Important Poll: Read and Vote (POST COUNTS) RE-READ AND RE-VOTE

Started by Macawmoses, August 16, 2009, 02:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Read Post

Do away with.
Keep.

Light

Quote from: JNFS2014 on August 16, 2009, 05:34:21 PM
I actually only had 1700 posts on Nsider, so I'd still have 5000+. I'd say go for it.

lrn to math

Also, I elect to keep postcounts the way they are. We don't really need to do it, so why waste effort on it when we could be using that time to think of other, more important things to do on this site?
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

jnfs2014

My phone doesn't see my postcount, so I just assumed. :P

I have around 1000 posts on NS2, mostly Darkrai's Plot.

Pascal

Commander Awesome

Quote from: Big Brother on August 16, 2009, 09:39:21 PM

lrn to math

Also, I elect to keep postcounts the way they are. We don't really need to do it, so why waste effort on it when we could be using that time to think of other, more important things to do on this site?
ding ding ding

Any possible benefit will be outweighed by the effort involved.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Commander Awesome on August 16, 2009, 08:39:18 PM
But honestly, retroactively removing it isn't the best idea, since you'd have to go in and edit every member who had it edited to the proper number.
No we don't.  SMF 2 added a lovely mod to recalculate post counts if they were altered at all.  All we have to do is click a button and viola, everyone is reset to their actual post count here.

Additionally, no post on this site will be lost or altered in any way.

Custom

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on August 16, 2009, 10:30:41 PM
No we don't.  SMF 2 added a lovely mod to recalculate post counts if they were altered at all.  All we have to do is click a button and viola, everyone is reset to their actual post count here.

Additionally, no post on this site will be lost or altered in any way.

No! Hostile you are supposed to make it seem like a 7 hour ordeal of clicking things over and over.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Macawmoses

Not to mention, the easy and effortless recount forum statistics. So really it's one click to download. Two to install. One to remove. One to recount. 5 clicks. Not bad or painful - and far more accurate to what we really are.

However, it should be noted that with that many users opposed to something as such, I would be hesitant to do so.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Customrobo13 on August 16, 2009, 11:23:00 PM
No! Hostile you are supposed to make it seem like a 7 hour ordeal of clicking things over and over.
I have never been fond of the post count restorations, as I don't like things that falsify stats or make people look more active than they are.

Linkman

I chose indifferent.  I made somewhere around 2,200 posts on OldSider, and I pretty much doubled that here.

Matt

I voted to get rid of... just in spite of the fact some people are against it because they actually care about the posts they made at Nsider. I myself could careless about my post count for the most part.

Totla

Quote from: Customrobo13 on August 16, 2009, 09:30:15 PM
I say we settle this with a war.

North vs South.

* Customrobo13 grabs his guns
* Totla gets ready to abuse his powers

Lohn Jocke

I don't really care, since I'm not one to give a poop about my rank. (unless it's Mod/admin of course =3)

Totla

The Seventh

Quote from: Rhadamanthus on August 16, 2009, 04:36:18 PM
You won't ever have the ability to make your name red, pending Vaati's (and my own) rule stays true. Admins should always be easily id'd, and as such, user ranks shouldn't be red (unless a very different shade, which is possible).
Exactly what I meant when I said that.  I probably should have specified a little more that if there's color selection, the colors should be distinct from MOD/ADMIN colors...  my bad.
meh

Mutilator7

New ranks would be nice if there were more. All my posts are from here so i don't care about the recovery or whatever