News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

How do you introduce your self to a girl...

Started by L10, September 05, 2008, 05:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

1. Most girls like older guys so it probably wouldn't work out.
2. It's just a crush since you don't even know her, find someone you know you'd like instead of "Oh she's hot, I wanna date her now."
[move][/move]
Dude .

Riosan

"Hi, what's your name?"

And then talk about what she likes and what her hobbies are. Keep the discussion away from yourself unless she asks.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Lohn Jocke

I just somehow get into the conversation by mixing into a conversation with another friend. It works.

Also, like many said before, this won't end well.

bluaki

I've never been really interested in any girls I know like that yet.
Anyways, I just treat some girls as friends, and if I feel like I want to go further with one of them from that, then I would.

SkyMyl

Umm...I've never introduced myself to a girl. D=

Quote from: Mystic on September 05, 2008, 10:26:25 PM
"Hi, my name is *insert name here*."
But I'll try this.

L10

Quote from: JrDude on September 06, 2008, 02:31:16 AM
2. It's just a crush since you don't even know her, find someone you know you'd like instead of "Oh she's hot, I wanna date her now."

That has crossed my mind...but she's so friggin pretty =/
Quote from: Kaz on September 05, 2008, 10:08:17 PM
jesus christ kid, this isn't that complicated

just go up to her and say hi or find an opportunity for some small talk...what she's wearing that you like, some interest of hers that you noticed, etc. give her your name, obviously, as well

it shouldn't be any different from introducing yourself to a new guy friend
All the friends I have came to me, I didn't go to them...thing is I'm not a great people person, I probably have more conversations here than in real life...
0o!f

Sgt.Chilly

I suggest opening with a compliment.

A compliment should not be confused with a pick-up line.

ninja

If I feel like talking to a girl, I'll just say "whats up?" and get some small talk going.  Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the average girl, so I normally lose my interest quickly if they are all normal and poop.

Quite possibly the best and worst advice in here.

Women refuse to date guys they find to be 'friends'.  Yes, retarded that they'd prefer some random dude taking them to the movies than a guy they get along with.  Last night for example, my friend Kim straight up said "I don't date friends".  I don't remember what brought it up, but I was with Todd and Matt also haha.  Fun night.

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on September 05, 2008, 10:34:11 PM
This thread has me laughing so hard.

haha, likewise.

Quote from: Marth Xero on September 05, 2008, 08:17:03 PM
Lawl, I've had some somewhat interesting and funny stories about things like this...

On Facebook, just request to be her friend, most poeple really don't care(or at least they don't on Bebo, xD)  They be all like " olol I don't know u but friends r kewl" 
But not as full of idiocy.  Yeah, so just request.  I don't think I've ever been denied a friend request on social website things, though I've denied a few...

haha, you're much nicer than I am.  I don't think I've accept a friend request from someone I didn't know in over a year.  I've declined dozens, hah.

Kaz

Quote from: ninja on September 06, 2008, 11:22:28 PM
Women refuse to date guys they find to be 'friends'. 

Don't be so quick to throw all women into that, because I've found that to be untrue on many occasions. Lots of relationships have started out as simple friendships. It's just that the closeness, in their cases, obviously got stronger.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

ninja

Quote from: Kaz on September 07, 2008, 12:17:12 AM

Don't be so quick to throw all women into that, because I've found that to be untrue on many occasions. Lots of relationships have started out as simple friendships. It's just that the closeness, in their cases, obviously got stronger.

lol, I always get to know them first, and that's been my biggest downfall relationship-wise haha

Kaz

Quote from: ninja on September 07, 2008, 12:21:57 AM

lol, I always get to know them first, and that's been my biggest downfall relationship-wise haha

Generally, if a girl won't go out with you and she says it's because she wants to just be friends with you, she's actually saying that she's just not attracted to you that way. But she's trying to say so nicely.

So basically, it's not because your friends, but rather because she would've never gone out with you in the first place.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

ninja

Quote from: Kaz on September 07, 2008, 12:23:36 AM
Quote from: ninja on September 07, 2008, 12:21:57 AM

Generally, if a girl won't go out with you and she says it's because she wants to just be friends with you, she's actually saying that she's just not attracted to you that way. But she's trying to say so nicely.

So basically, it's not because your friends, but rather because she would've never gone out with you in the first place.

That still doesn't explain why they tell me about not wanting to go out with a different guy friend of hers, because she doesn't want to lose him as a friend if things go bad.

Sometimes, you don't have to look deep.

If you get the answer yourself if you ask her out, then you'll have to try and figure it out... but my chick friends normally vent to me lol.  I'm a good listener

and also, I've experienced the same thing they do sometimes... there's a girl I'm attracted to that's finally single, but I don't think I'll make a move on her because I wouldn't want to lose her as a friend if things go sour.  I don't think she's attracted to me, so it's making it even more difficult on me.  Anyways, I don't need any more stress right now haha.

Wow, I gotta lighten up already, I'm probably coming off as an emo kid on this forum since I'm new and have been stressed since I joined xD

JrDude

Quote from: Lichig0 on September 06, 2008, 08:18:22 AM

That has crossed my mind...but she's so friggin pretty =/
Then may luck be with you my friend, but I doubt you'll even say anything to her anyway. And if you so, then I'm almost positive it won't lead to anywhere.
[move][/move]
Dude .

L10

What if I sent her a message in facebook saying "your too pretty to be going to this school" and act as if I've never seen her in school
0o!f

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Lichig0 on September 07, 2008, 07:42:20 AM
What if I sent her a message in facebook saying "your too pretty to be going to this school" and act as if I've never seen her in school
I wouldn't, she might think your stalking her or something, if she finds out who you are