News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

You are likely to be eaten by a grue

Started by Kaz, September 13, 2008, 10:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

Oh, are there any bullet casings on the floor? If so, that could indicate there was some struggle.

Kaz

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 14, 2008, 09:23:18 PM
Oh, are there any bullet casings on the floor? If so, that could indicate there was some struggle.

No. No evidence of gunfire anywhere other than an empty gun, if you can count that as evidence.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Kilroy

Put the main weaponry in your pack, along with the plans.

Also take the stepladder.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Kaz

You decide to pocket the gun and wrench. Your pants pockets are now full, but you feel safer that you at least have one thing you can use as a weapon, and one that can possibly be used as one later on. You don't know why, but you also take the blank plans. Perhaps paper could come in handy later?

You turn around and notice the stepladder again. You think that it may be useful. You pick it up, but then you feel stupid because you realize you have nowhere big enough to store it. It's not that small of a stepladder, after all. You will have to leave it, unfortunately. Too bad, because it could have come in handy. But carrying it would slow you down, so you forget the idea of the ladder.

You push the chair aside and press your ear to the door you just came through, listening. Whatever was there seems to be gone now. You open the door silently and quickly exit, taking the new wrench out of your pocket and wielding it in your right hand as you tiptoe along the hallway you were previously making your way down...toward the storage room.

You find yourself standing in front of the storage room door. You grab the handle and turn. Nothing. It won't turn. It's locked. You curse under your breath.

Now what do you do? There's the right hallway going to the kitchen...or that new door in that office. Or maybe...something else?

Lohn Jocke

Any items we could throw away for the ladder?

Also, take the kitchen. With wrench in one hand, and gun in another.

Kaz

Quote from: JudgementBoyGold on September 15, 2008, 01:05:42 PM
Any items we could throw away for the ladder?

No, it's a ladder. It's too big to fit in your backpack, so the only way to carry it would be...to hold it. But that renders you defenseless and slow, so I wouldn't advise it.

Jono2

wait, what?  the room you just left (the right hallway door) locked behind you?  what just happened?

and when i said take the stepladder, i assumed it was one of those fold-up ones, and that the backpack would have some sort of strap on the back, bulking you up and slowing you down, but still allowing you to move.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Kaz

Quote from: Jono2 on September 15, 2008, 02:34:06 PM
wait, what?  the room you just left (the right hallway door) locked behind you?  what just happened?

and when i said take the stepladder, i assumed it was one of those fold-up ones, and that the backpack would have some sort of strap on the back, bulking you up and slowing you down, but still allowing you to move.

It's fine to assume things. You can do it as often as you like. It's just that this particular ladder is too big.

And no, you went back out into the hallway and kept going the way you were before you even went into the office/boiler room. You know, the right hallway from the beginning that leads to storage. The storage room is locked.

The left hallway from the beginning that leads to the kitchen hasn't even been explored yet, nor has the other door in the office/boiler room been opened.

SkyMyl

Lohn Jocke

Why don't you just break the door open? I can do it, I'm sure he can do it with a wrench/Gun.

Kaz

Quote from: JudgementBoyGold on September 15, 2008, 03:11:09 PM
Why don't you just break the door open? I can do it, I'm sure he can do it with a wrench/Gun.

How would one break the door open with a wrench or gun?

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Kaz on September 15, 2008, 03:29:21 PM

Shoot out the lock, or... Beat it open?

And unless its metal, that should be pretty easy.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Phaze on September 15, 2008, 03:32:03 PM

There is a possibility the wrench would break, and you wouldn't want to waste a gunshot on a door. Not to mention the noise could attract a grue.

Kaz

The lock is a deadbolt built into the door that you'd need a key for. You can't "shoot it out," and you don't have any 9mm cartridges anyway, remember?

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Kaz on September 15, 2008, 03:37:52 PM

The lock is a deadbolt built into the door that you'd need a key for. You can't "shoot it out," and you don't have any 9mm cartridges anyway, remember?
Can't we just break the darn thing open? I don't feel like looking for a key >_>