News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

NSFCD Sleepover READ FIRST POST

Started by Macawmoses, February 28, 2009, 08:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Day confirmed to be Friday night (tomorrow).

We'll start things off at 8 EST/5 PST.

There will be a thread asking for information such as Friend Codes, XBL Info, etc. We'll also use one for "signing in" to the event.

Feel free to leave any time during this part, as it is just the pre-cluster cluster pluck. We'll ask you to start getting some warm up matches in your favorite games, etc. Now, I will be gone from 6 PST until about 8:30 or 9. When I get back, the official event begins.

We'll have a meeting in irc (posted in the thread), and go over the sleepover rules (posting in the thread, proving you're alive and well). We'll begin our first official event (and anyone not partaking is encouraged to seek matches in their favorite games).

Events as of now:

Trivia (Trivia Assassin on the line)
Team Fortress 2
MKWii
GH3 / Rock Band 2 / GHWT (poll will be posted for 15 minutes, winner determines which)

This should take like, 2 hours - which already puts us late, so if SK, Silver, etc. is around we'll start things like StarCraft and TF2 at 6:30 PST for the early peeps.

Anyways, if that block takes as long as I think, we'll already be close to 1:30 AM in EST, which should knock most people out. After that, we'll do mini events based on who is around - another round of trivia, iSketch, and the like.

I don't expect many to be around by 3 EST (I may be out), so the thread will become key. If you have revisions, make em now, and I'll post any revisions. So, if you really, really want Halo Trial (etc) post, and I'll work things out with some of the staff.

This weekend, NSF is having a sleepover.

There will be a late night chat thread, trivia in irc, and matches and the like for TF2, Smash, etc. for those that are able to participate.

The goal is to stay awake the entire night; playing games (be they flash or real), doing trivia, chatting, and just having fun.

Smash Bros and Mario Kart/MSC board users may remember some of these from Nsider - they were great blasts for all whom partook. My best was 19th left at 5:30 AM before dropping out. Yikes.

Anyways, discuss ideas and stuff, and what day will work best for you.

Doodle

Lasting until 5:30AM? I'm going to have to stock up on Coke.
Oh, Friday would be best for me.
YEAH

Link3588

None because I almost always end up having to work on Saturday and Sunday morning.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Link3588 on February 28, 2009, 08:52:53 PM
None because I almost always end up having to work on Saturday and Sunday morning.
You should come for the early stuff. We can do TF2 and the like in bouts.

GreatGonzales106

Although it would be on a weekend, if my parents woke up in the middle of the night and realized I was still up even at like 2:30 they would be mad and make me go to bed. So I don't know. It definitely sounds fun, though.

Macawmoses

You can risk it. I'm giving you warning, and a chance at prizes, chatting with a whack of users, etc. should be worth it.

Tupin

The only time I would be able to do that is during my Spring Break, which is like two weeks from now.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Silverhawk79

Uh...I'll attend, but I won't be staying up too terribly late.

Macawmoses

Well, we could do it for my birthday, but this is more or less a trial run.

jnfs2014

I might be able to attend....maybe........but only until like 3.

Macawmoses

3 is fine. We'll start earlyish, and go til sun-up.

SkyMyl

My brother sleeps in the room next to me, and the walls aren't that thick. The only time I could do it is on a Weekend, when he's in the living room late at night. As much as I'd like to (And as confident as I am), I won't be able to make it. D=

Macawmoses

You can do it on weekends, this is a weekend coming up.

L10

I would kill myself before spending hours with you guys.
0o!f

Macawmoses

Quote from: Lichig0 on February 28, 2009, 10:02:21 PM
I would kill myself before spending hours with you guys.
You're still alive, and posting this.