigger number then that.

Daft Pink

Maybe this will get me back into activity here...

Sure, I'll join! And do we get to pick our teams?

Macawmoses

THEBIRD

Quote from: WIIGAMER24 on June 01, 2008, 05:57:13 PM

If I let you pick teams, people would all flock towards the more promising team with the people they like in it. So, no. This way the teams will be even. And I'll be picking randomly, not with any system involved. So, you can blame me if you hate the team you're on :P.

Daft Pink

Quote from: Birdie of Aces on June 01, 2008, 06:03:44 PM
Quote from: WIIGAMER24 on June 01, 2008, 05:57:13 PM

If I let you pick teams, people would all flock towards the more promising team with the people they like in it. So, no. This way the teams will be even. And I'll be picking randomly, not with any system involved. So, you can blame me if you hate the team you're on :P.
OK. This looks like fun.

Spud

Light

I shall join, Mr. Probst Birdie. =D
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Java

YESSSSSSSS!

Thanks for making this!

I saw that you saw my post.

I'm definitely in.

Dark Dragon

Check my art out on DA.

http://foxphantom21.deviantart.com/
(and don't be insulted if you find a Pic that I did. XP)

Linkman

THEBIRD

That would mean we have 7 participants. If we can continue getting 7 people a day, the recruiting part might be completed in time for us to start this almost immediately. Right now I am aiming for 10-20 people. I'll leave this open for people to join for a few more days. I'm thinking of ending the sign up part on Wednesday, June 4th. We'll see how well we do before then...

Savage Syn

Former Hero of Time
Liberty City Hardcore, Liberty City Hardcore, Liberty City Hardore. F*** You!